Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

spronk

FPS noob
it doesn't work on first party new switch games (BOTW, super mario odyssey, etc) which is probably what he meant.

it does work on new ps4/xb1 games so if you are dying for new games could grab Saints Row 3 Remastered (supposed to be a STELLAR port) for ps4/xb1, Maneater, and something like Persona 5 Royale. Trials of Mana for switch would be nice but gamestop has been out of stock on that

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
This is the most retarded, nonsensical analogy ever muttered in human history. Congratulations, you are the dumbest mother fucker, ever.

Don't worry, puss fag, you can watch someone else beat the game on YouTube. The scary weapon system can't hurt you anymore.

• 2Cringe
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am enjoying BOTW a bit more now after exploring and getting into the second beast. The weapons system is still dumb as fuck. That easily drops the rating by 2/10 no matter what happens for the rest of the game.

Some other things that suck. Let me earn the armor I need to get into areas. Yeah, I got the fire boots from that shit quest, but I still had to spend like 700 rupees on another piece. I already know the snowquill set is gonna cost me a couple thousand. That's bad design.

Rain on the mountains suck ass

Quests are weird sometimes. Definitely not as in depth as other open world games.

The game is beautiful though

I will say this. If you just.dont fight monsters you don't really notice the weapon problem. Almost feels like the game wants you not to fight monsters

• 5Like
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 5 users

Crisco

A greasy jar
The weapons breaking wasnt an issue on the first play through. Although master mode it was crazy stupid at first but forced you to master the mechanics and really understand the game. Once you learn to flurry and attack accordingly, and also take advantage of the environment, weapons arent an issue.

Best advice to those complaining, get good and it wont be an issue.

Trial of the sword would make you babies cry.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Tiresome

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The weapons breaking wasnt an issue on the first play through. Although master mode it was crazy stupid at first but forced you to master the mechanics and really understand the game. Once you learn to flurry and attack accordingly, and also take advantage of the environment, weapons arent an issue.

This man is a hardcore badass.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Final like 5 floor of the trials on Master Mode gave me issues, never found all the ancient arrows around so it was a very slow kill process for the last floors...

Siliconemelons

Mario Party games are a lot of fun if you're having a party. (you'll want extra controllers)

Note... Mario party only works with the little half controllers. Or did they change that with the lite?

Edit: joycons - that's what they are called..I think ;)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I tried to make it but I just don't enjoy BOTW. Found myself playing just to beat the he but I was actually dreading playing. Maybe one day I'll pick it up again but probably not.

Started XC2 today instead. Wondered if I should start XC1 first instead though. Doesn't show up til Tuesday so we'll see.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I tried to make it but I just don't enjoy BOTW. Found myself playing just to beat the he but I was actually dreading playing. Maybe one day I'll pick it up again but probably not.

Started XC2 today instead. Wondered if I should start XC1 first instead though. Doesn't show up til Tuesday so we'll see.
Clearly you aren't a game designer. I tried it out again for 10 minutes again a few days ago, and realized it is trash

Derkon

Trakanon Raider

It's not necessary to have played XC1 before XC2(both have a self-contained story) but you may as well as there is some easter egg references to the the first game. Though there is a new epilogue story in the XC1 remake that might tie things together, not 100% sure.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I vaguely recall there being at least one massive spoiler in the character bios or whatever if you unlock the XC1 characters as blades in XC2. Definitely unlock them because the XC1 and XCX characters are easily among the best blades in the game (and it's a fun challenge to get to the point where you are allowed to use them in the main game), but I wouldn't go looking for info about any of them if XC2 is your first game.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well, I played about 16 hours of XC1 on 3DS before I realized it's unplayable. I realize that's like 10% in.

Maybe I'll wait til Tuesday and start with xc1

On that note is xcx emulator-able?

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On that note is xcx emulator-able?

It's playable on Cemu, with some issues. I think they fixed the really bad sound glitches (unfortunately this doesn't include deleting the terrible song that plays all the goddamn time when you're in town), but last time I looked at it you really needed a graphics pack mod for toning down the bloom and fixing some other stuff.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure how Cemu handles the Gamepad stuff. When I played XCX, I tried using the Pro Controller that I'd bought for Bayonetta 2, but I gave up when I realized I still needed the Gamepad (the Wii U tablet controller thing) in front of me at all times because it was too annoying to not have the stuff on its screen always available.

Last edited:

Nester

Vyemm Raider

Be aware it took me a good 12-15 hours to warm up to XC2.

Just got back into it, my XC1 ot delayed by amazon until Thursday so I guess I will push through on XC2 for now.