Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I bought the Club Games that came out on Friday, and it's very enjoyable. It's especially good for throne visits.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone played Divinity OS 2 on Switch? I own it on PC already of course, but I have never been able to actually finish it. Thinking I might actually get through it on Switch if it's a good port. (It's $35 atm, which is the first decent sale on it ever. The price dropped a couple days ago & ends 6/11 though, so it's not part of the Summer Sale that just began today.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
dragon quest XI S for $42 isn't bad either, its the "most complete" version of the game and exclusive to switch

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Anyone played Divinity OS 2 on Switch? I own it on PC already of course, but I have never been able to actually finish it. Thinking I might actually get through it on Switch if it's a good port. (It's $35 atm, which is the first decent sale on it ever. The price dropped a couple days ago & ends 6/11 though, so it's not part of the Summer Sale that just began today.)
To respond to my own question--ended up buying this despite being a bit skeptical of it as a port. Seems really well done so far actually. Not only does it support cross-save like Witcher 3 (only with Steam in this case) they've also made several free 'dlc' packs that include mods based on some of the most popular PC ones. Only downside is that I'm going to have to start over since my PC savegame is locked to a set of mods that aren't compatible. I probably would have started a fresh game anyway, since I barely remember what happened in the game up to the point I was at. Also, the text is super small if you play in portable mode, but otherwise it doesn't seem like a huge difference compared to TV mode.

Nester

Vyemm Raider

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
so this site is the onion of video games?

I like the article about the mom going to jail for buying a M rated game for a child.

Finally picked up Golf Story for 50% off.
Yes, but also music and other shit. It's pretty good when it's funny.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
13 or so hours into XC1 and it's one of my favorite RPGs of all time already. A bit weeby, a bit tits-popping-out-y, but it's really great. The environment is stunning. I'm so impressed they fit this onto the Wii. The switch remaster is nearly perfect with just some frame slowdowns and some janky old-school animations.

I will say I stopped controlling shulk and instead I'm controlling melia and it's much more enjoyable. I was tired if the thief (from ffxi) gameplay which was directional dancing. Melia plays more like BLM in FFXIV. Still haven't decided on my party but right now trying Melia, Riki, Reyn. I've heard dunban is a better tank later, but so far I don't like him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i'm playing xc1 and it feels like an offline 2007 MMO. Every place i go I get dumped fucking 30 fetch/fedex quests and the combat feels just so weird, i need to watch a video on how to git gud cuz i just feel like a retard running around in circles while i slowly wait for buttons to come off cooldown

really having a hard time getting past everyone having a british accent too, at least mix it up with some cockney

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm playing xc1 and it feels like an offline 2007 MMO. Every place i go I get dumped fucking 30 fetch/fedex quests and the combat feels just so weird, i need to watch a video on how to git gud cuz i just feel like a retard running around in circles while i slowly wait for buttons to come off cooldown

really having a hard time getting past everyone having a british accent too, at least mix it up with some cockney
you can do jap

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

I just skip the sidequests. I grab them all and complete anything along the way I can. I wouldn't go out of my way to complete anything.

Vorph

I will say I stopped controlling shulk and instead I'm controlling melia and it's much more enjoyable. I was tired if the thief (from ffxi) gameplay which was directional dancing. Melia plays more like BLM in FFXIV. Still haven't decided on my party but right now trying Melia, Riki, Reyn. I've heard dunban is a better tank later, but so far I don't like him.
Pretty hard to play the game without Shulk in the party, since he's the only one who can reliably stop visions from happening most of the time. At least until you're so late game that Melia can just obliterate everything, even the superbosses. I tend to control Shulk just because it's annoying to get him to use specific abilities otherwise but that's really only necessary for bosses, maybe some uniques that are at or above your party level. Plus filling the party gauge for chain attacks is much slower when you aren't repeatedly hitting the boss/unique with Shulk's three positional attacks, especially if you let tension drop too.

And yeah, Dunban ends up being a way better tank because of how OP the agility stat is. His ability to hold aggro is better too.

Anyone needing help with the game mechanics, just look up Enel on Youtube (he has all the best info for XCX and XC2 as well). Just be aware that it's pretty hard to watch anything online about XC1 if you aren't past chapter 9, otherwise you run into some pretty major story spoilers. Personally I found the whole thing painfully obvious but I guess if you don't watch cutscenes closely there could be some surprises.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Pretty hard to play the game without Shulk in the party, since he's the only one who can reliably stop visions from happening most of the time. At least until you're so late game that Melia can just obliterate everything, even the superbosses. I tend to control Shulk just because it's annoying to get him to use specific abilities otherwise but that's really only necessary for bosses, maybe some uniques that are at or above your party level. Plus filling the party gauge for chain attacks is much slower when you aren't repeatedly hitting the boss/unique with Shulk's three positional attacks, especially if you let tension drop too.

And yeah, Dunban ends up being a way better tank because of how OP the agility stat is. His ability to hold aggro is better too.

Anyone needing help with the game mechanics, just look up Enel on Youtube (he has all the best info for XCX and XC2 as well). Just be aware that it's pretty hard to watch anything online about XC1 if you aren't past chapter 9, otherwise you run into some pretty major story spoilers. Personally I found the whole thing painfully obvious but I guess if you don't watch cutscenes closely there could be some surprises.
You can just do a chain to cancel visions or warn the person

Not the same of course

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
do you guys generally buy digital codes or physical copies of games? Was thinking of getting a big SD card but for some reason Amazon is sold out of a couple games I want digitally... not sure how that's possible.