Nioh (Team Ninja)

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Worth every penny at full price when it released on PS4 and then again on PC. Double dipped the crap out of this game

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Not sure I like the random loot in this game. So far I'm pretty sure I hate all the weapons besides the odachi and the regular sword, but I currently can't really use either of them because I haven't seen a drop even close to my level for those types in forever. Currently using a shitty axe just because it's over triple the attack power of my best odachi, and I hate the attacks it has so I don't want to spend any skill points on it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
ronne ronne
Have you tried them all? Gotta find a weapon you like as step one, also axe attack power usually feels far higher early on because it hits like a truck. Nodachi has highest skill ceiling IMO with everything being around stance switching and stance switching attacks, can be a lot of wrap your head around.

Low stance axe or high attack strong are good times depending on your play style but all weapons suck until you put points in the tree. Axe whirlwind spin with a ton of ki and max points into it +reoccurring dmg SS is a I win button on all things. Then again so is a bunch of other builds end game, Tonfa Gun sticks, dual swords reoccurring dmg, ninjutsu etc.

Also there is reincarnation books in this game, they get more expensive as you use them but also find them, by NG+ I am sitting on 8 or so.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Now I have to go back and play NIOH again so I can finish it before this one releases in 2020.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I’m a big fan of Soulsborne, but I’m having a hard time enjoying this. I’ve unlocked NG+ and it just seems too grindy to enjoy.

I initially played with the axe but switched to dual swords after the first region. I haven’t tried all the weapons but have several level reset books stocked up.

I’d like to continue playing it but not sure what to look forward to :(

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
As someone who went through ng+++++(one more +? I forget) I can confirm that the game gets more grindy as you progress. I kinda liked the leveling but the looting becomes the game's biggest problem. Like most console games, Nioh really can't handle loot overflow as elegantly ad it needs to, so you have to loot everything, and as your build solidifies you'll find that you sell/disassemble pretty much everything. Doesn't help that some armor sets are just better than others (Tatenashi/Kigetsu are great all-purpose sets).

I personally found the game to be a flawed masterpiece with a truly sublime, maybe best-ever combat system brought down by lesser mechanics everywhere else. So I thought the game was worth it, but based on the nature of your complaint I don't think you'd find the ng+ playthroughs rewarding as they get grindy as fuck.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I see lot's of build with only 9 to 10 point in body.
Does the stats above 10 is that bad, i mean this is really a waste to put more point in it at later level ?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I see lot's of build with only 9 to 10 point in body.
Does the stats above 10 is that bad, i mean this is really a waste to put more point in it at later level ?

Unless you're using the weapon that body increases damage for, spear I think? Mostly all it does is add health, and at least in light armor, pretty much 1 hit from anything kills you once you reach a certain point in ng+'s. It's better to pump damage stats to make fights go faster. You only put enough in body to meet the min stat requirement for whatever armor you're wearing.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Finally started playing this. It's hard af. I'm on one of the first bosses (demon in the ship's cargo) and I'm getting my ass kicked repeatedly.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Finally started playing this. It's hard af. I'm on one of the first bosses (demon in the ship's cargo) and I'm getting my ass kicked repeatedly.

He does seem hard at first, partially because the room is so small, but he's actually one of the easiest. Just fight patiently, learn his moves (he only has a couple) and don't get greedy.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Only did 4 or 5 bosses before getting bored, and they all seemed like impossible bullshit at first. If you're used to Dark Souls, just realize it isn't Dark Souls and dont try to play it like it's Dark Souls.

Keeping distance and running away works a lot better than trying to roll through everything.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Only did 4 or 5 bosses before getting bored, and they all seemed like impossible bullshit at first. If you're used to Dark Souls, just realize it isn't Dark Souls and dont try to play it like it's Dark Souls.

Keeping distance and running away works a lot better than trying to roll through everything.

Same but I got much further. It just went on too long and eventually was too easy and repetitive. I’d just do the same couple of moves and kill everything. I’d switch up weapons every so often to change it up but wound up in the same rut. I could probably go back to it now and get my ass kicked trying to finish it since I’ve forgot how to play it.

Still really enjoyed it. It had decent level design, good graphics. Will probably buy the sequel.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This game is ridiculous. I'm only on the third level (the cave). The difficulty isn't too bad, but then I get to the boss and get one-shotted. And it takes about an hour just to get to the boss fight. I'm going to give it one more shot because I may have missed a shrine, but if that's what I have to look forward to this game can go fuck itself. That sounds horrible and no fun. It would take a whole fucking day just to learn boss fight mechanics because you gotta spend an hour (and a bunch of consumables) just to get to the start of the fight.

• 1Salty

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This game is ridiculous. I'm only on the third level (the cave). The difficulty isn't too bad, but then I get to the boss and get one-shotted. And it takes about an hour just to get to the boss fight. I'm going to give it one more shot because I may have missed a shrine, but if that's what I have to look forward to this game can go fuck itself. That sounds horrible and no fun. It would take a whole fucking day just to learn boss fight mechanics because you gotta spend an hour (and a bunch of consumables) just to get to the start of the fight.
As you said, you likely missed a shrine. There were some areas where the boss was decently far away, but 90% of the time you could run past everything. Make sure you're heavily statting into whatever your chosen weapon favors. It makes a huge difference in damage output.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You're likely missing a shrine, they're typically located near the bosses. Sometimes there's a path you open up to an earlier shrine that was close the whole time.

Some bosses have funky mechanics too, as long as you avoid those special moves, you'll have an easier time.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Sounds like you're on Hino-Enma. Everyone has trouble with her. I'm pretty sure the nearest shrine is really close. When you get to the big cavern and you have to go down some ladders, don't go down, go right, there's a narrow path you can drop down to, with an elite-in-the-mist thing and right behind it is an alcove with a shrine. Try to equip as much anti-paralysis stuff as you can and use the anti-paralysis needles. And don't get greedy or she'll grapple you.