Nioh (Team Ninja)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Check your email for a message from Playstation, I just got an invite to this a few minutes ago.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This honestly looks like a yuge improvement to Nioh 1. Looks really slick even in this alpha.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Maximilian died to that snake boss in the Alpha for like 3 hours straight before I stopped watching him.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got a code I won't be using, first PM get it. =)

Edit: Taken!

Last edited:

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Thanks, Zindan.

Installed and played for a bit. Very solid for an alpha. So far, feels exactly like Nioh 1. Skill trees look pretty cool on my brief time with it. I wonder how much of the game is available here.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks, Zindan.

Installed and played for a bit. Very solid for an alpha. So far, feels exactly like Nioh 1. Skill trees look pretty cool on my brief time with it. I wonder how much of the game is available here.
Just 3 missions as far as I know.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Thanks, Zindan.

First mission is apparently very large. ManVsGame played the first mission for 8 hours, but think 3-4 is the norm? The Nioh 1 alpha was around 8 hours total if I remember correctly too.

If anyone got an extra code, I would love it :)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
No email. Fuckers must realize I log in once every couple months

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Prequel? I have literally zero recollection of the story, so it won't feel like a prequel or sequel for me!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Be William. Fight off some dudes in the Tower of London and then go to Japan for... reasons.

Proceed to fight demons and shit for... the greater good? That's really all I got from it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Be William. Fight off some dudes in the Tower of London and then go to Japan for... reasons.

Proceed to fight demons and shit for... the greater good? That's really all I got from it.

You are mostly just trying to recover something that was stolen from you and just happen to help and save everyone along the way.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It is more Nioh, same inventory management which was the worst part. Skill tree is worse IMO because you can’t see what the nodes do until you highlight them. If they add a quick build switch I won’t care about above.

Last edited:
  • 1Dislike

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
OK beat the demo twice, once as strength Odai heavy armor with magic, and again as hatchets and ninjitsu. Magic is good for debuffs but ninjitsu out damages it by 500%. Unless something major changes no magic damage builds again.

Great game, can’t wait for launch.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I loved Nioh and will definitely be getting the sequel. I will say that my ability to play these tough games(especially ones you cannot pause) has diminished greatly since my daughter was born. Fuckin' kids, man.

Funny thing is I didn't know you could pause nioh till I was about 1/3 to 1/2 the way through the game lol

Edit: Missed Namon's post

• 1Like