Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
After getting rid of about 30 years of games and systems I was never going to play I am down to just my gameboys (6 of them, GBA SP, 2x DS Lite, DS XL, 3DS 3DS XL) and my Switch. Only ever got BOTW for it, and never played it. Seems like a good time to get back into things.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
After getting rid of about 30 years of games and systems I was never going to play I am down to just my gameboys (6 of them, GBA SP, 2x DS Lite, DS XL, 3DS 3DS XL) and my Switch. Only ever got BOTW for it, and never played it. Seems like a good time to get back into things.

It's got some good stuff that's worth playing. Especially on the indie front.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you got rid of that much, why not get rid of more of those Game Boys? All you "need" at this point is GBA SP, 3DS XL, and Switch. And GBA is in question since it's so easy to emulate the GBA catalogue (either on computer or the Switch).

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So my son has his own Nintendo account and the wife created a Gmail account for him to link it too. Well now he wants to buy some DLC for Smash Bros, but we can't sign him into the Store because the wife forgot all of his information. Nintendo gives you a little hint at the email and we've tried like every single combination. I had no idea that all of the profiles/DLC weren't just under my Email address/Nintendo account.

So it's 2 fold, we have no idea what the Nintendo password is, we have no idea what the Gmail email actually is or password. Like this is a huge Cluster fuck, because now if he uses my profile he loses all his progress that he's made on any game that's under his profile.

It's a clusterfuck but any suggestions to try and sort this out?

Does Nintendo ever send out emails or somehow in the Switch can we get further details about the account? Anything like that at all?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
So my son has his own Nintendo account and the wife created a Gmail account for him to link it too. Well now he wants to buy some DLC for Smash Bros, but we can't sign him into the Store because the wife forgot all of his information. Nintendo gives you a little hint at the email and we've tried like every single combination. I had no idea that all of the profiles/DLC weren't just under my Email address/Nintendo account.

So it's 2 fold, we have no idea what the Nintendo password is, we have no idea what the Gmail email actually is or password. Like this is a huge Cluster fuck, because now if he uses my profile he loses all his progress that he's made on any game that's under his profile.

It's a clusterfuck but any suggestions to try and sort this out?

Does Nintendo ever send out emails or somehow in the Switch can we get further details about the account? Anything like that at all?
You're pretty much hosed unless you can remember the gmail login. If you can dig that up, the rest is probably recoverable since your wife would have entered a phone number at account creation. It's possibly in someone's browser history? Maybe under the account switching menu on a google site? Try the device your wife set it up on.

Failing that, create a new account for the kid and let this be a lesson for everyone in keeping track of your login info.

Crone

You're pretty much hosed unless you can remember the gmail login. If you can dig that up, the rest is probably recoverable since your wife would have entered a phone number at account creation. It's possibly in someone's browser history? Maybe under the account switching menu on a google site? Try the device your wife set it up on.

Failing that, create a new account for the kid and let this be a lesson for everyone in keeping track of your login info.
Fucking women.... wife spent all day yesterday trying to figure this shit out, and I take 2 seconds, type in a password that I think it is and it logs right in. Wife's all like wtf I thought I tried that password!!

eye roll eye roll this is why you have added stress in your life. Holy fuck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking women.... wife spent all day yesterday trying to figure this shit out, and I take 2 seconds, type in a password that I think it is and it logs right in. Wife's all like wtf I thought I tried that password!!

eye roll eye roll this is why you have added stress in your life. Holy fuck.
I had to split off every shared thing my wife and I had because she can’t remember passwords, use a password app, or write them down. Any time a password changed it was guaranteed account locks and frustration because she has no idea what she changed it to, no idea which email account it’s tied too. Sometimes even within the same day. It is ridiculous and I just couldn’t deal with the absurdity of it. Of course if you suggest a god damn app or even writing it down you’re the complete asshole. Fuck.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm locked out of my Amazon Prime account (and getting charged $15 a month for it or w/e it is) because my mom changed the text confirmation phone number to hers a few months ago, after I asked her not to, just so she wouldn't have to call me to get the login code every time she wanted to goi on there. I was going through things a month ago to knock off charges for services I'm not using anymore, and got to that one. Neither of us uses it anymore so I went to cancel it, and...login code goes to a phone number that doesn't exist anymore because she changed phone numbers recently. Amazon customer service was useless, spent like an hour on hold with them only to be told there's nothing they can do to change the confirmation phone number, even though I have the username and password, unless I can give them the exact cost and order number of 3 recent transactions from the past six months. Which I can't access because I can't log in, plus there's a good chance 3 transactions don't even exist in the past six months. Can't they just ask me security questions instead? Nope. So I basically have to go re-activate her old phone/number (which won't cost anything except taking up my time) just to get this thing cancelled.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm locked out of my Amazon Prime account (and getting charged $15 a month for it or w/e it is) because my mom changed the text confirmation phone number to hers a few months ago, after I asked her not to, just so she wouldn't have to call me to get the login code every time she wanted to goi on there. I was going through things a month ago to knock off charges for services I'm not using anymore, and got to that one. Neither of us uses it anymore so I went to cancel it, and...login code goes to a phone number that doesn't exist anymore because she changed phone numbers recently. Amazon customer service was useless, spent like an hour on hold with them only to be told there's nothing they can do to change the confirmation phone number, even though I have the username and password, unless I can give them the exact cost and order number of 3 recent transactions from the past six months. Which I can't access because I can't log in, plus there's a good chance 3 transactions don't even exist in the past six months. Can't they just ask me security questions instead? Nope. So I basically have to go re-activate her old phone/number (which won't cost anything except taking up my time) just to get this thing cancelled.
or just deny the charge they'll stop pretty quickly

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Deny the charge. Could also cancel the card if you have others. I cancel old ones when I sign up for new 0% interest cards.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard

do you not get an email when something gets bought? You should have the order number and cost in it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
do you not get an email when something gets bought? You should have the order number and cost in it.

Good call, but I'm fairly sure I haven't even made 3 purchases in the past 6 months to begin with.

Deny the charge. Could also cancel the card if you have others. I cancel old ones when I sign up for new 0% interest cards.

Like call the bank and tell them not to let Amazon Prime do any further charges?

There's no card. It's just a Prime membership.

I'll give this a whirl though.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Good call, but I'm fairly sure I haven't even made 3 purchases in the past 6 months to begin with.

Like call the bank and tell them not to let Amazon Prime do any further charges?

There's no card. It's just a Prime membership.

I'll give this a whirl though.

"I'm locked out of my Amazon Prime account (and getting charged $15 a month for it or w/e it is) because my mom changed the text confirmation phone number to hers a few months ago, after I asked her not to, just so she wouldn't have to call me to get the login code every time she wanted to goi on there."

Yeah you call the bank - it is being charged to one of your cards down the line somewhere, cancel the charge, amazon will cancel the account and most likely ban it and create a new account.

Next time have your mom handle her own amazon account and / or prime.

spronk

FPS noob
i would only use credit card chargebacks as a final, ultimate last resort since nowadays companies will ban you for life if you chargeback on them. yeah, yeah "i'll never use amazon again" and then they buy Nintendo or something and you are fucked

amazon lets you share prime membership (it was originally 3 family/friends, now i think just 1?) so thats what you should do there - my wife has prime (her company pays for it) and she "shares" it with me and one of our kids for the free twitch prime, twitch game shit, free shipping, prime video, etc. There are limits, like i can't access the ebook lending library shit

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea I am really liking that Fuse/Ultrahand system. I noticed how smooth game game looked too hopefully that translates to the final product.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This whole Amazon odyssey got sorted out, but it was a full-on debacle.

I tried to reactivate my mom's old number at AT&T and they couldn't because "someone new has it now".

So I tried to get whoever has the number on the phone to ask them for the Amazon code (new owner is someone named Daniqua or something) but it says the number has been disconnected. So I guess they didn't pay their bill or something.

So I called Amazon again and they were again unhelpful and wouldn't do anything.

Finally I called the bank and asked them to stop all further Amazon payments. And get this: The woman from the bank told me they couldn't do that, because I "entered a contract with Amazon" and thus it "isn't an erroneous charge".

Yes, I had a woman from the bank argue with me about whether I had any right to block an Amazon subscription. I said what about if they're charging me fraudulently? And she said "but they aren't sir, you entered a contract" and I told her she didn't have to keep repeating herself.

I don't get pissed very often, but I certainly got pissed with this. So she suggested we call Amazon again, and we had a 3-way-call, and Amazon was a lot nicer this time. After trying to get me to jump through the usual hoops and me refusing to jump through them because it wasn't going to work, they just went ahead and cancelled the account for me anyway, then refunded me 12 months of subscription ($180). I only asked for 3 months refund cause that was the time I hadn't been using it anymore. But whatever.

Whole thing was bizarre AF. Since when can the bank not stop payments on something? At least I ended up gettin' paid.

Edit: Corrected "the bank" to "Amazon" a couple times, sorry this was confusing AF before

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
extreme rate came out w/ a mod kit for back buttons for the pro controller, gonna test it out when it comes on friday

i already have the 8bitdo pro2 which comes w/ back buttons, but that means the pro controller has been gathering dust cuz i won't use a controller w/o back buttons no more, so i figured this will be good.

my wife used the 8bitdo pro2 for a while and used it for botw, but recently we got the ff music game, final bar line, and she couldn't play w/ the controller b/c there was too much lag (i have the hori ergonomic ones attached to the switch)

and she'll just be able to choose either controller for the next zelda (she actually hates the pro controller, too big for her hands, but if it's not as laggy as 8bitdo, then we'll throw them out, heh)

Vorph

extreme rate came out w/ a mod kit for back buttons for the pro controller, gonna test it out when it comes on friday
I like eXtremeRate's PS5 stuff but really not a fan of that kit for the Switch Pro. Installation looks like a mess at the end with those flex cables even if you skip the soldering part and the button module looks too thick to be comfortable to use properly. Curious what you think once you get it installed but to me the whole thing looks way more awkward to use than the RISE4 kit for DualSense.

IMO the best Switch controller by far is still the PowerA Fusion Pro. The one and only drawback to it is lack of rumble, but personally I don't care about that at all (a handful of games use it in ways that make not having it a problem though, sadly).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I like eXtremeRate's PS5 stuff but really not a fan of that kit for the Switch Pro. Installation looks like a mess at the end with those flex cables even if you skip the soldering part and the button module looks too thick to be comfortable to use properly. Curious what you think once you get it installed but to me the whole thing looks way more awkward to use than the RISE4 kit for DualSense.

IMO the best Switch controller by far is still the PowerA Fusion Pro. The one and only drawback to it is lack of rumble, but personally I don't care about that at all (a handful of games use it in ways that make not having it a problem though, sadly).
yea, the thin wires does look jank, i've done 2 ps5 mods and on both i've foregone the thin wiress b/c it's just to remap the touchpad, and i really see no reason or need to, also it's half the time to mod if you skip doing it.

i will be doing the full solder mod for the pro controller b/c those wires are for r3/l3 and thats really the only reason i want the back buttons anyway.

amazon will probably be sold out today, i bought it yesterday when it was 33 in stock now it shows 7

and yea the slap on transparent backplate looks superjank, it's a fucking bra, ha, if i didn't have immense success w/ ps5 mods i never would have even have given this a second thought (i don't even play the switch, i'm just getting it just in case my wife doesn't like using the 8bitdo anymore, but she is also a fan of back buttons)

Last edited: