Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I could see nintendo redo all of the old Zelda with that look. It does look great. Now I really wish the rumor is true and they are trully working on a Zelda Maker.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Whenever I see any footage of Ultimate Alliance I'm disappointed all over again at the exclusivity.

Should be a multi-platform money printer, with monthly character updates/additions for the like what we see done in the other mobile games. The existence of the latter are probably why that won't happen.

• 1Barf

Siliconemelons

Will be sadman.jpg if Zelda is 50-60$ "full price" game

Edit; it is a very good game- but it still is a "gameboy" game all in all.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
My switch is on "loan" to my nephew; that drop makes me think I should just buy another once we find out if E3 has an XL or a slim.

I don't recall how long Awakening was, but expecting less than 50 (probably 60) seems foolish.

Stealth Platinum likely bad Platinum :/

Maker2 likely as much of a "2" as Splatoon was. There is a 3DS downport of 1, but a lot of the social features didn't carry over.

DQ XI is interesting, just for the old versions - do they offer the S upgrade on PC but kill the orchestral mod?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stealth Platinum likely bad Platinum :/
Where did you get the idea that Astral Chain was a stealth game? The people behind it are Hideki Kamiya and the guy who did the combat system for Nier: Automata. It seems like there may be some stealth sections but everything else looks like Bayonetta/Nier style action.

My only concern is that the graphics look far better than what the Switch has any hope of pushing out at 60fps. Exclusives are an unavoidable part of the industry, but tying exclusives to hardware wholly unsuited to that genre is just irritating.

Last edited:

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I meant stealth release; you're right that I should clarify.

(Yeah, its got 6 months until release, but that's just enough time for bug fixes and emergency feature cuts to make framerate goals.)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah, ok. I just happened to see the pics (probably bullshots? they look awful damned good for the Switch) on Nintendo's site today and there's one with a guard who has a MGS-style "?" over his head with the main characters crouched behind him, and that was something people were talking about elsewhere since it wasn't really shown in the trailer. I assumed that's what you were referring to.

Crimson

Peasant
I got a Switch mostly to either continue Fire Emblem and I wanted to try Breath of the Wild. I put in hundreds of hours on the latter and the former remains the only upcoming game I can say I have any sort of anticipation for. (Do not count the awful Musou games (FE Warriors) though, I hate those games)

Apart from those, I think I have Bayonetta 1 and 2 and Death Road to Canada, and that's the extent of my library. I suppose the general games available for it just don't really appeal to me personally. Not to mention the awful Switch Online ripoff service all but killed a few other games for me.
Is it weird I mostly just use it for Youtube now? Kinda seems like a waste to me.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Szlia

Nice, might just pick it up for DS then. Sold my Wii U like 4 years ago but always wanted to play MM.

I am not 100% sure of the details, but my understanding is that the 3DS is a crippled version as far as sharing levels you made and playing specific levels other people made. I would investigate a bit before jumping in if I were you.

How can they not do "world" making in MM2? That is like /the/ thing that EVERYONE wanted in MM1 and has been a constant ask...

I think the people who want that never made an actual decent level in Mario Maker or they would understand that making a small world with a dozen levels that are not totally mundane would take several dozens of hours. So, if you put that in the game, 99.9% of the great Mario World ideas would go unfinished and unpublished, and 99.9% of the remaining 0.1% would be garbage.

Well, I guess this MM2 will include all the MM1 possibilities and add to them (we know they're adding up to Mario 3D World functions at least) so in a way it's like they're porting MM1 and adding new stuff to it.

Would be cool if they find a way for the MM1 levels to be stored in a server accessible to the Switch players of MM2 so the levels aren't lost / have to be rebuilt in MM2.

Nothing official has been said on the matter, but months after the latest content updates, Super Mario Maker has several times been patched to change some minutes things in character handling and enemy behavior. In a way, these were bug fixes, but these were also bugs that really did not needed to be fixed (and doing so broke a number of technical and precise levels, made forever impossible to beat). A reasonable explanation for Nintendo fixing stuff in a 3 year old game with no content patch in sight is that it needed to align the SMM1 and SMM2 engines, which only makes sense if they plan to make the levels of the first game playable in the sequel. Now, it's Nintendo, so who knows wtf was going on.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am a bit jealous that Astral Chain is exclusive to Switch. I'm more than willing to give a Platinum game a chance, but not enough to buy another console.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I have literally zero creativity, but even I had fun making levels in Mario Maker 1. It's really fun trying to actually make fun levels with good level design, without being obtuse, stupidly difficult or just boring.