Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There were four games of the "New" SMB series 2-D type apparently:

(2006) New Super Mario Bros (DS)
(2009) New Super Mario Bros Wii (Wii)
(2012) New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
(2012) New Super Mario Bros U (Wii-U)
Which one was best? Tthat was my question.

spronk

FPS noob
4f60t460xk7b1.png

i assume 90% dino poop

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just replayed this a couple weeks back and kind of torn. This looks like a straight copy with better graphics which is great, but it's not a very long game at all (realizing after however many hours I spent playing it in my childhood). I hope they do add more to it, assuming the price tag is going to be same as Links Awakening at $60

Siliconemelons

Just replayed this a couple weeks back and kind of torn. This looks like a straight copy with better graphics which is great, but it's not a very long game at all (realizing after however many hours I spent playing it in my childhood). I hope they do add more to it, assuming the price tag is going to be same as Links Awakening at $60

When it first came out I had to share the SNES w/ my older bro... So I mostly watched. He got OCD obsessed with the stupid tadpole music part and was there for months, so I really do not have much of a soft spot for the game other than its visuals and what they were able to do on the SNES and the good UI for a RPG at the time that was not a FF4/6 UI rehash. I remember the link Easter egg and the FinalFantasy-type crystal boss guy- beyond that, not much.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It is $60

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
As much as I love the game, each 'zone' is like 2-4 screens. Sure they probably redid the art but god damn, not worth $60. Original doesn't look bad at all if there is nothing new in it.
Welcome to Nintendo. They sell all kinds of short/easy shit for $60. The recent Kirby game comes to mind…looking at videos, fully 100%ing the game took about as long as super Mario rpg.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What was the best side-scrolling Mario game in the 3D era?

I haven't played any of them except briefly playing NSMB Wii when it first came out, before I forgot my Wii existed like a week after I bought it.

If I remember correctly the NSMB series includes:
1. NSMB (DS)
2. NSMB Wii (...Wii)
3. NSMB2 (3DS)
4. NSMB U (Wii U)
5. New Super Luigi Bros U (Wii U)

Personally I liked the last one the most. It's basically a second quest to NSMB U with entirely new levels and Luigi as the MC. It's considerably harder than the others and designed to be a challenge (Read: It's basically Normal difficulty as the rest are easy).

You can get #4 and #5 as a duo on Switch now which is probably all the NSMB anyone would want. NSMB U was my second-favorite.

NSMB2 was pretty darn good in its own right, though the 3DS kind of sucks as a controller. Wish it had a console port.

I wasn't a fan of the first one or the Wii one, they both felt really loose and janky compared to the tight controls of the old ones.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
4f60t460xk7b1.png

i assume 90% dino poop

Nobody has time for all of that dino poop and no one has money for all of it unless they also don't have time for it.

Is Front Mission 2 anywhere in that mess? Was planning to play it this past month but it got delayed and I haven't heard anything else.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is Front Mission 2 anywhere in that mess? Was planning to play it this past month but it got delayed and I haven't heard anything else.
No, but it'd be in the Later 2023 section.

They just released another trailer yesterday that still has no official release date in it.