Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1687365866112.png

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My daughter has been making me play New Super Mario Bros with her, and it's incredibly frustrating due to how sloppy/laggy the controls are. This had better be tighter.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My daughter has been making me play New Super Mario Bros with her, and it's incredibly frustrating due to how sloppy/laggy the controls are. This had better be tighter.
That's Mario though. The original games were sloppy as fuck. They actually had to add simulated latency into Super Mario All-Stars to make it play like it should.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That's Mario though. The original games were sloppy as fuck. They actually had to add simulated latency into Super Mario All-Stars to make it play like it should.

Yeah it's a physics acceleration thing. Reminds me of Jedi Fallen Order, that game felt sloppy and sluggish too.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Any mario in the last 30 years has been crisp enough; I've played all of them. NSB is a significant outlier. I think it's part of the design in order to make multiplayer "hilariously chaotic", but I didn't enjoy it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The new ones I’ve played aren’t like that at all. Odyssey, 3D world, etc.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Any mario in the last 30 years has been crisp enough; I've played all of them. NSB is a significant outlier. I think it's part of the design in order to make multiplayer "hilariously chaotic", but I didn't enjoy it.
What was the best side-scrolling Mario game in the 3D era?

I haven't played any of them except briefly playing NSMB Wii when it first came out, before I forgot my Wii existed like a week after I bought it.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user