Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Apparently when you go on a ladder, the entire world stops (animations) as you go up and down it lol

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah kind of amazing how GameFreak has a license to print money with Pokemon and puts out a half-baked product like this. I was vaguely interested in a HD console pokemon game but if this is the effort they are going to put in...no thanks.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah kind of amazing how GameFreak has a license to print money with Pokemon

Yeah to answer the second part of that that's exactly why they do it. They know it will already sell so why put in extra effort. Low Cost development and reap profits. Doubt they care.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, I hadn’t checked the Pokémon Reddit. It’s so much worse than I thought. Probably going to cancel my pre-order at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I bought it as well to play on the big screen, but it's not looking great so far. Some of the new mons look interesting at least

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah to answer the second part of that that's exactly why they do it. They know it will already sell so why put in extra effort. Low Cost development and reap profits. Doubt they care.

Yeah I understand. Just such a shame because they could have done something special for the first HD release.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So Mario Odyssey has a "2 player co-op" mode, with his hat. Any other games like that? I want to play a game with my son, that isn't Super Smash Bros, because he's annoying AF, and is cheap. Lol! He's 6 years old, and really great at using the controller.

I should mention all the LEGO games are out too, because again, he's annoying AF, doesn't want to follow anything, and do his own thing which annoys me or the wife when we try and play with him because he hardly ever wants to do the objectives.

I'll check Co-Optimus - Your Prime Source for Co-Op Gaming - Home Page for Switch games that might be great to play. He has fun for a little while just watching me play a game, but it's more fun if he's involved.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So Mario Odyssey has a "2 player co-op" mode, with his hat. Any other games like that? I want to play a game with my son, that isn't Super Smash Bros, because he's annoying AF, and is cheap. Lol! He's 6 years old, and really great at using the controller.

I should mention all the LEGO games are out too, because again, he's annoying AF, doesn't want to follow anything, and do his own thing which annoys me or the wife when we try and play with him because he hardly ever wants to do the objectives.

I'll check Co-Optimus - Your Prime Source for Co-Op Gaming - Home Page for Switch games that might be great to play. He has fun for a little while just watching me play a game, but it's more fun if he's involved.

There is nothing we can do for you here. Your son will continue to kick your ass in every game up until he reaches his 60's and you sadly, are dead.

RIP Crone's dominance of video games in the house.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is nothing we can do for you here. Your son will continue to kick your ass in every game up until he reaches his 40's.
Hahaha, he's fucking good at Smash! That's why I want to get into some Co-op games, and then he can carry me to victory!!

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Luigi's Mansion 3 , I haven't played 3 enjoyed Dark Moon immensenly when it released the online co-op was fun, Switch version has a 2 players 1 screen mode for it.. Scaretower and Gooigi

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anyone getting the new Pokemon game today? Reviews are terrible but I'm interested in the online play.

Could be cool to have a FoH Pokemon Tournament in a few weeks?

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Picking it up after work, first time I've ever owned a system a mainline Pokemon game was released on, so going in with my prior experience being drunk Pokemon snap on the N64 and pet battles in WoW.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I’m going later on to either pick this up or cancel my order. Is it as bad as reddit makes it sound? How’s the difficulty? That’s been one of my biggest issues with recent Pokémon games is that they’ve been way too fucking easy unless I do a nuzlocke or something similar. How much is Nintendo’s online sub thing and do you need that just to do trades and such? Does it have anything like Wonder Trade again?

I’m torn because a lot of this game has sounded pretty disappointing but at the same time it’s a damn Pokémon game and it’s hard as fuck for me to resist.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Apparently this is the easiest pokemon game yet. From what I understand you will be overleveled if you fight to many trainers and there is very little postgame.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I’m going later on to either pick this up or cancel my order. Is it as bad as reddit makes it sound? How’s the difficulty? That’s been one of my biggest issues with recent Pokémon games is that they’ve been way too fucking easy unless I do a nuzlocke or something similar. How much is Nintendo’s online sub thing and do you need that just to do trades and such? Does it have anything like Wonder Trade again?

I’m torn because a lot of this game has sounded pretty disappointing but at the same time it’s a damn Pokémon game and it’s hard as fuck for me to resist.

User reviews also peg it at 3.6. Which is very odd for a Nintendo game. Usually the fan boys attack that shit like clockwork. You really have to pull some shenanigans to piss off nintendo owners - and it sounds like they did just that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Have my copy waiting at home. It looks awesome. I've been playing Pokemon for 20 years and I don't give a single fuck about the "controversy" over this one. It looks great.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Have my copy waiting at home. It looks awesome. I've been playing Pokemon for 20 years and I don't give a single fuck about the "controversy" over this one. It looks great.

Awesome hope you like it. I have never followed pokemon in my life. What has everyone all up in arms? Because it's getting some severe Nintendo fan beating right now on Reddit and just about everywhere else.