No Man's Sky

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Enjoyed it with my Vive, but didn't get a chance to get very far. Just to orbit and back with a new character.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Was watching Tangent (twitch streamer that looks and sounds like Seth Rogan) play this for a bit in VR and it looked impressive, only "major" Issue I saw while watching him was that sprites in the world are 2d and orient themselves based on the direction your body is facing and not just generally towards your body.

Shitty MS paint time:

1565843305199.png

The reason this is important is, if you are in VR your heading can be different than your view perspective. You can look east and move north and what you see in-game via VR CURRENTLY is the sliver of objects rather than the object itself.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only PS4VR game I have played before this one was Skyrim. This was much blurrier than Skyrim, I looked up why and people are saying that Skyrim has a PS4 pro texture pack applied and this doesn't (yet?) and that must be why.

It was first person, no over the shoulder view for me out of the box. I had to switch off teleporting.

I didn't know what I was doing, never played before, but followed the hints and was able to fix my ship and fly to some beacon on another planet. Stopped for the night after that.

I am playing with the standard PS4 controller/dualshock if they still call it that. I could do everything fine with that except aim my mining gun. I never could figure out how to get that thing to respond so it always fired off at an angle and I just had to turn my whole body to line it up.

The game feels like a first person Terraria.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I really liked the controls VR control scheme with the Vive, would almost want to use them non-VR if that was possible.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I don't think you can make a more earnest effort to fix a fuckup than what he's done, so yes I think so.

Yeah I would have to say that given all the negative backlash since launch, up to now with what was probably going to be paid DLC, turned to free patching - it's made so much progress to try and make things right it's hard to be upset.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I dropped $30 on GoG this morning for it to give it another shot just from this patch hype. Just PC I don't have VR

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Has Sean Murray totally redeemed himself?
While, the continued work is respectable. When I tried this a little while back, I was wholly unimpressed with the game. I wasn't having any actual fun with it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't think you can make a more earnest effort to fix a fuckup than what he's done, so yes I think so.
FFXIV 2.0 is the only thing similar I can recall. Destiny 2 almost makes it but it was good at it's core, just marred by bad design decisions.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
The draw distance on psvr for bases is really bad. My stasis farm base doesnt load anything until its literally like 5 feet in front of you. Flying is really fun tho

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So I found a planet that has almost non-stop extreme storms, and I'm able to farm 50 storm crystals in like 10 minutes with clusters of 2-6 crystals each for selling at like 6 million credits or so. Are there any other solid money gainers anyones found that isn't cheating?

Edit: able to do more efficient so like 10 minutes tops to get close to 50.

1566024400674.png

Last edited:

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
The real money is in crafting. If you can set up a farm for a tier 3 component like a cryo pump or circuit board, you're pretty much set. If you up your game to making tier 2 (quantum processor etc.) or tier 1 (stasis device, fusion ignitor) modules, you're going to be swimming in billions. However, getting that far requires quite a bit of building and setup, and not to mention farming the recipes. However, farming recipes has become easier than ever with Beyond, so it shouldn't be a biggy. Best thing about farms is that once you got everything setup, you just go there once a day to do your rounds and you're done.

Crafting chart

Last edited:

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
The disappearing units bug can eat a bag of dicks

A friend lost his freighter and his base all but 2 items.

I am sorry to hear about your losses, losing that much shit sucks in a game like this. Hopefully Hello Games will fix this and compensate the players affected. I was really hoping that this update would get me back into the game but after hearing about that I'll be waiting for the next patch I guess.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I'm having a lot of fun with this in VR. I never got into it before. I still don't like the lack of inventory space and having to find fuel to launch the ship more than a handful of times, but the VR stuff makes up for it at the moment.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I have to boot this up in PSVR. I was waiting for a couple patches first.

How is the resolution?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I have to boot this up in PSVR. I was waiting for a couple patches first.

How is the resolution?

The resolution is pretty low. It doesn't look great - even the text is subpar, like a Korean MMO from < 2005 with those odd fonts. The experience is good despite the resolution - it should be able to be improved with a texture patch, Skyrim style. I wouldn't wait for that - see if you can handle it now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user