No Man's Sky

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Ran into what seems like a game breaking issue after a few hours of screwing around: I went to the off planet beacon and met the alien who gave me the blueprint for a warp drive, which I built after gathering a few more things. So then I get a notice to return to the life form at the outpost the nav point I receive for it is at a different location and there is no outpost there. I assume he's calling me back to give me the blueprint for a warp cell so it seems that I am fucked.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So how do I put an upgrade to my jetpack next to the jetpack when it is surrounded by life support and the other suit staple already? I can't move or dismantle any of those.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't know how rare this is, but I was surprised to already see a planet discovered by another player. Logged in today and this..
Uq8hHCt.jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
Been to quite a few planets so far and have yet to run into anything discovered, I'm kind of jealous.

ALSO something really fucking weird: the lower I make my settings the worse my performance gets. Max settings I'm 50-60 fps, lowest settings I dip down to 20. I don't.. understand

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Also need to find a multi-tool with more slots. All the tools I found today were 12 slots, across 3 systems. Sucked.

I got this destroyer of a multi tool last night. 24 slots, mining and grenade mods, tears thru minerals and sentinels both. Alien gave it to me after a correct response.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I got a 12 slot for a correct response and thought that was huge, jesus.

Also running around on this super lush planet still.. I kind of want to unlock everything on it cause it's so gorgeous. I found a few species on the planet that don't mind if you're around them, and you can feed them iron. When you feed them they get a little smiley face above them and they'll sort of stay near you but they also wander around and will find shit for you. The smiley face turns into a magnifying glass and you can pick up whatever they found. One was just some minerals, one some copper, one even found me one of those information things that give you a word.

Thought that was cool as fuck. Haven't seen anybody else talk about that yet.

Here's this happy bastard
AbAWADO.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, pets are really cool. They are also one, and maybe the only, source for the Omegon material....feed them, follow them around and hope they poop it out for you. You need 50 Omegon to install the rank 3 jet pack upgrade, so its something to look for.

Got jumped by a Sentinal Walker today, was a bit annoying...its laser beam does damage and knocks you back, glad it walked into a pillar and despawned, might have ended poorly for me.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If you're going atlas, don't sell any orbs. Otherwise you'll be buying them back at 2.8m a pop.
Yes if you follow Atlas path the "end" option comes after you get 10 orbs.

Finally tried out a grenade from this multi... Killed a dog sentinel in one hit and left a small crater in its place $$

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Omegon, found it on the AH and from traders in the hanger. The inventory resets each time the trader comes in so you can sit there and with a little patience can avoid a lot of running around.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Pretty sure all upgrades are dependant on what you already have. Just walked into a bldg with both a 24 slot multi on the wall, and a vy'keen offering me another 24. Nay, I said, for my grenades are too good. 1% problems.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally found a world covered mostly with oceans, makes the PS4 chug a bit. The game needs better underwater movement because exploring all that undersea stuff would be great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
My only two gripes so far are the graphics turned up don't seem as nice as they looked in PS4 picture threats etc.... running brand new PC 1070 I5-6600k 16 MB 2800 DDR ram

and flying seems REALLY clunky with keyboard and mouse.

Otherwise its a lot of fun.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Finally found a world covered mostly with oceans, makes the PS4 chug a bit. The game needs better underwater movement because exploring all that undersea stuff would be great.

Yeah, I don't know if you get suit upgrades for that or not but it's very needed.

Small tip though: if you jetpack out of water relatively high and then dive back in you will go WAY faster underwater. If you do it right and hit w as soon as you enter the water the speed is amazing.

and flying seems REALLY clunky with keyboard and mouse.
I agree, flying is pretty fucking awkward. I learned to not ever press A or D and only fly using the mouse unless you need to make an extremely sharp turn. Otherwise I had no goddamn clue what was going on, lol. Took a bit to get used to.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Enjoying my restarted game more than the first, but I can safely ignore the quest constantly pushing me forward right? I want to keep exploring where I'm at and not jump off to other systems.

On the technical side game runs great for up to a few hours, then out of no where the FPS will dive down to 7 and I have to restart it. I haven't been able to pin it down if it's a certain area/task/time or what, maybe a memory leak of some sort

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I don't know if you get suit upgrades for that or not but it's very needed.

Small tip though: if you jetpack out of water relatively high and then dive back in you will go WAY faster underwater. If you do it right and hit w as soon as you enter the water the speed is amazing.

I agree, flying is pretty fucking awkward. I learned to not ever press A or D and only fly using the mouse unless you need to make an extremely sharp turn. Otherwise I had no goddamn clue what was going on, lol. Took a bit to get used to.

I'm hoping it changes at some point, I was looking forward to the flying and right now it's not much fun, especially considering how much planet hopping etc you do. Will mods ever be a thing in this game ?