Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
G2A is basically ebay but for digital keys only. Which means wether or not you get the right stuff is up to the seller, not G2A themselves, you can see the seller on that page has a rating just like ebay. They'll sell you some bullshit protection shield system for an additional fee, but if you don't buy that you're kinda on your own if your key is fucked. And even with that I've read stories that aren't so good.

Generally I'd avoid G2A, but it mostly works alright I guess. I wouldn't trust them with CC information though, iirc you can pay with Paypal or something like that, and that gives you an additional safety measure if you get fucked since Paypal will generally side with you if you open a ticket about it.

spronk

FPS noob
i'd never use any third party key site for nintendo, steam, xbox, PSN, etc. Stuff like cdkeys is marginally safer but g2a and others are basically eBay as pyros said. A LOT of their keys are "bought" by third world hackers using stolen credit cards. Then 2-6 weeks later a chargeback happens. Sony (Steam etc) get hit with a merchant refund by the credit card processor.

Many times they have in turn banned the person who used the key, because its one step away from you buying a game from PSN store and then doing a credit card chargeback a month later. They WILL ban your ass for that quickly.

At this point I have thousands in digital games on every storefront, so I don't cheat or buy from anything but direct source. Still can lose all my games because of fuckery on publishers part, but its a lot less risky if you avoid digital hookers.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I have "Bloodstained" for the Switch, but there are definitely some performance issues. The lack of power the Switch has compared to its competition is very apparent in this game, graphically and performance wise. I'm actually half tempted to buy the game again for my PC, but I do like how the Switch Pro controller handles the game. It's playable, but not nearly as clean and pretty on the Switch as it is on the PC, PS4, or Xbox. It actually doesn't look terribly bad when I use the switch in handheld mode, but when I dock it and play it on my 65 inch C9 television, it's pretty damn ugly.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
i'd never use any third party key site for nintendo, steam, xbox, PSN, etc. Stuff like cdkeys is marginally safer but g2a and others are basically eBay as pyros said. A LOT of their keys are "bought" by third world hackers using stolen credit cards. Then 2-6 weeks later a chargeback happens. Sony (Steam etc) get hit with a merchant refund by the credit card processor.

Many times they have in turn banned the person who used the key, because its one step away from you buying a game from PSN store and then doing a credit card chargeback a month later. They WILL ban your ass for that quickly.

At this point I have thousands in digital games on every storefront, so I don't cheat or buy from anything but direct source. Still can lose all my games because of fuckery on publishers part, but its a lot less risky if you avoid digital hookers.
Steam would just remove the key, no risk there. Other services is more risky yeah because unlike Steam, they don't generate free keys that the publisher/devs sell themselves on 3rd party websites like GMG and Humble, the keys are directly sold so doing a chargeback on them is doing a chargeback on Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo.

Cdkeys is different, they sell keys that they get from different markets with lower prices, but they're a proper reseller. You might rarely run into regional issues but that's not really often(might be more often with console region locks/account region locks stuff though I don't know).

G2A is just a marketplace so you have 0 guarantee about what you're buying. At this point you're better off downloading the games(if on PC), since it's unlikely the devs see any of the money you're spending anyway, so you're just spending money for "nothing".

Rude

Potato del Grande
I've been playing Bloodstained on the switch, they've patched it. I've had one area I went through with a horrible frame drop, but that was it. I've had no problems otherwise. Pretty fun game. Disclaimer : I usually play handheld and my eyes aren't amazing so I can't tell if the "amazing" 1440p 60fps quality exists or not.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Beyond FFXII, are there any decent RPGs? I don't care about chibi settings, but more focused on crafting and not twitch-style game play.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, DQ XI is focused on crafting (one of the best things about the Switch version is that you can use the forge anywhere/anytime, and also that they removed the dumb 5 minute cooldown to try to prevent save scumming) and is purely turn based combat.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Beyond FFXII, are there any decent RPGs? I don't care about chibi settings, but more focused on crafting and not twitch-style game play.
Octopath traveler, Xenoblade, tales of vesperia,

• 1Like

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider

They need to release Xenoblade X for the switch(nothing to do with Xenoblade Chronicles 2).

Also Renaissance Of Fate, they have it for the PS4 and PC but not Switch?

• 1Like

Vorph

Hopefully XCX will be next up for the Switch after the XC1 remaster/remake(?) finally comes out.

Resonance of Fate seems pretty doubtful though. I'm a sucker and would probably buy it a third time since it's one of my favorite JRPGs of all time, but it would be quite a gamble for tri-Ace to port their engine over to the Switch and self-publish the game without Sega's backing.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Yeah I got Bloodstained on PS4 and it does look good but even on it, there are a few specific places that have FPS issues - I figure its the "game" not really the system, so a weaker system may be prone to it more.

It is a fun game however and great if you love Castlevania obviously

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Switch era accounts sound fine. That's what mine is an I had no issue.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got a new login message a few months ago and immediately reset my password and set up 2fa so I am betting it was happening for a while.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if anyone is hanging on to their Wii U, but it looks like the WiiU/3DS wind-down is beginning (at least for some countries):

I recently fired mine up, and this is the library on it:

Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario Bros. U, Paper Mario Color Splash, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker HD, Hyrule Warriors, The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, Yoshi's Woolly World, Super Smash Bros., Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Splatoon, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, Bayonetta 1 & 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Darksiders II, The Wonderful 101, Resident Evil Revelations...a few Wii games, and a dozen Virtual Console games from earlier Nintendo systems.

I have two Switch lites, and they are good devices and great for local multiplayer options they allow. But nearly everything I put on them was already on Wii U. I really don't think Nintendo is bringing enough new to the table nowadays.

Anyway, while I still can, I am going to round out my Wii U collection with Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Ogre Battle 64.

/salute Wii U with your high quality library and without-peer pro controllers

• 1Like

Vorph

No XCX? Blasphemer.

I still have my Wii U hooked up and have been thinking about firing up XCX again to finish off the last few things I never did.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
No XCX? Blasphemer.

I still have my Wii U hooked up and have been thinking about firing up XCX again to finish off the last few things I never did.

I've got that--actually liked the story in it quite a bit.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Not sure if anyone is hanging on to their Wii U, but it looks like the WiiU/3DS wind-down is beginning (at least for some countries):

I recently fired mine up, and this is the library on it:

Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario Bros. U, Paper Mario Color Splash, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker HD, Hyrule Warriors, The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, Yoshi's Woolly World, Super Smash Bros., Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Splatoon, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, Bayonetta 1 & 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Darksiders II, The Wonderful 101, Resident Evil Revelations...a few Wii games, and a dozen Virtual Console games from earlier Nintendo systems.

I have two Switch lites, and they are good devices and great for local multiplayer options they allow. But nearly everything I put on them was already on Wii U. I really don't think Nintendo is bringing enough new to the table nowadays.

Anyway, while I still can, I am going to round out my Wii U collection with Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Ogre Battle 64.

/salute Wii U with your high quality library and without-peer pro controllers

You could say that Nintendo isn't bringing enough to the table, but you'd be completely wrong.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
You could say that Nintendo isn't bringing enough to the table, but you'd be completely wrong.

Theres no denying the sales success. But its two biggest selling titles (and several other titles that didnt makes the Forbes list) are Wii U ports.

• 1Like