No Man's Sky

Caliane

yeah, I've said it before, but I have very low expectations for this. We've heard these promises before. Good luck making an actual game out of this.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I think it's an idea they had that appeals to people's hopes for a space exploration meta verse (Like Quaid's favorite game, Star Citizen). But the developers never set out to do that, they just wanted a procedurally generated universe.
Exactly it looks like it's exploring for exploring sake, It's not like there will be an economy or a "reason" to find planets you just fly to them name them and wander around and look at the cool creatures.

Aimless wandering doesn't really interest me, Unless I'm missing something in the videos i've watched what do you actually "do" in the game?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Exactly it looks like it's exploring for exploring sake, It's not like there will be an economy or a "reason" to find planets you just fly to them name them and wander around and look at the cool creatures.

Aimless wandering doesn't really interest me, Unless I'm missing something in the videos i've watched what do you actually "do" in the game?
As far as I know there is plenty of trading, combat, piracy, resource gathering, crafting, upgrading, and all the other space sim trappings you would normally expect. It just doesn't have 'quests' to do. You create your own objectives. Check out the IGN special series on No Man's Sky from the summer.

It's not just about exploring randomly. There's a gear/ship progression and mild narrative pulling you through the universe.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Need the rest of Tradewars 2002 incorporated into this... Colonize and build on the planets, trade with other systems, etc.

Agree with the Spore 2.0 sentiments but hope it proves everyone wrong.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well the lead dude was on Colbert the other night. They wouldn't do that unless release was imminent.

I'm guessing surprise Christmas bundle announcement.
I wonder why they didn't announce a release data on Colbert. It's not like they'll get a bigger platform to announce it?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I wonder why they didn't announce a release data on Colbert. It's not like they'll get a bigger platform to announce it?
My bets are on an announcement and a launch the day of Playstation Experience (Dec 5-6th), probably with a discounted PS4 console bundle ($350).

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
As far as I know there is plenty of trading, combat, piracy, resource gathering, crafting, upgrading, and all the other space sim trappings you would normally expect. It just doesn't have 'quests' to do. You create your own objectives..
How can you have all that when the creator himself says himself your not supposed to run into other people on the regular.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
How can you have all that when the creator himself says himself your not supposed to run into other people on the regular.
I think he says that purely based off of the (massive) size of the universe in the game. All the stuff Quaid mentioned is supposed to be with NPC's, though. It really is a single player game...

Still excited for it! I love open world exploration games.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I think he says that purely based off of the (massive) size of the universe in the game. All the stuff Quaid mentioned is supposed to be with NPC's, though. It really is a single player game...

Still excited for it! I love open world exploration games.
Gotcha, so they will have single player guys in space ships you can fight. Ok, that makes more sense.

Figured this game would be more EVE or Star Citizen didn't know it was more single player.