No Man's Sky

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
is this worth the 30$ if you have VR? I kind of want to grab it but I dont want to waste money with Squadrons coming out soon.

Felt borderline unplayable for me on PS4 while playing as astronaut. Especially around bases. I would be in a small 4x4 room I made and the game wouldnt be able to render the next room/hallway. Would just look like it went outside. Then you take a step into the room and then it renders. Its really fun when youre flying around tho. Im sure its much better on PC

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, it's been so long since I was interested in this and it released that I'd need to go read a Wiki to get back up to speed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Jesus, it's been so long since I was interested in this and it released that I'd need to go read a Wiki to get back up to speed.
If you haven't played since launch, and you thought pre-launch this game had promise do yourself a favor and play it now if you still have it. They have made the game so much better than it was at launch its practically not even the same game

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anybody playing this on a Valve Index? How does it look and how are the controls?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
If you haven't played since launch, and you thought pre-launch this game had promise do yourself a favor and play it now if you still have it. They have made the game so much better than it was at launch its practically not even the same game
I didn't even get that far. I never played because it got panned so hard, and now that I see positive posts about it, I'm like "What was this game about again?"

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's very easy to sink 80+ hours into this game just exploring, unlocking stuff, and building. And if you have a good TV/monitor the game has some really gorgeous scenery.

• 1Truth!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok boys, im jumping in. Fuck it, made the purchase, half off anyway.

Im still getting squadrons, I havent been that pumped for a game in very long. Then cyberpunk coming November gonna be a sick gaming season.

This should be amazing in VR! Whats sad is I was looking at games on steam, they got Resident Evil 7 on sale for like 9 bucks, I was gonna grab it as I never finished it few years back, but then I realized they didnt release it for VR on PC? WTF? It was ps exclusive I get it, but now its out and been out on xbox and PC yet they never released PC VR version. Its only the best selling VR game of all time behind Beat Saber (on PSVR). Like why wouldnt they just release the VR version for PC? Its really a fucking shame.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
They give you some pretty easy tutorials to get ramped up in the various features of the game. It's come a tremendous way since initial release.

Haven't found any super cool worlds really in the couple of systems I have checked out so far, but I've seen enough pictures to know I'm probably due for some haha.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I didn't even get that far. I never played because it got panned so hard, and now that I see positive posts about it, I'm like "What was this game about again?"
1601175072295.png

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

So what should I be doing as a new player?

I just finished the starting tutorial and got to space station. It is a strange decision to funnel you into crafting at the very start of the game....it makes me feel like thats all there is to do in this game?

Please tell me there is some good combat missions etc?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
So what should I be doing as a new player?

I just finished the starting tutorial and got to space station. It is a strange decision to funnel you into crafting at the very start of the game....it makes me feel like thats all there is to do in this game?

Please tell me there is some good combat missions etc?

Combat is generally pretty bad and there aren't any real combat missions no. This is mostly an exploration/base building game

Jozu

Ah well, wasted 30$ then.

Whats the point of even playing? To show off what you built?

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
In 100+ hours I only built 1 real base and it was a base to farm while I was exploring

Jozu

Ummm, I dont get it.

I started the fucking game picked normal mode and played the tutorial. How is that retarded?