No Man's Sky

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its also way more relaxing. Just kick back, relax, and chill with the controller.

Keyboard and mouse you gotta sit up and be more active, which is actually almost contrary to the purpose of this game.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Using a controller has some aim assistance (5 sentinels at once when bursting the door of an outpost e.g.) ? Ah, btw. anyone an idea what the difference between following the Atlas path or heading directly for the core will be in the end? Atlas seems to give some blueprints and language discoveries on the road but else?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I haven't bothered trying to play with a mouse but I'd bet that has aim assist too. Doesn't matter too much in a game without multiplayer or pvp.

As far as the Atlas path goes, I am not sure what to do. I have gone to four of them and I'm on the way to the 5th, but I'm not getting anything new along the way. I am starting to think about taking a black hole path once or twice and seeing if I find any upgrades from it. Still have yet to find any Omega upgrades.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Nope, no aim assist on mouse. Haven't used a controller yet cause the xbox controller hurts my hands which is a bummer. I can't seem to get a mouse sens that I don't hate for aiming at sentinels but it's not like you need crazy accuracy lol.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Using a controller has some aim assistance (5 sentinels at once when bursting the door of an outpost e.g.) ? Ah, btw. anyone an idea what the difference between following the Atlas path or heading directly for the core will be in the end? Atlas seems to give some blueprints and language discoveries on the road but else?

You'll get all that stuff whether you wander randomly or follow Atlas. Atlas is just a more guided course towards the center is all as far as I can tell.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have a warp reactor tau, and it's installed next to my normal warp reactor. I want to go to green stars, but they still say unable to warp, tau required... anyone know wtf is up? Please don't tell me I need to install theta > sigma > tau

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Not sure. I had a higher tier warp reactor on my ps4 save and I could jump up to 4 galaxies away, but I never got a chance to test that particular mechanic to figure it out.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I can literally jump from one atlas point to the next but I still can't enter star systems that have a warp reactor requirement. Guess I'll be installing the other two today :/

Edit - Nevermind about the warps, I am stupid. Thought I built Tau but I built Theta, which is the best one. At least confirmed that the best one wont get you into the lower tier star systems.

Found this FPS fix for PC players. Spoiler for reddit embed.

Oddly enough doing this and putting all of my settings to high/ultra I am having dramatically better performance on foot... Though getting in ship and entering planet still lag a lot.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
jooka jooka - What'chu think about this game? Don't you have some karma coming your way?

1Uy7Fhi.jpg

pinO9mC.jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's like this game was made to be a wallpaper generator

6DZzVxF.jpg

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I played with my Steam controller today for a little bit and it works well for the game. It's far better than using a DS4 or Xbone controller.

• 2Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
120+ fov in this game is a godsend, 100 on the slider just feels so bad honestly
I tried 150 and it was already pretty fishbowl, warping shit around the edges. Don't know how anyone plays above that. 110-120 is the sweet spot for me. The PS4 must be like 70?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its really just meant to guide people to the end for people who want/prefer/need some guidance in the game towards the end goal.

I don't expect the pay off to be very grand.

This is a very subdued game across the board. More cerebral than gripping.