No Man's Sky

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It looks like blurry shit but I still love it. Never played the game before last week. I'm sure it will get boring eventually but goddamn this is fun for now.

I just found out yesterday you can summon your ship to you, holy shit does that save some time!?! I have been running for fucking ever before knowing this.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I am sorry to hear about your losses, losing that much shit sucks in a game like this. Hopefully Hello Games will fix this and compensate the players affected. I was really hoping that this update would get me back into the game but after hearing about that I'll be waiting for the next patch I guess.

Not to excuse anything whatsoever (the bugs can certainly ruin the experience and the fact of their existance is shotty QA), but the disappearing units can be recovered by just using a freely available save editor (that bug is/was caused by trading in a ship for another ship, and not just buying it outright), and the freighter/base bug is fixed iirc, but was caused by teleporting to your base from the nexus.

For the save editor, you just need to make sure you don't get temptation to ruin the experience by making yourself a badass. I've used it to re-add quicksilver (because when you spend nanites, if you have quicksilver, that gets spent as well, which is another shitty bug). I've also used it to reset a quest because a waypoint went away after arriving at a freighter crash, and I didn't have the materials to open up the containers which is required for the quest, and I left the planet to get them (mordite and faecium which were not on that planet), and realized after the waypoint was completely gone and there was no fucking way I was going to be able to go back to that crash site.

Again, not excusing the bugs, but giving a workaround if you really want to keep going.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Well I just saw their 2.08A update.
  • Fixed an issue where buying technology upgrades with nanites could also remove quicksilver or units.
  • Fixed a rare crash when summoning the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Exocraft Technician to have an incorrect interaction.
Still no key binding fixes, which is surprising. These 3 affected me. Other fixes as well though.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The keybindings thing is driving me insane.

I every FPS/3rd person game with asdx instead of wasd because it is incredibly painful for me to play with my finger on the w key the whole time.

• 1WTF

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The keybindings thing is driving me insane.

I every FPS/3rd person game with asdx instead of wasd because it is incredibly painful for me to play with my finger on the w key the whole time.

The good thing is you're used to pain and misery so I'm sure you'll get used to it by the time they put that patch in.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This interface is truly appalling. Total exact opposite mechanics to any rational way of thinking. Stuff that shouldn't toggle does, the press and hold stuff ught. I feel like I'm playing a cheap flash game from 20 years ago.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My quest line stalled out at "search base computer archives", so I carved the top off a hill to see if it would collapse. It didn't.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
At least every single video game that comes out doesn't send me into a blind rage about how shitty it is.

Hey what are you coming after me for Captain Downtrodden? All I said was shots fired.

1566481582333.png

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Mist Mist

Baby steps.

Bug fixes

• Enabled mouse and keyboard rebinding on PC. Gamepad and other device rebinding can be performed via Steam.
  • Fixed an issue that caused starships to spin endlessly while attempting to dock in the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause dismantling the Signal Booster to remove other building parts.
  • Fixed a crash when displaying markers for other players.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause hands to become invisible.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players in multiplayer from speaking to NPCs on the Space Station.
  • Fixed an issue in Creative Mode that would prevent the Overseer mission chain from starting.
  • Fixed an issue where some players were unable to summon the Space Anomaly after upgrading from NEXT.
  • Fixed an issue where players were asked to collect nanites from an unusable terminal during the Ghost in the Machine mission.
  • Fixed an issue where players were charged too much when trading in their existing ship or Multi-Tool.
  • Fixed an issue where ships that were being added to a player’s fleet would be instead be traded in if purchased while the player’s current ship still had cargo aboard.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Upgrade Modules popup to display too aggressively, and to experienced players who did not need to see it.
  • Fixed an issue that caused overly dramatic camera shake in the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when quitting the game.
  • Fixed a rare crash in base wiring.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the loading progress value to appear in the wrong font in certain languages.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Are you trying to build through things and expecting it to handle it? It doesn't handle it...

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Just doing the initial line of quests. It hangs on the read-stuff-at-base-computer step.
20190821220547_1.jpg

Nothin to read

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
20190821195321_1.jpg

It was the one in the lower right, search base computer archives. You get that step 2 or 3 times as you advance through. 2 of those times it got stuck there.

When I logged in to take a screenshot of the journal it fixed itself like:

20190822192824_1.jpg

Almost like I had just placed the base. Buggy ass game.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
20190822194040_1.jpg

So do you never get out of your space suit? I colored mine like if I just did a bunch of quests for greens in a new expansion in a mmo.

I'm beginning to enjoy this now that things actually work, mostly. I did find a dupe bug but it was just for ferrite dust so not terribly useful.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have found three crashed ships so far and it has allowed me to claim all three. They were all full of busted modules. The first one, I fixed completely up and am using it. The second one, I fixed the engines, flew it to the closest space station and traded it in for the first clean ship I could find. The third one, I claimed it to inventory but left it sitting on the planet.

Is there something else I should be doing with these? Is there a way to sell them outright without trading them in?