No Man's Sky

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Huh I never would have guessed this game would pull out of it's Everyone on the Internet is Laughing at Your Dying Piece of Shit Game.
Sounds kinda fun now, maybe I'll go buy it.

Oldbased

> Than U
Found a planet of nothing but metal fingers, gravitino balls( in groups of about a dozen, but all over the place ) pure ferrite, cadmium, pyrite and activated copper. No creatures or flora to speak of but very stable atmosphere. Sents are aggressive on it.

Probably the first planet I've marked. I really should build a base with a portal on it just so I can go back and access that stuff when needed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Kind of looks interesting now. What happened to the guy who said it had a lot of stuff that it didn't just before release? Promoted?

I would possibly buy it at the $10 price I posted yesterday for the PS4 version, on the PC.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Agreed, If it hit $10 I'd pick up 4 copies for my household to play together, it sounds up our alley, but its gotta come down for that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I found one planet with tons of alien artifacts all over, zero inhabitents, some giant fauna, and lots of pyrite. Only thing that sucks is during the day it is fine, at night it dips to -50c so you have to use thermal protection, and then there are random firestorms it seems like every 5 minutes that turn the atmosphere into a 200+C inferno and force you to take cover lol

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can confirm it fixed me. I went to a different system just to be safe, removed scientist station and placed it in the next spot beside it. He did the trying to educate beacon thing for 1.5-2 hours then asked me to remove his core and take to a monolith as I did before. When I came back, I got the circuit board recipe. Before I got lead and acid which is supposed to come much later.

The issue seems to be with having a scientist station before having a construction station so you do things out of order.

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately that didn't work. My shit is just jacked. I made this save prior to the NEXT expansion so that probably has something to do with it. Thumbs up though!

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I found a moon where the only inhabitants are the underground monstrosities, no plants. There are tons of cadium deposits which is nice. There is low atmosphere so jumping around the planet is like having low gravity. Also I found out how to craft Atlas Passes.

Borzak

I tried to find some actual gameplay video on youtube and most of it comes down to people telling you how bad it was but now it's fixed or a stream of two people complaining but no footage that's not a year old.

Cybsled

Found my first Stargate. I only had 1 glyph, so I spammed that and it sent me to some red star solar system that already had 8 bases in it lol. Fuckton of Cadmium there, though.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
I tried to find some actual gameplay video on youtube and most of it comes down to people telling you how bad it was but now it's fixed or a stream of two people complaining but no footage that's not a year old.

Cohh has a playlist on Youtube of recent gameplay.

Borzak

I guess when I looked on twitch it was very late. Wasn't many streamers and the few that were on were no English speakers. I'll try again today.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Annemunition has been streaming it occassionally when she isn't playing Rainbow 6 or PUBG.

Borzak

Watching a steram now that's oriented on actual gameplay. When I looked the other day the few that were on were pairs/groups of people in arguments about the game lol.

• 1Like

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I've played quite a bit at this point, I've certainly gotten my money's worth, but I can't help but be reminded of the general sorry state of game design as a skilled profession. It still feels that it isn't respected or considered, as I am playing I keep finding questions that they clearly didn't ask themselves about player decision-making and the purpose of the mechanics.

Just by rearranging the stuff they already have they could still drastically improve the game. Maybe if I feel up to it I will write something more detailed about it. I haven't kept notes on it though like I usually do when I break down a game.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I haven't played since launch, loaded up today and like the sound of permadeath but is that unrealistic? Is dying just a regular part of playing? I've died four times so far just trying to figure out what I'm doing, but I think I've been pretty unlucky so far on starter planets

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I've played quite a bit at this point, I've certainly gotten my money's worth, but I can't help but be reminded of the general sorry state of game design as a skilled profession. It still feels that it isn't respected or considered, as I am playing I keep finding questions that they clearly didn't ask themselves about player decision-making and the purpose of the mechanics.

Just by rearranging the stuff they already have they could still drastically improve the game. Maybe if I feel up to it I will write something more detailed about it. I haven't kept notes on it though like I usually do when I break down a game.

On the NMS website they stated they want lots of community feedback, tell them how to make a better game.

Oldbased

> Than U
Oh, I feel like there is many improvements and bug fixes to be made that will enhance the game and certain features would be nice as well. I'd also love different station layouts and freighters. Just a casual night of play( ok a long night but not forcing myself to a activity ) yields me 10-20 million units now. Between global missions that if you cherry pick the right reward can pay out as much as 4.5 million units from the reward item for just leaving the freighter and blasting 6 pirates in 30 seconds. Getting sent agro in space and going through all the waves can net 2-3 million in items and with my stacked multi tool scanner now I get ~60k per new plant scanned and ~500k per animal. Add in my massive farm selling crafted items for pure profit and it is nuts. I think I am down to just 8 salvaged items left, most of my 8 pages of items under guide are complete but that is really the only boring thing I have been doing. I spend a great deal of time in space managing my daily frigate missions and stacking up 1 ship mission + 4-8 station missions and when I want a break a pirate/sent battle.

I've seen several 48 slot haulers I wanted that came and went, so I am closing on my 110million+ units I need to purchase one. I don't see many freighters I want and the few I did I didn't at the time have the 60 million units to buy them. I dread that moving day so I want to make sure it is only once.
Overall not a bad game now though and considering what was done since the failed botched release, I imagine it will only get better.
I will for sure add it to my game rotation where about 10 games I hit for a few weeks/months after massive updates then move to the next one with updates, but I am probably in NMS until the update on 7D2D hits in the next few weeks.

• 1Like