Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I got Hades on PC. But can not recommend it enough. game of the year for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Meh, Fire Emblem didn't really get going until FE4. Genealogy of the Holy War is the one that could really use an official localization and QoL features on the Switch, along with Thracia 776 and all the GBA ones.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Fire emblem is a game that I really want to like but I always get bored less than a quarter of the way through the game.

joz123

Potato del Grande
FFT or Tactics Ogre are the only strategy games I ever liked. Tried different FE games but I could never get into them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Fire Emblem 3 Houses was my first FE game and i really enjoyed it, it was a mix of Harry Potter, X-Com lite, and JRPG

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I’m going through and playing the Zelda’s in order thanks to big Bobbybick Bobbybick

Is the new Links awakening good?

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
So I’m going through and playing the Zelda’s in order thanks to big Bobbybick Bobbybick

It is a good 2d Zelda game but outside of some quality of life changes like no longer having to manually equip the bracelet and shield to use them it is the same as the Gameboy game. If you never played the Gameboy version well worth a spin otherwise not sure it was worth the full price.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Isle of Armor was kinda meh but I've been pleasantly surprised by Crown Tundra pokemon DLC. Dynamax adventures is a great way to shiny farm.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Isle of Armor was kinda meh but I've been pleasantly surprised by Crown Tundra pokemon DLC. Dynamax adventures is a great way to shiny farm.
I need to get off my ass and complete the rest of Isle and finish my pokedex for the shiny charm.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's like 7 months old, and it wasn't a very good demo. Sounds like they got a lot of feedback on what people didn't like about it though, since the release date was pushed to 2/26/21.

If you want a new demo to try, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity's came out today, and the game itself is still due 11/20. Demo progress carries over to full game too.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That's like 7 months old, and it wasn't a very good demo. Sounds like they got a lot of feedback on what people didn't like about it though, since the release date was pushed to 2/26/21.

If you want a new demo to try, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity's came out today, and the game itself is still due 11/20. Demo progress carries over to full game too.
Well shit, thought they just put out the demo with the release date change.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

It's definitely worth it, but moreso if you have nostalgia for the original. Playing it when you remember / are familiar with the original is a pretty sublime experience. If you're playing LA for the first time you could probably just replace the original with the new version altogether. It won't have the same nostalgia effect obviously, but it's more playable (GB games are a bit rough now).

Re: Fire Emblem: I played FE6 on and it's a great series. If this localization of FE1 means we're getting the rest of the first five, then awesome. I can't wait for the SNES ones in particular. Translations were spotty as I recall which is why I didn't emulate them already.

"Fire Emblem Gaiden" on the NES is the same thing as Fire Emblem 2, right? And it's the same story as that Echoes of Valentia game, yeah?

Also, Angry Video Game News Adventures 1+2 Deluxe came out today on Switch. It's suuuuper good if you like difficult retro platformers. Plays like a classic series Mega Man game. Everything is a steep challenge, but it gives you unlimited lives and tons of checkpoints which keeps the frustration level down. Also has a ton of references to AVGN episodes. Some really funny stuff here, and a bangin soundtrack.