Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Crisco

A greasy jar
So I know it's been talked about here a few times, and basically, Nintendo has a shitty profile system and trying to share digital games between multiple Switch in the same household is a nightmare. But how do you even just play a game on the same switch, under different profiles? Is that even allowed? This came up because I'm trying to play some coop games with my son. But if I go and play say Nine Parchments (4 player coop), it doesn't allow multiple profiles to "log-in" so any progress made by not the main user is lost?
I played escapists with the wife and i would start the game with my profile (you pick beofre the game loads) and once in the game when she joined she picked her profile so it saved settings etc. That she wasnt a guest and the bs that comes with instructions.

Guessing it is similar

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I know it's been talked about here a few times, and basically, Nintendo has a shitty profile system and trying to share digital games between multiple Switch in the same household is a nightmare. But how do you even just play a game on the same switch, under different profiles? Is that even allowed? This came up because I'm trying to play some coop games with my son. But if I go and play say Nine Parchments (4 player coop), it doesn't allow multiple profiles to "log-in" so any progress made by not the main user is lost?
It is absolutely fucked and I'll never buy digital copies of Switch games again.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I played escapists with the wife and i would start the game with my profile (you pick beofre the game loads) and once in the game when she joined she picked her profile so it saved settings etc. That she wasnt a guest and the bs that comes with instructions.

Guessing it is similar
Yea the few games I’ve tried this on when another player joins it’s not bringing up the profile selection screen. Just immediately adding them as a guest player.

spronk

FPS noob
played a few hours of Super Mario 3D World + Bowsers Fury, which came out a few days ago and is $50 at Walmart. Pretty fun, didnt really play the WIi U version so its basically just more 3D mario. Supports 4 player co-op. Haven't tried the bowsers fury mode yet, which is like a DLC (runs off the main game menu as a seperate game)

its funny how nintendo keeps it simple but locks it in. i'm playing sackboy on PS5 which is supposed to be Sonys Mario i guess, but i mostly find it frustrating or annoying instead of just chill like Mario. It definitely blows away Mario 3D in visuals but end of the day, I'd much rather play Mario 3D

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Splatoon 3 was their big announcement. I didn't even buy 2. It looked pretty much like the same stuff from the first game.

It's pretty disappointing to see them shit out another one of those while they have other IP's they just sit on and do nothing with.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Looks a lot like FFT

meg ryan orgasm GIF

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Bought a switch about a month ago. Had played some Mario party rounds at a friends house. System is worth the price of admission for Mario Kart / Zelda alone. Smash bros and Mario party are just a nice bonus. Hoping for a new Kart before this generation is done.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole

spronk

FPS noob
yeah there were persistent rumors of a Switch Pro coming out this year, now the rumors say it'll happen this holiday to coincide with BOTW 2. Who knows.

People forget that in Japan, switch IS the video game market. Its like 90% of consoles sold in Japan, its insane. You have to move carefully, given how hard it is right now to manufacture new stuff in bulk, I think the smart money is on betting Nintendo doesn't do fuck all with the switch for another 2-3 years and just keeps milking the massive worldwide installed base. They'll issue new variants to con the collectors to drop $300 every year, but it seems crazy to release a game that will only work on a new console right now. For any platform, really.

120m PS4s vs like 5m PS5s for example.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
yeah there were persistent rumors of a Switch Pro coming out this year, now the rumors say it'll happen this holiday to coincide with BOTW 2. Who knows.

People forget that in Japan, switch IS the video game market. Its like 90% of consoles sold in Japan, its insane. You have to move carefully, given how hard it is right now to manufacture new stuff in bulk, I think the smart money is on betting Nintendo doesn't do fuck all with the switch for another 2-3 years and just keeps milking the massive worldwide installed base. They'll issue new variants to con the collectors to drop $300 every year, but it seems crazy to release a game that will only work on a new console right now. For any platform, really.

120m PS4s vs like 5m PS5s for example.
Yeah it never occurs to me about that stuff. I wonder what the base of Switch vs Switch Lite is?

Szlia

My Switch gathered dust for a couple months or three and now that I want to play it again, my right joy-con refuses to connect via bluetooth (but still works perfectly when connected and does charge). I guess it's Nintendo's way of telling me I need to buy an actual controller for when I want to play some Switch games on a big screen. Is the Pro Controller good ? When that Tetris game got released I seem to remember people saying things like "Hard drop with the ghost down inputs of the Pro Controller will not be great" or am I hallucinating ?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pro Controller is good, and I haven't had any technical issues with it at all. 8bitdo SN30+ Pro is better though, so long as you don't mind losing the ability to turn the Switch on with the controller and don't use Amiibos. My Switch is hooked up to the bedroom TV, and the Switch itself is within arm's reach so I don't care about that. If it was tucked away behind the TV or something, it might be an issue. Should be a lot cheaper too if EU prices are similar to US.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i 100% play with only pro controller and its great, still has some drift issues over time just like joycons. maybe i need to clean it out or something. The battery life is INSANE though, like 50+ hours a charge.

It goes on sale for $50 all the time on amazon, they just announced a Monster Hunter Pro controller releasing in March but i think its OOS at best buy already

• 1Like