No Man's Sky

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What they mean is that the universe does not persist. Stormwind is always there even if a player isn't in it. In NMS only a spherical area around the player is loaded. In space, this distance is much further than on planets.

For some reason I seem to remember the lead dev guy saying getting to the centre of the universe will take a driven player around 100h
Yeah, that makes more sense. I wonder if the game 'ends' when you hit the center of the galaxy. I mean...I imagine there will be thousands and thousands of players hitting it in the first couple weeks if it's 100 hours to get there. Game will break then.

Krag

Peasant
Yeah, that makes more sense. I wonder if the game 'ends' when you hit the center of the galaxy. I mean...I imagine there will be thousands and thousands of players hitting it in the first couple weeks if it's 100 hours to get there. Game will break then.
It won't end when reaching the center (unless you decide that for yourself), they've said that you'll get something that changes the game for you (or some such, I can't remember the exact phrasing), so you can continue to play.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
No Man's Sky Junkies
Ideally it'd be agoodwebsite.
rolleyes.png

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It won't end when reaching the center (unless you decide that for yourself), they've said that you'll get something that changes the game for you (or some such, I can't remember the exact phrasing), so you can continue to play.
My guess is it's a fast travel network at the centre that allows travel that far exceeds the abilities of any ship's hyperdrive. We'll see.

Krag

Peasant
My guess is it's a fast travel network at the centre that allows travel that far exceeds the abilities of any ship's hyperdrive. We'll see.
There have been what looked like portals of some kind in screenshots, so that is definitely a possibility.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How old is your PC? This doesn't look very graphically taxing.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Bisi is too busy spending all his cash on harrasing women, instead of upgrading his PC. He's doing charitable work and I, for one, would like to donate to his Patreon.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I have a 64-Bit lappy, but that won't cut it.

Lappy just aint meant to be gamed on hard.

Good WoW machine.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Ok video interview and presentation.

One thing that caught my attention, I'm surprised they invented their own periodical table. I'm sure they had good reasons for doing this, but initially I feel the same disappointment I felt when I started hearing about details about Spore. Not using our periodical table throws away the massive wealth of knowledge we have on how biology works as well as the huge number of proven systems to simulate evolutionary advancement, ecosystems etc. I guess I was hoping/assuming they hired in a legitimate biologist to bring real credibility to their ecosystem generation and that biologist would base their science on what they knew. Instead they probably created a much more simpler system that they can mould and conform to what they want.

What negatives does that bring in reality? Who knows.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
This game is going to be Spore 2.0

I don't think Computer generated worlds will ever be at the same level as human designed worlds. Also, Whats the point? If the creator himself says it will be really rare to meet another person then the game looks like it's minecraft with weird creatures and procedurally generated worlds.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The creators INTEND that players meeting each other will be a rare occurrence. We'll see if it actually plays out how they predict.

My money is on in-game groups of players forming via external social tools within the first week or two of release.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
The creators INTEND that players meeting each other will be a rare occurrence. We'll see if it actually plays out how they predict.

My money is on in-game groups of players forming via external social tools within the first week or two of release.
Yeah but if it's not intended what will they do? It's not like you can group or anything, There is no multiplayer content or exploration bonuses right?

I do not see the appeal of this game what so ever. It looks like a little kids game honestly.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think it's an idea they had that appeals to people's hopes for a space exploration meta verse (Like Quaid's favorite game, Star Citizen). But the developers never set out to do that, they just wanted a procedurally generated universe.