a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Screenshot_20201103-194556_Twitter.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
That's going to be a great way to make my kids freak out over an order of toothbrushes.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
That's going to be a great way to make my kids freak out over an order of toothbrushes.
Awww fuck. That didn't even occur to me. We had talked about getting switch lites for the kids... now every time a fucking mario package shows up they're going to guess it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A bright red box with Nintendo branding on it sitting on your porch screams, "STEAL ME" too.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Get the price manageable and this could be a ton of fun. Not that bad if you already have the switch

• 1Like

Crisco

A greasy jar
I got Mario Kart Live. Pretty fun. The augmented levels are better than i thought and really easy to make courses. The range isnt that great, cant have it on my tv and drive around to far places in my house but it works for living room and through kitchen/dining room/breakfast nook.

Wouldnt recommend for carpets and rugs. Works great on wood floor and tile.

I can see where the money went to product the AR and the kart is neat even in free drive to chace the dog around.

Wpuld recommend if you arent broke.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This is about to come out. Never had pre-orders.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
any one have multiple switches (for kids and themselves) and play downloaded games across them? Is the system Nintendo uses easy to use? I'm contemplating getting my 7yo and 5yo Switch Lites for Xmas, and have a couple of games downloaded to the "family" Switch (mine) that they'd want to play (SwSh/etc).

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
any one have multiple switches (for kids and themselves) and play downloaded games across them? Is the system Nintendo uses easy to use? I'm contemplating getting my 7yo and 5yo Switch Lites for Xmas, and have a couple of games downloaded to the "family" Switch (mine) that they'd want to play (SwSh/etc).
I know there was a problem at least a year ago about people not being able to play games from the home switch on their lites because the games were bought from the EShop. The games bought from the EShop are linked to the persons ID who bought them. I don't know if it is still a thing though or not. I know not much help.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

We recently got a second one and Nintendo doesn't make it easy. The primary system can play any of the eshop games on any profile regardless of internet connection. The secondary system can only play eshop titles if connected to the internet and can only play on the profile that is linked to the payment. Additionally if the primary starts playing a game it boots the secondary out. What we have done is made my main profile the general anyone plays account since most games they play have multiple save slots and disconnected the primary system from the network outside of updates to allow primary and secondary to play at the same time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Just learned that a new Hyrule Warriors comes out in like 2 days, which was a pleasant surprise. I like the direction of using the setting and art style for BoTW, which is a nice twist so that while being mostly more of the same (which isn't a bad thing) it has something extra to it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
For the Pokemon SwSh / Let's Go / Home players:

Pokemon Go -> Pokemon Home integration is up. Get a melmetal (Gigantamax) for doing it. It's one way only though (Go - > Home).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
GameStop has B1G1 free on their pre owned games right now, and the prices for them are all a couple dollars cheaper than the new prices which are Black Friday prices. For switch this makes some of the first party game crazy cheap (for them), like Luigi mansion 3 and Links Awakening $40 for both.

• 1Like

Vorph

Does nintendo simply never really discount their 1st party games?
If you're talking just eShop, then yeah. There's occasionally some flukes, like Link's Awakening being $40 right now, and you can find sales on stuff like the Xenoblade and Fire Emblem series from time to time, but for the most part they stick to MSRP for their major IPs. I can't remember having ever seen a sale on any Nintendo DLC either... about to finally just give up and buy the FE3H Expansion Pass at full price because a sale is never going to happen. Only way you're getting a discount on that sort of thing is by finding eShop gift cards on sale.

Other stores can sell digital codes though, and they'll have deals on stuff Nintendo never really discounts (like Mario stuff, BotW, etc.).

Digital is pointless for the Switch anyway though. Carts are superior in every way besides the minor annoyance of having to carry and swap them if you play more than one game at a time. They load faster than a SD card and you don't have to worry about running out of space, they go on sale much more often, you can trade them in if you want, Nintendo's network downloads ungodly slow over wireless and it's still not great even if you get so fed up with it that you buy a USB ethernet adapter for the damn thing.

Crone

If you're talking just eShop, then yeah. There's occasionally some flukes, like Link's Awakening being $40 right now, and you can find sales on stuff like the Xenoblade and Fire Emblem series from time to time, but for the most part they stick to MSRP for their major IPs. I can't remember having ever seen a sale on any Nintendo DLC either... about to finally just give up and buy the FE3H Expansion Pass at full price because a sale is never going to happen. Only way you're getting a discount on that sort of thing is by finding eShop gift cards on sale.

Other stores can sell digital codes though, and they'll have deals on stuff Nintendo never really discounts (like Mario stuff, BotW, etc.).

Digital is pointless for the Switch anyway though. Carts are superior in every way besides the minor annoyance of having to carry and swap them if you play more than one game at a time. They load faster than a SD card and you don't have to worry about running out of space, they go on sale much more often, you can trade them in if you want, Nintendo's network downloads ungodly slow over wireless and it's still not great even if you get so fed up with it that you buy a USB ethernet adapter for the damn thing.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves the carts, versus digital. Although I love physical media for all my consoles, not just the Switch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah im a digital guy on ps5/xb1/pc but i tend to buy switch games on cart. I do own games like Mario kart, smash, Animal Crossing and a few others digitally because I may feel like playing for just a bit and not play again for weeks, but 1-shot games you play and never touch again like Xenoblade, Links Awakening, Luigi's Mansion, etc I buy on cart as they hold resell value extremely well.

There's been great physical sales on switch this week, last night gamestop was running b1g1 on preowned for a few hours and I picked up Links Awakening, Pikmin 3, Luigi's Mansion, and Super Mario 3D All Stars for like $75 total, shipped. As I finish them off i can hand them over to relatives or trade them back into gamestop for probably $30-35/ea.