Nioh (Team Ninja)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Picked it up from best buy with my GCU.

Maybe not a great idea since I already have a back log but have heard nothing but great things about this one.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Picked it up from best buy with my GCU.

Maybe not a great idea since I already have a back log but have heard nothing but great things about this one.

Play Bloodborne first if that is also in your backlog.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Bloodborne is indeed still in my backlog. Every time I've started on that game something else comes up.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Little tip on the PC version, you can force AA on the nividia control panel, makes it look better.

As for in game tips

To add to this great list:
When you open a large chest a mimic may pop out, if you mirror its emote you will get extra loot and not have to fight your clone.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
To add to this great list:
When you open a large chest a mimic may pop out, if you mirror its emote you will get extra loot and not have to fight your clone.

Forgot about those. To add to it, that also works for the eyes on the walls (hidden paths). Sometimes you see eyes on the wall that open when you stand in front of them. You can attack and fight them (wall mob), however, you can also try to do an emote in front of them. Emotes are tagged between red, yellow and blue. Do one of them, if the eyes start to glow red, it was the wrong type. If you pick the wrong type again, the wall attacks. If you pick the right one, the wall will bow and despawn opening up the hidden passage without having to fight it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's also a dead dude near the wall that tells you one of the colors that is wrong. So you should always be able to get it right by the second try.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
After burning out on Darksouls 3 mid way I started this up, checking out Tonfa/dual swords this time. They both seem terrible when compared to my original axe run but sticking with it.

Also since I don't have to pump stats for heavy armor I get to try magic and ninjutsu. Still a really good game, kept me up late.

Dual swords are broke as fuck. The whirlwind ability is about as spin to win as you can possibly get. No shit I breezed to my platinum after learning that ability. The dreaded dual boss combo of the ice queen lady and Nobunaga went down in minutes to that. I forget the exact name but it was an ability you could get really early if you knew what to look for.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This is $15 off on Steam today. Do you need a super dope computer to run this? My computer is only two years old, but if I can't run it well I'd rather get it on PS4. For reference, I have to run Witcher 3 on medium/high settings to get a good FPS rate.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No clue on PC. I have it for PS4 Pro and it was one of my favorite games last year. I recommend you get it! You can always upgrade...

Janx

<Silver Donator>
This is $15 off on Steam today. Do you need a super dope computer to run this? My computer is only two years old, but if I can't run it well I'd rather get it on PS4. For reference, I have to run Witcher 3 on medium/high settings to get a good FPS rate.
Should be fine.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Runs fine on my GTX970 & i5-4690k

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Make sure you have a controller for your PC as I dont think it has a keyboard mouse option on PC. You'll want to play with a controller anyway.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I play Witcher 3 with a 360 controller. Thanks for the feedback y'all. Guess I'll get this for PC while it's on sale.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right as I was wrapping up ng++++++ I found a buried menu that showed me my playtime. Was 397 hours, which has to be my record for a console game. Game has better combat than Souls but is slightly to significantly worse in every other respect. Weigh that how you will, but it was a singularly great experience for me, blemishes and all.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Already bought it for PC and it just finished downloading. Will probably hit some of that up this weekend. I still haven't even finished Witcher 3 though...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Right as I was wrapping up ng++++++ I found a buried menu that showed me my playtime. Was 397 hours, which has to be my record for a console game. Game has better combat than Souls but is slightly to significantly worse in every other respect. Weigh that how you will, but it was a singularly great experience for me, blemishes and all.
Agreed. The combat is awesome, but the level design, atmosphere and overall game itself isn't as good as Souls/Bloodborne.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also the spiders can eat a dick. They scare the shit out of me in real life and they're significantly worse in Nioh. If spiders actually behaved as they do in this game life wouldn't be livable.

Last edited:

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
worth 35 bucks for the PC version on the steam sale?

Thing is, i already have a massive backlog of at least 2 dozen games between ps4 and Computer.... I'm still grinding away at the surge, persona V, and even Dead Space 2 is actually getting a good amount of my gaming time since is still very enjoyable (don't know why it has to be locked at 30fps on comp tho) Plus like 20 other games... and some extra cash just sitting in my PSN and steam accounts...

I have 38 bucks and change in my steam wallet, I could either buy Nioh and p much call it a day. Or buy a ton of other games i may or may not play much either... I know Life is Strange before the Storm for under 10 bucks is tempting for instance.

Maybe someone who has it on ps4 would be willing to do a bit of a "trade" where i let the borrow persona V, or some other game they want and i can borrow nioh?