Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Wtf Zelda available for wii u are they fucking on crack?

What's the point then?
The Wii-U is easily hackable and like the 3DS you can download games straight from Nintendo servers after installing an app and play it legit.

Takes maybe twenty minutes in a walk through to hack it also ....

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
So many bad decisions.

It makes me want to focus on what the games are going to be like, but then Mario Odyssey weirded me out. It gives me a strong Sonic Adventure vibe. The cartoony character in a real(ish) world setting, the odd minigame integration (skip rope), I even get the impression the city might be the hub that branches off into the more fantastical and game-y levels. FFS, even the title is basically a ripoff of Sonic Adventure. Why would they think Mario needs to interact with "real" humans?

The hat seems like a worthwhile gimmick, and the stuff that did look Mario-y (like the dessert level) looked fun. I just hope the Sonic Adventure parallels are skin-deep.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
So many bad decisions.

It makes me want to focus on what the games are going to be like, but then Mario Odyssey weirded me out. It gives me a strong Sonic Adventure vibe. The cartoony character in a real(ish) world setting, the odd minigame integration (skip rope), I even get the impression the city might be the hub that branches off into the more fantastical and game-y levels. FFS, even the title is basically a ripoff of Sonic Adventure. Why would they think Mario needs to interact with "real" humans?

The hat seems like a worthwhile gimmick, and the stuff that did look Mario-y (like the dessert level) looked fun. I just hope the Sonic Adventure parallels are skin-deep.

Hell, I just want a good 3D sonic game. If I get that with Mario, I'd accept it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
managed to sneak in a pre order at work this morning from Amazon. Not sure if i'll keep it or not still, definitely hold on to it till I know if a resale will be worth it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If this has a good pokemon game i could get it for my gf /next/ year after the price has dropped.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Got a preorder for Switch and BotW just to lock it in at GameStop. They are giving solid trade in until the 22nd or 23rd I think. Pro members get an additional $75 trade-in credit. I think someone mentioned the deal earlier. I'm still hoping for some better news in terms of titles in the next couple of weeks.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So really the only thing that is breaking this for me is the complete drought of games and the absolute absurd cost of the peripherals.

The power of the console doesn't bother me at all, it's going to be worse than xbone graphics wise but it will also be the best handheld graphics wise too. And I care exactly zero if it gets any third party support, since I can play that on other consoles. There is just zero justification for pricing a controller at $70 for the pro and effectively $110 for the joycon+grip. And only having one game worth a shit at release, with only a couple more by the end of the year

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I was looking through my WiiU games and if you take the Gamestop trade in deal, you stand to lose quite a bit for the unseen future or at best Fall/Winter.

MarioMaker
Smash
MarioKart (Until Fall/Winter)
Any type of Mario game (Until Fall/Winter)
Twilight Princess HD
NintendoLand (This is actually a big deal for our family)
Splatoon (Until Fall/Winter)
MarioParty
Windwaker HD

The more I think about it, the more frustrating it becomes for me. There's not even a game to replace any of these at launch so I guess i'm hoping Zelda and Just Dance pretty well hold us over for 8 months. I just would like to know their justification for this decision?

With the NES class release, I thought for sure we would see some retro stuff but we're actually further away from returning to what makes Nintendo than were before.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, it was overall a bad conference. The price, the pay for online, etc are bad. Hopefully they change their minds on a few of those things. At least with the online I hope they get a proper online system going.

I have one pre-ordered, but don't know quite yet if I'll pull the full trigger. There are games I want like Zelda, Mario Odyssey, ARMS, Xenoblade 2, Splatoon 2, and a few third party games that will be available physically on Switch that aren't on other systems (i'm a collector). But yeah, they need to do a better job of conveying this thing's value. Allegedly there will be Nintendo Directs over the next few weeks to clarify some things.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The power of the console doesn't bother me at all

How is this not bothering you? People saying Zelda plays better on Wii U is a major issue.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Where have you heard that? It would be the cherry on this shit sundae if that's true.

I think the guys at Gamespot and IGN said they felt the Wii u version they played earlier this year seemed to run a little better. I don't have a link, read it on neogaf but not sure how accurate/credible they are either.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Give me a version without the touchscreen, build it into a permanent dock, and drop the price 75$ and I'd buy one, the portability of it doesn't interest me at all.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
This console could have been nice but the price for the outdated hardware and the outlandish prices for the controllers plus the meager battery life just makes me sad. The only handheld I ever owned was a OG gameboy and I was thinking about an Switch because whatever but nintendo really killed my boner on this whole thing.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
That video is hilarious. If they actually ship the Switch version in worse shape than the U version that would be ridiculous, but after everything else involved with this system it wouldn't surprise me.

Give me a version without the touchscreen, build it into a permanent dock, and drop the price 75$ and I'd buy one, the portability of it doesn't interest me at all.

This is what they should have done in the first place. The technology just isn't good enough to do what they are wanting and so we have this half baked system. Most console gamers couldn't give two fucks about portability, and most handheld gamers don't care about tv play. All Nintendo did was force a compromise on both groups for nearly zero benefit.

I mean if all you care about is using it on the go, it's way too big and has a horrible battery life. If all you care about is a home system you are getting fleeced for a screen you'll never use and lower powered hardware because of it. There are always going to be people who fit the exact niche this device seems to fill, but by and large it doesn't fit the needs/wants of the majority of people.

The single redeeming factor, from what I can tell, is this supposedly will unify their games lineup, but that could have just as easily been done by making two devices, one portable and one stationary, that use similar hardware.

I predict fanboy frenzy and typical Nintendo inventory manipulation to get this thing hyped out of the gate followed by the reality that this thing is another bomb. It will probably sell better than the U just because they are forcing two hardware lines into one, but past that I see another disaster unless they drop the price reletively quickly.