Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Keep an eye out for some of the indie games, too. Occasionally they have some sales that drop halfway decent indies down to like 2 bucks. Goblin Sword, Dungeons of Dreadrock, and Golf Story for example.

You can also pick up some of the old school game collections that aren't included in Nintendo Switch Online when they go on sale - like Contra, Mega Man, and Castlevania.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Got Metroid Dread for 39.99 yesterday on the Amazon sale. Such a good game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

It tries so hard not to be Metroid but also trying so hard to be Metroid you can tell it’s made by people devoid of understanding what makes Metroid so good, while counterpoint is Prime is an example of people understanding Metroid and making it so not Metroid as a fps but at the same time very very much Metroid

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Metroid Dread was ok. I really enjoyed the non-EMMI fights. But it felt oddly linear. Which all metroidvanias are to some extent. This one just felt really on the nose. That said it is a beautiful game and I don’t regret my playthrough. Final boss is nowhere near as hard as people say.

Siliconemelons

i think if they just made the robots killable and bosses and not what they are it would have been a fine normal entry that can ride along with fusion and other m

the horror / terror of Metroid has never been the type of horror they attempted to force into it with the robot things, it is missing the entire point of the element they attempted to enhance and poorly thought to make a main thing

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
lol the butthurt over EMMIs is so weird. I've seen it all over the place too. So what if you get a little bit of tension now and then?

Caeden

lol the butthurt over EMMIs is so weird. I've seen it all over the place too. So what if you get a little bit of tension now and then?
My only frustration was the timing was too tricky on countering. Once you got them down it was more annoying than hard at times. Loved the boss fights.

Siliconemelons

My only frustration was the timing was too tricky on countering. Once you got them down it was more annoying than hard at times. Loved the boss fights.

it is the execution of the thing and basing the “entire” game on it.

Also it took them forever to get this thing out and yes it looks good, etc. but it’s not THAT good.

Talos

Probably better to sell it then. It's unopened, and I don't have a strong desire to play any Nintendo games.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The games that you don’t even want to play are too expensive? Yeah, just sell it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
mario wonder is out this friday (along with spider-man 2 for ps5) but ROMs have leaked for a few days, i played around a bit and got it running. Its only 3.5 gig, kinda neat.

There is a patch to play with yuzu, officially yuzu won't implement support until the game releases but you can try the patch here with latest (3292) yuzu

I'm using ryujinx instead, works fine with the latest version. I'm only getting 30 fps but its default settings so probably something I have to turn on or off. Need patches for the game itself in the game anyways to get fully optimized, and honestly not much interest personally in playing another mario 2D game.

People already running it on steam deck

spronk

FPS noob
wow 94/100 on MC way higher than i expected

got it running rock solid at 60 fps on a 3080ti, barely any CPU being used so not really pushing ryujinx at all (i had ryujinx locked to 30 fps for TOTK months ago in nvidia control panel, removing that let it run uncapped). Really fun game i guess, lotsa cool new mechanics but it is still a 2d mario game

weird thing where flowers talk in english a lot, kinda annoying