Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
And it will likely be garbage on their next two releases as well. They got rewarded by millions of morons. That kind of free pass for shit work is infuriating. Utnayan Utnayan should dive the F16 into the studio.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got some stuff on sale: Collection of SaGa like 50% off, Blasphemous like 70% off, Ender Lillies 40% off, Axiom Verge 2 25% off.

Wondering about this:

Anyone know what the deal is with this? I don't see any Blasphemous DLCs, and considering Bloodstained got me back into Metroidvanias last month, I certainly want to check this Miriam update out. I assume it's automatically installed?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
COD coming to the Switch once the MS acquisition closes.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
there's gonna be a zelda special edition OLED switch for the new game, should release around May

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What we really need is a Switch Pro with a graphics upgrade that does better than 720/30.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
tears of the kingdom (BOTW2) direct tomorrow but people are speculating the game will sell for $69.99 for a switch game due to an eshop listing that got pulled and amazon/gamestop/best buy all removing listings for the game

would be nuts if it is $70. also makes it easy to justify pirating on pc/deck, since you can mod to run it at 60 fps, better textures, and will run smoother and probably even release a few days early

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
tears of the kingdom (BOTW2) direct tomorrow but people are speculating the game will sell for $69.99 for a switch game due to an eshop listing that got pulled and amazon/gamestop/best buy all removing listings for the game

would be nuts if it is $70. also makes it easy to justify pirating on pc/deck, since you can mod to run it at 60 fps, better textures, and will run smoother and probably even release a few days early
While Switch emulation is pretty good, it'd be surprising if the game is fully playable without large issues right away I'd think, seeing as how this is a Nintendo game that's probably going to push the boundaries of the system a bunch. I assume it'd take a few months of them fucking around with stuff to get it to run properly, but could be wrong.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

$70 will not surprise me. The cost of goods has gone up 20% in the past couple years. Public companies need to eventually pass costs on to consumers. Eating rising labor and materials costs forever isn’t sustainable.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
image0.jpg

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
$70 will not surprise me. The cost of goods has gone up 20% in the past couple years. Public companies need to eventually pass costs on to consumers. Eating rising labor and materials costs forever isn’t sustainable.
Hopefully that's just Nintendo. I look at the Deku Deals website and they're notorious about not reducing the prices of their games. Super Mario Odyssey has been out since 2017 and the lowest its been so far looks like 42 bucks. They might be getting greedy and deciding to cash out on a Zelda sequel knowing how hard people bought the last one.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Pretty sure I paid $70 for Link to the Past back in the day. Maybe it was Final Fantasy III? Whatever. Nintendo's just going for that nostalgia pricing!

• 2Like