Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone can message me on where I can get an emulated version of the new Mario game from?

joz123

Potato del Grande
Anyone can message me on where I can get an emulated version of the new Mario game from?
Internet Fuzzyghost GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Could also just like, buy it. I did today. Feels like the kinda game I can beat in one day and it'll end up on Ebay relatively quickly, so even poors can play it.

So far it's surprisingly fun. Don't know what it is, but it "gets it" in that regard. Finished the first world (out of 6? 7? IDK) in about two hours while trying to go full completionist and do everything (I failed, but I did beat the world with probably 80% of the collectibles).

Game feels more like Super Mario World than like any of the NSMBs since then.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
All the sites I've found have terrible links with ads to get the final download link. No idea where to find them the easy way.

Egg NS Emulator: Best Nintendo Switch Emulator for Android is one site I have used.

Figured I'd ask here, perhaps again, I can' remember at this point.

Anyone aware of a current jailbreak for all versions of the switch?

I'll give nintendo hard credit on this one, they did WELL on security post release aside from people just emulating the crap outta the system.

I still wanna buy the main games but skipping the DLC grind would be nice.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Mario Wonder is a ton of fun. Each session I beat a world (takes 1-2 hours each time depending on how thorough I'm being). Seems like a pretty short game. Got 3 of 6 worlds down. I don't know when this happened, but I noticed the worlds are waaaay more open after world 3. Might have been sooner. I can go to worlds 4/5/6 in pretty much any order, so I did like half of all 3 of them bouncing around and that was kind of interesting. The difficulty seems uniform across all the worlds and it's pretty solid. Some levels are actually reasonably good challenges which is saying a lot with modern games. Most of 'em are pretty easy. The open nature of things means you can skip a level that's too hard, so they didn't have to worry about nerfing all the challenge to appease people who don't want to learn to play. All in all, very well done game but don't expect to get more than a weekend of action out of it. (Unless the multiplayer is really awesome, I haven't done anything with it)

Goonsquad Officer
My girl found special world. I did the first with her and it was pretty wild. Not sure the rest

spronk

FPS noob
Mario RPG leaked ROMs online a few days ago, installed the latest yuzu and ryujinx and gave it a spin. Under yuzu no music but everything else works fine, yuzu usually waits until actual release date to release final game patches. Ryujinx seems great, no issues playing for an hour, pretty rock solid 60 fps, seems like a fun game for kids

Did update to firmware 17.0 and the latest title keys as well.

• 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Motherfuckers emulating games weeks before release date, SMH.

I've always been a pro-emulation guy who laughs at all the youtubers and game journalists who tiptoe around the existence of emulation. Like the people who spend exorbitant sums buying a bunch of games to hold up in their Youtube video for 3 seconds before switching to an emulator/ROMs for the actual footage. They're pathetic. Just emulate the game and stop hand-wringing over it or virtue-signalling. I've emulated probably 200 games in the past 25 years or so and it's these companies own fault for not making them more readily available after the fact.

And with all of that said I'm still totally against the current state of Switch emulating and people pirating new games. The fact that Switch is such a pathetic system on specs is the only real reason I'll give anybody a pass on emulating it TBH.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still totally against the current state of Switch emulating and people pirating new games.
Yeeeeah, this is the part that negates any irritation I have towards it. The game has how many individual screens? 300? One artist can probably convert the entire game into modern graphics pretty quickly, let alone a team.

If they didn't add anything to it, and I paid $60 for it in... the 90's, \o/

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeeeeah, this is the part that negates any irritation I have towards it. The game has how many individual screens? 300? One artist can probably convert the entire game into modern graphics pretty quickly, let alone a team.

If they didn't add anything to it, and I paid $60 for it in... the 90's, \o/

I get that. If I didn't recoup like 90% of what I spend on new games most of the time I'd probably be kind of off-put by SMRPG's total lack of new content.

$20-30 is a fairer range for things that are straight remakes of 90's games. The Front Mission remakes are in that range. I think Live a Live and SaGa Frontier might have been too.

The thing that's gonna get me to get Yuzu working: FNAF Sister Location. WTF, you ask? It's the one FNAF I couldn't beat, because the final stage botched the checkpoints royally. Every time I try to do the Ennard "OG FNAF" night at the end of the game, if I fail I have to repeat a super-annoying number-repeating minigame and cross Ballora Gallery again before I can even start that night. And that night requires a good amount of luck / trial and error. The "runback" as it were makes it completely un-fun to try and beat the game.

Does Yuzu have save states?

Because I'd get it working just to be able to replay FNAF5 and have an actual save at the beginning of the final challenge so I can actually play it as intended without losing my mind doing all of the crap before it. It's probably the closest I've ever gotten to finishing a series without actually finishing it.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone pick up Super Mario RPG yet? How is it? I’m trying to hold off and clear some back log first, but I’ll probably fail.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Anyone pick up Super Mario RPG yet? How is it? I’m trying to hold off and clear some back log first, but I’ll probably fail.

It's kind of like how we remember Super Mario RPG to be, rather than what it actually was. Honestly a really great and faithful remake imo. The music slaps!

Honest to God I still can't believe it's real.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was considering this game but no they had to somehow censor and change something

is sleepy link still a thing?

Yeah, pretty much everything is the same. It's a good game. $60 is a bit much for something so close to 1:1, would have gone $40 myself. It looks like how we remember Mario RPG looking and it's been a really fun jaunt. I recommend it if one has money to kill and loves the game.

They did add some new stuff, like some pretty nice cutscenes, triple techs, being able to rotate characters in and out of fights, and 7 new super-bosses that are all superior to Culex.

Also Geno/Bowser/Mallow all got new super weapons that are equivalent to Mario's Lazy Shell or Toadstool's Frying Pan. So everyone now has an "epic" which is nice. Mallow's is kind of weak, but Geno gets a damn laser beam and Bowser's is particularly strong. Unfortunately Bowser's weapon requires defeating probably the most annoying new superboss.

20231123_134150.jpg

Status effects work on a bunch of the new bosses, so I'm using Mute and Sleepy Time for like the first time ever in this game. Poison also does a huge number on a couple of them.

• 2Like