Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

spronk

FPS noob
hopefully they manage it better than the NES classic, nintendo is apparently shutting down manufacturing of it and stores will be getting the last shipments in may.

Switch specs and stuff leaked out from dev kits I guess, nothing really spectacularly new or crazy. There will be a web applet games can use to display info, so presumably that'll work for hotspots. no browser though. lock screen. It is an IPS screen.
Leaked In-development UI mockups • /r/NintendoSwitch

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Why are they stopping production on the NES Classic? I know people that want one.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Why are they stopping production on the NES Classic? I know people that want one.
Fucking seriously. I gave up on the idea of getting one before the holidays, but I just figured I could be patient and pick one up after the initial hoopla died down. If I'm not going to be able to find one anyway because Nintendo's too stupid to provide a product they already created a great demand for, then fuck them.

spronk

FPS noob
its just a rumor not confirmed by nintendo but they rarely talk about this kind of shit anyways. could be to keep attention on switch, which should eventually have virtual rom support. also the nes classic was jail broken to be able to load up any NES/SNES rom, so they may not have been super happy about that

Siliconemelons

LOL Nintendo gets butthurt over the most stupid things.

STOP TEH NES CLASSICZ NOW - someone hacked it and exposed that we really are just using roms from the internet, same damn file extension - we didn't even bother to make a proprietary version of it! People are doing a bunch of crap to it so it can play more games! oh noes... all those people!

So they stop selling it, because....why?

To stop the hacks? the people that would hack this will move to a CHEAPER Raspberry Pi and carry on with life.

The people that just want one, are now up a creek - WTF Nintendo, alienate more fan bros GG

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I'll wait and see before complaining about it. Nintendo's DLC has been pretty good up to this point, outside of the few Amiibo's that had some form of game content included (no not cosmetics).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It's horrible timing. Makes you feel like you're not getting your moneys worth. No reason why the game couldn't soak for 6-8 months and then bring this out. To announce DLC prior to the game even hitting the shelves makes me feel like I'm not getting what I paid for...

I'll admit Nintendo has typically done well on the pricing and delivery on their DLC (what little they've done) but this is just stupid in my opinion.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Eh, the game has been delayed twice already. It's done and gone gold weeks ago. Better to announce it now as available to buy at launch, when everyone will be playing it and will throw down the $20.

They aren't holding back content here, details are vague because nothing has been developed yet - it's still ~4 and ~9 months out. Pretty much every AAA title has worked the same way, even the gold standard Witcher 3. People are just surprised because it's Nintendo/Zelda.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Nintendo exec : "We are finally ready for the online age! We know what you want! Voice chat via a phone app, and Season Passes!"

Really, these dumbasses should really talk about the Switch Virtual Console instead of announcing DLCs.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Nintendo exec : "We are finally ready for the online age! We know what you want! Voice chat via a phone app, and Season Passes!"

Really, these dumbasses should really talk about the Switch Virtual Console instead of announcing DLCs.

Seriously; less then three weeks until their shiny new console comes out and we know nothing about VC or the paid online shit. What the fuck Nintendo?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah but you can buy Link a shirt w/ a Nintendo logo on it, so they're good.

That seems more like something you'd see in the Mario game, rather than Zelda.

Malkav

French Madman
And on the other hand, their lineup is so starved for games that they are announcing with fanfare every indy/mobile game port under the sun (World of Goo? Who fucking cares?).

It's not like, I don't know, an enormous back catalog of cult classics on VC would address that issue, noooooo!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
25 off 100 visa checkout active again at Best Buy, makes the accessories a bit more palatable price wise

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Says Zelda and Just Dance. Could always return Just Dance to Walmart for full price.