Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

spronk

FPS noob
yeah switches are in stock everywhere including target, walmart, etc it shouldn't be hard getting one.

it doesn't seem like we are getting a new switch model this year, kinda weird to have SMT 5 and BOTW2 shown without running it on new hardware but who knows

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Nintendo is weird and does their own thing. Wouldn't be surprised for a random Switch Pro reveal next month or something.

spronk

FPS noob
mario golf reviewing poorly, kinda surprised. i'm still getting a copy friday, i like mario golf

Fucker

Log Wizard
I got one of these the other day. Slow and a complete waste of time and money.

Which of course means that it is fucking awesome.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, Gamespot reviewer is getting his ass kicked right now because it was very obvious he didn't play it. They had a video up and the review stating a 3 click control system - which it is not. Then they stealth edited the review.

Fake news :p

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I might grab it anyway if Hatorade Hatorade gets it so we can tee off during a drunk gaming weekend :)

I am not going to use motion controls and it's not supposed to be a serious golf simulator. :)

spronk

FPS noob
picked up mario golf yesterday and played a few hours, the career mode is fun but after an hour i felt i was kinda done. It just kept getting more and more complicated and less fun, i just wanna whack a ball not figure out fucking moon landing trajectories. Career mode seems pretty deep, multiple courses and game styles, you play 3, 9, or 18 round courses and have to run from tee to tee and its all timed with powerups and specials.

Family was over and we played a few minutes, you can only do 2 player split screen rush golf but you can play up to 4 players (each with their own switch) but after a bit everyone just wanted to play mario kart.

Traded the game back, felt I got enough and it wasn't really for me. If you have kids they may enjoy it. It did kinda make me wanna go back to learning how to play golf, it felt good getting a nice swing and connect.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Golf was one of the first OG PS games I bought back in the day when I was working in KY and stuck in a apartment for 6 mos. Had all the other dudes come over and play it it was fun as hell. I think they only had like 2 games available when it launched. Golf, and Battle arena Toshinden, I fI remember correct. I used my perdiem money to buy the PS and the games.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shit, it's almost like many of our fondest memories are when we had a bunch of buddies over and played some video games. I respect that Utnayan Utnayan is trying to keep this alive with his drunk gaming nights with us board assholes. Up here in the Pacific Northwest, they have PDX LAN, and it's about 1000 gamers getting together in a huge convention hall that they have wired with tons of power and switches for the internet. It's a badass time!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
OLED switch announced for oct 8th @$349,

all supply on eBay by noon or earlier.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow, that is spectacularly unimpressive. Tiny bit bigger (and better due to OLED, but I'd bet a large sum of money it still is made of plastic that will get scratched to shit just going in and out of the dock) screen, kickstand that's at least somewhat usable now, 64GB of internal storage, and a RJ45 on the dock itself which should have been there day 1 because using wired internet with the Switch makes eShop downloads several times faster (almost like going from 90's DSL to cable circa 2010!). They claim better audio from handheld mode, but I see no mention of Bluetooth still. No 4K output or any upgrades to CPU/GPU. Battery is exactly the same as the refresh model from 2019.

On the bright side, they didn't make any retarded changes to it so accessories like Hori Split Pad Pro will still work fine. Hopefully there's nothing changed about the way their proprietary USB-C interfaces to the dock either, I would hate it if my Genki Covert Dock suddenly stopped working.

I'll still buy one because I never got the 2019 model and the battery life on my OG is getting worse and worse plus its warranty is long since expired, but ... yawn.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob

yeah seems like basically the same thing with 64gb internal (instead of 32), LAN port, OLED screen, and thats about it

tech specs

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
What a joke. Games run like dogshit on current hardware and this is what they put out? OLED is nice I guess but I use my Switch docked 90% of the time.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What a joke. Games run like dogshit on current hardware and this is what they put out? OLED is nice I guess but I use my Switch docked 90% of the time.
I use mine in handheld most often (travel, and just table/couch-playing when someone else is using the TV), but... I want better hardware, not just a better screen. At least this saves me some money, because I'm not buying a new one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's like they set out to disappointment every type of customer at the same time. A 720p OLED... they banking over $100 per unit at this point?