No Man's Sky

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks like a problem with older architecture. I can confirm since I'm running AMD Phenom II X6 and shit just crashes on startup.

They compiled the game for SSE4.1 which plenty of still perfectly good processors today do not support. I suppose it's possible the 'superformula' actually uses one or more of the 4.1 instructions (it's mostly floating point math stuff for very large numbers iirc) but I think it's a lot more likely that the programmer responsible for doing PC builds is just retarded.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Sounds like a bunch of PCfag problems ITT. I thought games always worked fine? Everytime I bring up how games always work on console I'm told that nowadays everything works.

ConsoleMasterRace
#shitpost

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Haven't crashed a single time or dipped below 40fps (usually at 60 depending how much shit loads in) and my vid card is pretty shit.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So is the blurriness on PC "intended" or is just the port? I hope they fix the way the game looks. It doesn't even appear to be running in native 1080p but 720. The games is pretty stable on my 970 but do get a hitch now and then, I take it this is game the engine rendering out the voxels and shit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Gave it an hour, didn't have any issues playing. Over that hour found it pretty boring. Like the tech just not the play. Got my refund and maybe I'll revisit it on sale.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Found an extremely lush planet with a lot of water, saw a little base under the water that I went in and it was full of green shit. Also almost drowned exploring it, lol.

Wonder if it's a bug though because all of the discovery waypoints reference either a rainforest or the woods and it's all underwater, lol

vBdJcAs.jpg

5u8y7kj.jpg

JEKVzxj.jpg

jeydax

Death and Taxes
If you have sli and its enabled, try disabling it.

I don't run SLI. I did discover it's a bug that is being worked on. Also lowered my OC 0.1ghz and between a bug fix I found on reddit and that, I stopped crashing. Game looks great but.... little boring so far. Also LOL@ConsolePeasant. 40 FPS?... *slow clap*

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Found an extremely lush planet with a lot of water, saw a little base under the water that I went in and it was full of green shit. Also almost drowned exploring it, lol.

Wonder if it's a bug though because all of the discovery waypoints reference either a rainforest or the woods and it's all underwater, lol

Some of the water world have most of the poi under water. Later you'll get an upgrade to breathing and good thing is when it drops it burns shield first which you can pump with resources back up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Just realized that most of my time spent in this game I have not been listening to any podcasts or music which isn't the usual for me.

Exploring this planet and some music kicked in and just felt.. frisson, I guess is the word. It makes a huge difference finding a planet that doesn't suck ass. Also this is the first planet that wasn't radioactive or freezing so I can actually be outside my ship for more than 2 minutes.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Managed to get nVidia DSR to work and run the game in 4k. Downsampled to 1080p. I'm going to have a lot of fun taking screenshots with this game.

Only issue is to change resolution you have to relaunch and if you turn your hud off (or change ANY graphic settings) it automatically resets your FoV back to 100 if you're using a custom FoV (I'm using 160, but 100 in the screenshot cause I can't make it change)

Anyways, here's my favorite shot of the night at max settings @ 4k

Z7du1Ax.jpg

OnogYtI.jpg

OnogYtI.jpg

OnogYtI.jpg

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
What the fuck. For some reason it added the imgur url as an attachment and editing it to try to delete it added it again. I can't delete the attachments at all for some reason so uh.. there's several pictures of the same picture I guess.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
2 Things:

first, for most that are having the ctd on startup, it is most likely your video card not supporting opengl 4.5 which kinda sucks for anyone with a little older card.

Second: Key Bindings can kiss my ass. Way too many things are hard coded. For example: I use ESDF for my movement. I had to plug in a controller just so I could free roam the system map because Q and E were hard coded to change the type of map exploration (free roam, or follow the road ) so every time I hit my move forward key it would switch the map view. I do not know how key binding 101 STILL gets failed on game that costs this much.. so much fail. I'm just glad I am not left handed.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got my Suit inventory max'd out, now to work on getting up to 20mil units to buy a good ship. Also need to find a multi-tool with more slots. All the tools I found today were 12 slots, across 3 systems. Sucked.

Running around on planets with Extreme weather + Frenzied Sentinals can actually be quite fun, certainly adds a little bit of danger to the mix. Got ganked in space by a Sentinal attack squad...just because I was mining. Never saw that before.

moontayle

Golden Squire
2 Things:

first, for most that are having the ctd on startup, it is most likely your video card not supporting opengl 4.5 which kinda sucks for anyone with a little older card.

Yes and no.

Post on steam. There's three common issues:

- Running the game with an Intel card. This is not supported
- No Man's Sky is an OpenGL 4.5 game, and requires latest drivers on most cards, please update
- VC++ Redist 2010 was not included by default. We have updated in a patch, please restart

The last one is a derp but easily fixed. The other two... well, it's 2016. If you're gaming on a Mobo card I don't know what to tell you.

This, however, is unacceptable.

• SSE 4 – for CPUs that do not support SSE 4, it is causing the game to crash on boot (some of these area technically below min spec, but we don’t want it to crash!)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Built my pc in 2011 and still using sli 570s, just ordered a 1070. Ive been playing the game fine with low settings though. It's chill and fun to explore. Exactly what I expected. Reminds me of minecraft in a way.

Can't wait to crank up the graphics.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I loaded it into ramdisk and it runs like butter now. Everything is maxed with no hitches or anything. Ran like garbage before I did that.