Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I'm sorry you feel the need to justify your existence by coming here every day to bash a system you don't even own, nor have any interest in buying. Pretty sad. Maybe if your mom were still alive the fact that Nintendo made another system wouldn't hurt your vagina so much?

Shut the fuck up with that garbage. He can post whatever he wants, negative or positive, just like you can. Albeit I think you are an ass for bringing up his mother like that, but you are an ass so it's fitting. If you want all sunshine and roses head over to this shit hole.

The Something Awful Forums

And lol at that video.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I'm sorry you feel the need to justify your existence by coming here every day to bash a system you don't even own, nor have any interest in buying. Pretty sad. Maybe if your mom were still alive the fact that Nintendo made another system wouldn't hurt your vagina so much?

I'm not the one so angry that people are insulting my toy that I have to dig at people's dead parents for "sick" burns. Your identity is literally tied to the Switch at this point, who exactly is justifying here? Seriously, how angry are you little boy? Did watching the video a few posts above me turn you into the leave Brittany alone faggot?

And if you want to see a Nintendo fanboy review from someone who doesn't have their head up their ass you should read Sithro's post to see how it's done and stop being such a unmitigated shill for a half baked system.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
Love how one person on youtube posted a video of their screen being scratched by the dock and everyone takes it as gospel. I got my Switch on Friday and it's been in and out of the dock dozens of times, carried it all over the place, put it in my pocket, let my 7 year old nephew play with it... zero scratches, zero scuffs. No screen protector (ordered one anyway, just in case). There are legit complaints against the system but this isn't one of them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Love how one person on youtube posted a video of their screen being scratched by the dock and everyone takes it as gospel. I got my Switch on Friday and it's been in and out of the dock dozens of times, carried it all over the place, put it in my pocket, let my 7 year old nephew play with it... zero scratches, zero scuffs. No screen protector (ordered one anyway, just in case). There are legit complaints against the system but this isn't one of them.
CASE CLOSED GUYS

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Unless it happens to you it's not real?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider

Actually, that's not true at all. There are multiple reports of bent Switch docks that will cause this problem. There is even side by sides showing what a perfectly straight dock looks like compared to what a bent one looks like and it makes sliding the system in and out of the dock significantly tighter, thus the scratches.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's not really the point either. Only a goddamn idiot puts a plastic screen on a device like that. Even the cheapest Kindle Fire HD is Gorilla Glass. GG isn't just for scratch protection either, it also doesn't crack when you drop the thing (within reason).

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And lol at the dock itself. A huge piece of plastic with a small little chip that does what exactly? It just mirrors the portable? And they want $80 for it separately.

• 1Smuggly

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Sad to hear about all the issues and you'd have to be blind not to acknowledge the shortcomings of the system/launch (lack of games, no VC, etc).

I haven't had any scratches from my dock yet and no problems to date, but I'm treating mine with kid gloves until I get the glass screen protector on it.

I wish Nintendo would get their shit together and just partner with Sony or Samsung to co-brand their hardware and stick to making games. I can't imagine how incredible BoTW would be on a true next gen system or a Samsung mobile.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It has the circuitry to split out from a single USB-c to 3 USB-A slots, power, and an HDMI out. I'm assuming the dock also comes with another power cord and hdmi cable.

Yeah it's still too much but it's not just a USB-c to hdmi converter in a plastic housing

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
And lol at the dock itself. A huge piece of plastic with a small little chip that does what exactly? It just mirrors the portable? And they want $80 for it separately.

Ya, that's pretty criminal, I was thinking it would be nice to have an extra dock in my bedroom and then I saw the price and was like, are you fucking kidding me? An HDMI out on the unit would have been great but then...no $80 plastic add on.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This dude fixed the left joycon issue and now it's better than the right joycon. I laughed at the first comment on this video: "Youtube guy fixes years of corporate R&D with a wire"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
It has the circuitry to split out from a single USB-c to 3 USB-A slots, power, and an HDMI out. I'm assuming the dock also comes with another power cord and hdmi cable.

Yeah it's still too much but it's not just a USB-c to hdmi converter in a plastic housing

True.

I like the dock for how simple/seamless it is but considering I picked up my Steam Link for $20, the price of the dock is insane. $49.99 seems like an appropriate price point and even that seems high.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This dude fixed the left joycon issue and now it's better than the right joycon. I laughed at the first comment on this video: "Youtube guy fixes years of corporate R&D with a wire"

But no worries there is a software patch coming for that sweet sweet design!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
True.

I like the dock for how simple/seamless it is but considering I picked up my Steam Link for $20, the price of the dock is insane. $49.99 seems like an appropriate price point and even that seems high.

I think $50 would be reasonable for the dock, but even at that price point I wouldn't get it because of how limited the use of it would be.

Wouldn't surprise me if you see a third party release just a splitter that connects power and an hdmi cable at some point.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Seriously though, at some point you would think they are going to want to release just the tablet hardware as its own item for replacements when people inevitably break them.

Over/under at $225 (no accessories at all, just the tablet portion)?