Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Dragon Quest 11 out this month as well. I have it on pc, but I'm getting it on switch as well

I believe it's the same day as 1-3 get released, the 27th. I think this is the first time 1-3 have been released in NA beyond the original NES releases too. If you like Old School RPGs, I loved Dragon Warrior 3 as a kid and I hear it actually holds up into modern times.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I believe it's the same day as 1-3 get released, the 27th. I think this is the first time 1-3 have been released in NA beyond the original NES releases too. If you like Old School RPGs, I loved Dragon Warrior 3 as a kid and I hear it actually holds up into modern times.

I have 1 through 3 on the ipad...

Possibly on my 3ds as well I can't remember.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Not gonna lie I'm still kind of salty that the PS4/PC versions of DQ11 aren't getting the extra stuff. I'm like 2/3 of the way through my play through and been meaning to go back but ugh, all the extras make it hard to want to go back.

• 2Solidarity

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not gonna lie I'm still kind of salty that the PS4/PC versions of DQ11 aren't getting the extra stuff. I'm like 2/3 of the way through my play through and been meaning to go back but ugh, all the extras make it hard to want to go back.

This. They could have at least given us the option for better music.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I picked up a switch a few days ago, grabbed Zelda and Fire Emblem for now.

Definitely need a proper controller for Zelda though. Is official switch controller worth the ridiculous looking $70 or are the cheaper 3rd party ones good enough?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So I picked up a switch a few days ago, grabbed Zelda and Fire Emblem for now.

Definitely need a proper controller for Zelda though. Is official switch controller worth the ridiculous looking $70 or are the cheaper 3rd party ones good enough?
never trust 3rd party controllers unless its hori, and even then they only sell the left side joycon, no wireless (for the better stick)

pro controller does feel the best, if the pro controller is a 10/10, the joy cons in a comfort grip (that thing you got for free) is a 6/10

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Preordered and preloaded DQ 11.

I've been playing the demo while flying around and shit in wow, pretty sure im gonna play the whole game that way.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
never trust 3rd party controllers unless its hori, and even then they only sell the left side joycon, no wireless (for the better stick)

pro controller does feel the best, if the pro controller is a 10/10, the joy cons in a comfort grip (that thing you got for free) is a 6/10
8bitdo are excellent too, especially the SN30 Pro+ which is probably the best alternative to the official Switch Pro controller. Personally I think it's better than the Switch Pro, since it has the correct stick/d-pad layout, analog triggers for whenever you want to use it on other platforms, and Windows software that lets you customize practically everything about it (which is saved to the controller itself so your customizations carry over to the Switch). It's only $50 too. The only things it can't do are wake up the Switch from sleep or read NFC--neither of which any 3rd party controller is allowed to do afaik--so if you actually use Amiibos for some strange reason you'll need to use the joycons temporarily for that.

P.S. Get the "G classic" version, it has the best d-pad.

i play with a pro controller, its great although if you play a lot of ps4/xb1 it kinda fucks you up that A and B are basically swapped
Doesn't really matter what controller you use, just playing Nintendo anything will fuck up your muscle memory on what button does what.

Got mine on Monday, they're every bit as good as people say. Seems like there's a pretty severe supply shortage now though.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Big fan of the pro controller. If you had a Wii U you can also get a USB adapter to support Wii U pros.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really like the Nintendo Pro Controllers. Yeah the button layout (usually for the confirm button) will get you mixedup compared to PS4, but I find they are comfy and the battery life on them is pretty damn good. They are a bit pricey but I haven't regretted getting them. If you are going to do any serious gaming on the Switch I think its a pretty good investment. I find the joycons to be rather uncomfortable to hold for extended periods of time.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Big fan of the pro controller. If you had a Wii U you can also get a USB adapter to support Wii U pros.
my wiiu is collecting dust, i think i'll hack it and make it a super emulator, only bought it for xenoblade chronicles X and even then it was for the wife, and even then the wife just played witcher 3 and said "you don't expect me to go back to ghetto gfx after playing witcher3"?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I find the joycons to be rather uncomfortable to hold for extended periods of time.
yea, we played unravel 2player w/ the joycons shit. my wife didn't know the switch can have the joy cons transformer into 2 player mode. but after 5minutes my hands hurt and after she called me a wimp, she even said her hands hurt and she's a tiny asian girl.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
someone needs to sell a pro controller with A & B reversed.
The 8bitdo controller can change the button mapping if you want, but the problem is that it's only the backwards-ass Japan way when you need to do OK/Cancel type stuff. Normal game controls work as you'd expect them to. Sony knows that people in the west use X for OK and O for cancel and changes their buttons accordingly; Nintendo just doesn't give a fuck.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Checked the deals at Best Buy and picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Minecraft since they were both on sale - with GCU they were $35.99 and $15.99 respectively.

• 2Like