No Man's Sky

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

Nexis events. There is a weekend event which gives a ton, and a 2nd mission that gives a smaller amount. Those are only ways to get quicksilver afaik

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I found an S Class Freighter, 34 slots nice upgrade from my A Class except it’s an ugly and my A Class is an awesome black...so I passed on it. Gotta have done standards right? As an added bonus, still have getting a better freighter as one of my objective. :)

I did finally find a nice little exotic for my Starship. Doesn’t have as many inventory slots as my S Class Hauler but it looks nicer and it’s smaller which I really like since I tend to play in 3rd person while flying and having a small ship takes less screen estate.

Almost completed my based, sadly it seems the game struggled rendering stuff and I’m starting to fall through the floors in a bunch of places randomly.

Still cool to play around with. I can still build 5 more. :)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I guess setting up farms is a pretty important step if I don't constantly want to have to jet around for materials? which means I probably need to revamp my base from the current single big room design im using atm

Cybsled

You can have multiple bases. If you setup one of those mini stargate things in your base, you can use it to transport to other bases in other systems you setup.

Like I had my main "living" base, but then I had bases devoted purely to mineral extraction or specific resources. Like I had one base that extracted activated irridium to sell, but the same planet also had lightning crystals nearby I could grab if I needed.

Cybsled

No, the staff are just for quests and things like that. They aren't required for a base.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The game could use a rework on how all the systems are presented to the player. There's a good number more of them since the storyline was made and it gets to be a jumbled mess.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finished my base and was quite proud of it. Nothing special but it’s home. Then I came across this and realize I am a failure. :)

F7F8E8E3-73AF-4C4C-827D-14FDD7D33633.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Gotta respect Hello Games for their work with the game since the release flop, it has come such a long way, and it’s not over...next DLC is turning into Alien. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Interesting, good way of progressing the alien shit that was the original plot thread in the game

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wow, those are actual good patch notes. Better combat and derelict freighters were two things I really wanted.

Cybsled

Sounds like there are some major bugs at the moment. People's freighters changing to random colors or in worst case scenarios, transforming into downgraded versions in terms of appearance (IE, max size Star Destroyers turning into the short bus versions of the Star Destroyer)

Flip side, the bulkhead from the derelict freighter is allowing you to completely max out your freighter slots in a single use.

edit: I tried one of the derelict freighter missions. Was pretty cool, go first person mode for maximum effect ;)

Last edited:

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just picked this up yesterday. I don't know if it is a bug or just bad RNG, but when I got to the point where you go to find your crashed ship, the marker said it was 21 hours away. I ended up just starting a new game.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Tempted to try this out again. Last I played, my bases would end up having the terrain eat them up, especially underground stuff, and the only player structure I ever saw, was some kind of dick monument. I was bored and carried on his torch, left many dick monuments scattered across 4 galaxies.

Deleted my screenshots for this sadly, someone stumbling on those would have created too much of a Superbad moment.