Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Nintendo has obviously seen where their security vulnerabilities lie, which explains no VC and no save game transfers for now. They're scared to death of the Switch getting hacked.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
That would be futile for the most part. All games that are controllable via controller use an Xbox controller as a guide. Nintendo has the B And A and X and Y buttons reversed. Something else that has always pissed me off :) when playing Zelda and it says press B, and my muscle memory for the last 14 years dictates it's the right side button. Nope. It's the bottom one now. Ugh.

Nintendo has had the same 4-button layout since the SNES though, nearly 27 years now.

It does take a few minutes of getting used to when switching between Nintendo and Sony systems in the same day though.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Oh, yeah I know which one was first. But... considering Sony and Microsoft has pretty much become the standard now as far as control layout and sell tens of millions of more systems, Nintendo should make the switch. (No pun intended!)

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
The Switch pro controller is definitely overpriced. But the battery life on that thing is no joke. I get 5-6 hours max on my PS4 dual shock controller. And that's being generous. The Switch controller last 40 hours. I played all weekend without charging it. The battery in the dual shock is 1000mah and the one in the Switch is 1300mah. How do you explain the difference? 300mah doesn't make that big a difference...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The DS4 has that stupid light on it though it doesn't fully explain why the battery life is so shit on it. I can turn off the light totally when I use it on my PC and the battery life is still shit.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out next month, Splatoon 2 comes out this summer. Tell me, what great exclusive games did PS4 and Xbox1 launch with? I must have missed it. Now, fuck you and your mother.

It doesn't matter what games shipped with the PS4 or Xbone. They didn't ship halfway into a console cycle against multiple systems that already have extensive libraries. The PS4 shipped more great games in the last quarter than your Switch will probably ever see. Also, Splatoon and Mario Kart were on the Wii U, they didn't help sales that much so good luck with that.

"30 million right out of the gate"

Lol. More like "lucky to reach 30 million in its lifetime"

If you still want to fuck my mother you can dig her up, but dicks in the ass are your thing so I'll pass. Short of that you can sharpen the end of a broomstick and jump up and down on it until it comes out your mouth.

Enjoy your shitty gimped tablet, douchebag.

• 5Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just got mine this morning. The Target I went to gave out tickets for the ones they got overnight at 7AM, then between 8 and 8:15 if you brought your ticket in you got one. Any remaining went to public at 8:15. I learned about this yesterday morning after someone here mentioned target saving some. Sadly they had no games in stock, and the eshop is refusing to dl for me. I was sick as a dog today (cold been brewing a few days) so I didn't get out to stores to get games. Will try that tomorrow. The only 2 I want right now are Zelda and I Am Setsuna.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
It doesn't matter what games shipped with the PS4 or Xbone. They didn't ship halfway into a console cycle against multiple systems that already have extensive libraries. The PS4 shipped more great games in the last quarter than your Switch will probably ever see. Also, Splatoon and Mario Kart were on the Wii U, they didn't help sales that much so good luck with that.

If you still want to fuck my mother you can dig her up, but dicks in the ass are your thing so I'll pass. Short of that you can sharpen the end of a broomstick and jump up and down on it until it comes out your mouth.

PS4 released end of 2013. Got a few really good/GREAT exclusives in the past ~3 months, before that it was only Uncharted and Bloodborne for ~3 years and some super mediocre shit. But all the other multi platform games + blu ray sold it.

Nintendo doesn't need to sell as many consoles to make money as PS or Xbox does, so PS has to have lots of games and support post console sale. Nintendo clearly has and have had a different strategy, but they do seem intent on fucking themselves with some decisions.

I think you are underestimating the Switch however, but only time will tell.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Saw that the metroidvania Bloodstain is coming out for the Switch along with Hollow Knight and Stardew Valley. With Shovel Knight already out, Isaac out in a week or so and Yooka Laylee out next month the handheld mode might be getting a lot more use by me during travel time than I thought. Overall still kind of regret getting it at launch but kids are happy and I got a few hours of a relatively quiet house this last weekend so eh.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Fuck it, might as well review it.

So I'm a Nintendo fan, but I think most people here know that. In my mind, Nintendo is kind of like the yin to the rest of the industries yang. I feel like while Nintendo makes more bright, colorful games, the rest of the industry makes the games aimed at mature audiences. That's not to say that other companies don't make "everyone" oriented games, but I feel like Nintendo kind of sits exclusively in that realm. So usually I buy a PC, and whatever Nintendo console or handheld is out at the time. I also sometimes buy a Playstation (Will prolly get a 4 at the end of the year) when there are enough exclusives. I wrote this so you guys kind of know where I'm coming from.

I feel like the Switch is probably the most sleek system they've made since the DS Lite/Wii. It just looks really nice weather in console mode or handheld mode. I play in console mode at home, then when I go with my friend to hang out at the local card shop I play it in portable mode. It is a bit wide, but it feels pretty sturdy. Also, the right analog stick is a little weirdly placed. I got around this by just using the middle of my thumb for quick camera movements. The left joy-con throws me off sometimes due to the buttons being a bit low, but I've gotten used to it. I prefer playing with both joy-cons in the grip, though. I've not had a chance to play with them as a single controller for real play, but I'd more consider them more of a joystick rather than a full controller on their own. I will say that if you have large hands, you'll probably want a pro controller. I have medium hands, so I'm fine with the grip.

Pros:

1. Nice screen.

2. There are so many controller configurations that you're bound to find one you like. If not, then there's the pro controller.

3. OS is snappy as hell. HUGE, MASSIVE improvement over their last systems.

4. Charges really fast.

Cons

1. Screen apparently isn't glass and can be scratched by the dock, which is a strange oversight. You'll want a screen protector before even messing with the thing.

2. Joy-cons won't be very good for people with big hands. Here's hoping to an XL version of the joy-cons in the future.

3. Battery life isn't stellar, but passable. At least with Zelda anyway. Battery technology is basically blue balling the entire mobile industry, and I'm willing to bet that the Switch is suffering from this.

4. Not that portable. Well, kind of portable. You can put the screen in one pocket and the joycons in the other... But I'd suggest a carrying case.

As for the system's "power." I think it's a fine trade off. Nintendo hasn't been in that game for a few generations now. So sacking power to get you portability is a fair trade off in my eyes. Its a far better tade than Wii or Wii U offered. Even still, considering how small the housing for the hardware actually is, it's a pretty impressive little system.

HOWEVER.

It's overpriced right now. If you want one, I'd wait until all of the kinks are worked out and they offer a bundle game or two. I think the system would be a great deal if it came with a game (1,2 Switch) and was $249. $300 is asking a lot for something that doesn't come with a game. Especially with two other systems out there that are more powerful with better libraries.

That said, I think the Switch and it's family (because lets be honest, there will be other versions of this thing) will have a fairly bright future, especially when it hits the right price. Especially once they sunset the 3DS and all developers at Nintendo are working on it. So while it isn't quite worth it right now, I do think it will be eventually. Probably towards the end of the year.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The Switch pro controller is definitely overpriced. But the battery life on that thing is no joke. I get 5-6 hours max on my PS4 dual shock controller. And that's being generous. The Switch controller last 40 hours. I played all weekend without charging it. The battery in the dual shock is 1000mah and the one in the Switch is 1300mah. How do you explain the difference? 300mah doesn't make that big a difference...

The PS4 controllers signal goes through your hand?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

Well, aside from the light (which was a stupid thing to add) it also has active audio coming from the controller and an audio jack. Pro controller has none of these. Thing is, by poor design but don't quote me on this one, the audio in the DS4 remains active even when disabled in a game\system so it is constantly fed a low amount of power continually. So it's not only powering the audio chip itself, but the small speaker. Along with the light which you cannot turn off but only dim.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

I'm sorry you feel the need to justify your existence by coming here every day to bash a system you don't even own, nor have any interest in buying. Pretty sad. Maybe if your mom were still alive the fact that Nintendo made another system wouldn't hurt your vagina so much?

• 2SJW
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
After watching part of that video.... did they really make a tablet that will have children as a large portion of its userbase without Gorilla Glass 4 or 5? No wonder the dock is scratching it.

• 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
The first thing I did when I got my Switch was installing the screen protector. I paid 12$(Canada) and it was super easy to install no bubble or dust.