Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Siliconemelons

Rustled that there are many spots of BAD fps drop in Links Awakening - usually Nintendo made games do not have this issue...and its not like it is CRAZY tighten up the graphixxx

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the fps issues with Link's Awakening stopped me from purchasing; a shame because that was the one zelda I played the shit out of as a kid.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah the fps issues with Link's Awakening stopped me from purchasing; a shame because that was the one zelda I played the shit out of as a kid.

When I saw they had remade it walking around walmart, I was contemplating buying a switch for that + some other mingled interest games. That's depressing to hear

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Bought 2 switch lites. Neither seems to have drift issues (yet). I like the form factor, and it will be great to be able to do head to head local Mariokart and Tennis Aces.

There sure is a lot of crap piling up in Nintendo's eShop =/

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
When I saw they had remade it walking around walmart, I was contemplating buying a switch for that + some other mingled interest games. That's depressing to hear

Having finished it 99% in portable mode, I can tell you I didn't have any noticeable framerate issues playing the game and the remake is excellent. But I can't say if maybe it happens on TV, I did like half an hour on TV with it. I'd say it's definitely worth buying. Maybe not the system just for this game, but the Switch has a lot of good games and it's by far my most played console this generation.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fealorn

<Bronze Donator>
My kids are 6 and 4 and i'm looking at getting a switch. They just got into watching Pokemon on TV and I was going to get them a pokemon game, what's a good starter Pokemon game on the switch? I see a new one is coming out next month, should I wait and get that one?

Siliconemelons

Having finished it 99% in portable mode, I can tell you I didn't have any noticeable framerate issues playing the game and the remake is excellent. But I can't say if maybe it happens on TV, I did like half an hour on TV with it. I'd say it's definitely worth buying. Maybe not the system just for this game, but the Switch has a lot of good games and it's by far my most played console this generation.

I will play it in handheld, I get FPS drop almost predictably in the same areas so it wont take long to test... it may be some odd FPS sync issue...

I did find it odd because "Nintendo" series games rarely have issues even when made by a 3rd party publisher they are put through the QC

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My kids are 6 and 4 and i'm looking at getting a switch. They just got into watching Pokemon on TV and I was going to get them a pokemon game, what's a good starter Pokemon game on the switch? I see a new one is coming out next month, should I wait and get that one?
last year i saw my nephew play "lets go picachu" after watching him, i asked why is this game so simple, and he said it's just the basic first pokemon game but in 3d and with the anime characters, so maybe get that.

spronk

FPS noob
picked up luigi's mansion, played it on off while trick or treaters were visiting and got through 2 bosses. Visually its a STUNNING game, I think its the first switch game to implement anti aliasing (could be wrong) and it really shows. Really great rooms and areas, especially with the way lighting is done in the game.

Controls are kinda balls, it feels overly complicated for how little your character is doing.

I was really bored after 2 hours, felt like I was mostly playing vacuuming simulator 2019. Trading back in tomorrow, glad i bought physical since gamestop lets you return (for trade credit) opened games for $59.99 within 48 hours of purchase on some new games now, this included.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
PSA, the Kart/Switch bundle that was offered last year is being offered again, exact same product, including old Switch SKU

spronk

FPS noob
the mario kart 8 switch is NOT hackable, it was patched last year in mfg. you pretty much need a used switch at gamestop/offerup/ebay/etc to hack it. seems kinda pointless to me though, you can't go online with it and there really aren't THAT many first party nintendo games to spend money on.

i guess if you just wanna play pirated indie and offline games and mostly use it as an emulator machine it would be ok, but i'd think a vita would be better. too bad a switch lite isn't hackable, that form factor is perfect for that

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
PSA, the Kart/Switch bundle that was offered last year is being offered again, exact same product, including old Switch SKU

Bought a switch a few weeks back.

Apparently those deals aren't really "Deals" as places like Traget will have cheaper deals foe african american friday.

spronk

FPS noob
those are just the first party games that will be on sale everywhere for black friday, target and other retailers will be adding additional games or going slightly deeper discount on a few games. Target's switch game list is

Best Buy has a similar list, gamestop and walmart haven't released their black friday deals yet but I imagine it'll be similar

They will also probably go on sale on the eShop and also again on cybermonday, digitally

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just cannot get excited for the new Pokemon games for the life of me.

I know theres a huge shitstorm of issues (30 fps and it dips below that sometimes lmao ) and it's basically a glorified 3ds game....but I feel like these games are just way too cluttered with systems.

I liked Gold/Silver the most.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Been sad to see how buggy the new one coming out is and the animations are still shit. I’ve disliked a ton of the new things they keep adding like the alolan forms, this new dynamax thing, mega evolutions, etc. A lot of the new designs have been shit, too, and I hate that there seems to be a ton of Pokémon that just won’t be coming back anytime soon, either, with no national dex anymore. Kind of defeats the purpose of catching ‘em all. Still will give Sword/Shield a try, but I’m doubting that I’ll be getting both versions like I usually do.