Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I think someone will release a charging dock similar to the Wii U gamepad charger that will make the standard dock obsolete. It's just stupid that you have rely on third parties or additional accessories to make the Switch a complete experience.

And, yeah, if it takes prying the joycons apart and attaching a wire to fix it you can go ahead and forget it being fixed with a software patch. Stealth revision incoming.

Seriously though, at some point you would think they are going to want to release just the tablet hardware as its own item for replacements when people inevitably break them.

Over/under at $225 (no accessories at all, just the tablet portion)?

The system should have come with the joycons permanently attached, and a pro-like controller included for playing on the TV. So many compromises were made in order to squeeze in these gimmicks and it's the source of many of it's problems.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I feel like I need to buy one now to provide authorative anecdotal facts to everyone

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Seriously though, at some point you would think they are going to want to release just the tablet hardware as its own item for replacements when people inevitably break them.

Over/under at $225 (no accessories at all, just the tablet portion)?

All your game saves would be gone. Lulz.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
All your game saves would be gone. Lulz.
This is Nintendo we are talking about here. They will come out with some half assed transfer cable or something equally as stupid instead of allowing backups or cloud saves

• 1Like

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
ive still had 0 fucking joycon problems and about 20 hours into Zelda. Wtf do you have to do for them to disconnect play in another room?

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
ive still had 0 fucking joycon problems and about 20 hours into Zelda. Wtf do you have to do for them to disconnect play in another room?

Grats dude! You are one of the unaffected!

How far away are you from the Dock again when playing? I think you mentioned it, but I forgot.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
anywhere between 8 to 12 feet depending on where im a playing

Nice. Then you are unaffected. A grats is in order.

You should also go play the Powerball quick while you are at it. :)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
anywhere between 8 to 12 feet depending on where im a playing

Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm at about 13 feet where I sit and haven't had an issue, though I've probably only spent about 2 hours in TV mode. Will get a lot more use in tv mode when MK8 comes out for it.

The joycon issue seems to be the only "real" hardware issue in the sense that it seems to be much more widespread than you would see if it were a random failure. The rest seem to be your normal hardware failures and a bunch of cases of bad decisions made by Nintendo.

• 1Like

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I should probably test mine soon. Hopefully if it's a widespread issue Nintendo will offer replacements.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I would have to believe it is. Not sure how it isn't effecting some. Maybe they had already starting revising the joypad?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I guess I'm one of the few as well. I've been sitting on my couch playing Zelda in tv mode every evening with no issues. I'm anywhere from 8-10 feet away.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So seems my left Joycon has the issue. Happens when I sit by my coffee table that has glass on it. Tried it from 20 feet back as well and it acted up a bit.

Hopefully Nintendo does a replacement thing eventually.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So seems my left Joycon has the issue. Happens when I sit by my coffee table that has glass on it. Tried it from 20 feet back as well and it acted up a bit.

Hopefully Nintendo does a replacement thing eventually.

Somebody needs to alert Nintendo and place "coffee table with glass" under aquarium.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users