Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm actually getting really excited to get my Switch in a few weeks. I'm glad I preordered one, regardless of whether or not they'll be available at release without it. I've never really been into mobile gaming, but I think this system could sway me.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've been on the damn email notification list at Amazon for awhile now, everyone and their mom must be signed up.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I've been on the damn email notification list at Amazon for awhile now, everyone and their mom must be signed up.
That doesn't really work. It has to be in stock for like an hour before they send a notification or something stupid like that

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Definitely not in any hurry. Zelda I can play on my Wii U and there is nothing else to get excited about until Winter for Mario.

I still think this system is going to fall on it's ass.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don't have a Wii U :( and even used ones are almost as much as a Switch. If I'm going to spend that kind of money I might as well get a Switch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
^^ In your case yes. With me, I have had a Wii U collecting dust for over 4 years. I'll finally get some use out of it :)

Edit: Watched that video. Seriously. Stereo or Mono? No Dolby 5.1 again?

spronk

FPS noob
if you get a wii u now you can jailbreak it (I made a thread about it) and install all games 100% free from nintendo servers. i don't much like playing wii u games tbh, the whole system feels slow and awkward compared to ps4/xbone but its pretty cool just fucking around with the jailbreak stuff. Very easy to do, there's another thread up on it.

and yeah use the nowinstock.net tracker to find out when a switch comes back in stock on amazon/gamestop, you will never get an email but that website can send a text or email to alert you. It WILL go back in stock on amazon before release, a lot of people are cancelling their pre orders (not a lot in % of total orders, probably less than 5%) but that should add up to a few hundred units at least. People will also get their credit cards failing etc. They usually start shipping 2-3 days before release so that might be a good time to stay on top of it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Definitely not in any hurry. Zelda I can play on my Wii U and there is nothing else to get excited about until Winter for Mario.

I still think this system is going to fall on it's ass.
I think it depends on the decisions and updates Nintendo makes in the first six months.

But yeah it is Nintendo, so I'm sure the decisions will be retarded

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
^^ In your case yes. With me, I have had a Wii U collecting dust for over 4 years. I'll finally get some use out of it :)

Edit: Watched that video. Seriously. Stereo or Mono? No Dolby 5.1 again?
I'm going to assume it has surround when it's plugged into the base with HDMI. Right? Right?!

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
After some digging on the spec sheet, I saw "5.1 surround" but it doesn't specify a license (Dolby or DTS) so it could mean virtual simulated surround. (I wouldn't put it past these bozos for trying that)

Edit: Looks like Linear PCM 5.1

Wow. I am all ears on how they plan to have uncompressed Linear PCM Lossless 5.1 on a cartridge.

Meaning: They aren't. Welcome to Stereo boys and girls! Wave of the future.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I would say locations are beginning to receive their demo Switch or maybe certain media events are starting to see them drop. It's 2 weeks away so that's really not all that far out.

Looks good. I like how "snappy" it seems to be and everything appears to click and respond well. Honestly, i'm looking forward to the Switch as I travel quite a bit the next two months and it will be nice to play my console games on the go.

Sure I wish the launch line up was better but honestly, i'll be devoting most of my time to Zelda and the family will play 1-2 Switch and/or Just Dance quite a bit. Splatoon 2 is the biggie for my kids. Nintendo needs to make a few improvements from Splatoon to really hit a homerun. Splatoon could be our kids GoldenEye if Nintendo will stop and think for a moment.