Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah going for physical too. So much shit coming out in this timeframe, I think Octopath Traveler II is out later this month as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
picked up a few games

1675984712503.jpeg

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
I downloaded the ROM its "only" 7 gigs and runs 60 fps under ryujinx and Yuzu, too busy with Hogwarts now but later may try it on my PC and steam deck

nowadays pretty much every new game is running better on a PC than a switch, although I wonder if Tears of the Kingdom will break the emulators

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I downloaded the ROM its "only" 7 gigs and runs 60 fps under ryujinx and Yuzu, too busy with Hogwarts now but later may try it on my PC and steam deck

nowadays pretty much every new game is running better on a PC than a switch, although I wonder if Tears of the Kingdom will break the emulators

Wait, so ROMs are already out for a game that hasn't even been released yet?

Jesus.

This is the kind of thing that makes me think the "emulation is bad" people might actually have a point, after decades of thinking those people are just pussies.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Wait, so ROMs are already out for a game that hasn't even been released yet?

Jesus.

This is the kind of thing that makes me think the "emulation is bad" people might actually have a point, after decades of thinking those people are just pussies.
Nintendo literally shadow dropped the game right after the announcement, so it's out.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

and yeah metroid prime dropped digitally same day, its not out physically for a few days though

if you use the target link above and order TOTK + a $70 preorder game (any upcoming ps5 game thats part of the deal) you can cancel the second game and end up with a $17.50 discount on TOTK

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

and yeah metroid prime dropped digitally same day, its not out physically for a few days though

if you use the target link above and order TOTK + a $70 preorder game (any upcoming ps5 game thats part of the deal) you can cancel the second game and end up with a $17.50 discount on TOTK
If you actually want 2 new games you are better off getting the $100 pass for 2 games. This isn’t bad if there’s nothing else upcoming you want though

Patron

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah going for physical too. So much shit coming out in this timeframe, I think Octopath Traveler II is out later this month as well.

It is. A demo hit yesterday as well, you get 3 hours and up to chapter 1. Something like that. Word is it's more of the same but with improvements over the first. I saw some gameplay, the characters seemed to interact with each other now, at least in combat. They had a party of the Healer and the Warrior and they were bickering back and forth, like they could barely tolerate each other. Kind of funny

spronk

FPS noob
keep in mind octopath 2 will be 30 fps on switch and 60 fps everywhere else, including steam deck. Probably not an issue for most people given the visuals, story is supposed to be better too. I played O1 for a while when it was on gamepass but the story was really just mediocre trash with zero connectivity between ... well, anything.

but yeah the $100 voucher is a great deal, since it covers TOTK. Can do TOTK + Advance Wars 1+2 (releases soonish) which would cost you $130 but you get digitally for $100. TOTK is supposed to be the biggest switch game ever though so if you don't have a ton of free space, its nice having the cart.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If you actually want 2 new games you are better off getting the $100 pass for 2 games. This isn’t bad if there’s nothing else upcoming you want though
You can also get discounts at Costco for Nintendo eshop cards.

I was considering doing this to preorder Zelda and buying outright Xenoblade 3 which I'm just dragging my heels on because I beat Xenogears recently and have the entire Xenosaga lined up on my Steam Deck. (have also beat 1&2 and X, love them.)

Man it's really difficult to pick up the Switch when you have the Steam Deck in your hands, even the Oled.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I have my switch hacked so I can pull data off carts to play on my steam deck.

Does anyone have a guide for how to pull off stuff I've downloaded from the eshop to my steam deck?

When doing it, it would seem like some stuff would show up, but not others, so Im not sure what I was doing wrong.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Guys if you like SNES JRPGs, get the demo for Sea of Stars. Shit is awesome!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Comes out January 27.

Having played several rerelease of goldeneye, it’s not as fun as it used to be. The mechanics suck. This is them trying to cash in on xoomer and millennial nerd’s nostalgia

Rude

Potato del Grande
You can also get discounts at Costco for Nintendo eshop cards.

I was considering doing this to preorder Zelda and buying outright Xenoblade 3 which I'm just dragging my heels on because I beat Xenogears recently and have the entire Xenosaga lined up on my Steam Deck. (have also beat 1&2 and X, love them.)

Man it's really difficult to pick up the Switch when you have the Steam Deck in your hands, even the Oled.
Skip xenosaga 2 and skip Xenoblade 3 unless you're grabbing it cheap

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Xenosaga 2 really isn't worth playing. Watch a cutscene movie on Youtube, then go on to Xenosaga 3.

Xenosaga 2 is one of the least-fun RPGs I've ever played. The battle system made basically no sense to me. It's like having to enter specific codes to win. So you're just kind of flailing around trying to make sense out of it until you decide to look up the answers online and discover that every boss fight has a "win button" in terms of using abilities in a certain order that'll make them explode. So the boss fights go from being completely inscrutable to being baby-mode. I did like some of the later areas in XS2, like Albedo's castle and the deeply nostalgic snowy landscape.

• 1Like