No Man's Sky

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes you do, when you slot them correctly an outline color will be around the upgrade. If slotted incorrectly it will just remain a grey border. Upgrades also chain off of one another as well, so only one needs to be adjacent to the technology module you are modifying. When I do new modules I always hop in and out of my ship to auto save, in the event I slot them wrong I can just reload the last auto save and try again.

God dammit...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yes you do, when you slot them correctly an outline color will be around the upgrade. If slotted incorrectly it will just remain a grey border. Upgrades also chain off of one another as well, so only one needs to be adjacent to the technology module you are modifying. When I do new modules I always hop in and out of my ship to auto save, in the event I slot them wrong I can just reload the last auto save and try again.

They really need to let you move them around after installation :(

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
It is pretty hard to discern with a lot of misinformation out there and people claiming there are buggy quests. From my experience there are two triggers to the "full base build." The first trigger is the Awakening quest line, after you unlock Polo you should get a quest that sends you to an unknown distress beacon on a nearby planet. It may or may not require you to warp back and forth to trigger. It picks back up as a distress signal in space after meeting polo. This will unlock the "archives" base quest line through the base building interface. The second part of base building is unlocked through buying the blueprint through the blueprint analyzer for one of the metal rooms. Round or square it doesn't matter, after placing one you will get a quest to start the terminals quest line.

-Complete the "Awakening" quest Line until it changes into the "Artemis" quest line. This unlocks the basic "Base Archive" quest line.
-Build a Cylindrical Room or a Square Room. This unlocks the Base Terminals which give separate quest lines for each terminal.

*I believe you need to have a base computer set anywhere for the base archive quest to start.

Another unrelated tip that I figured out late into my first play through, make good use of the teleporter in stations, after you visit stations in other star systems you can teleport back without wasting resources. Also, the Freighter Warp drive only takes one warp cell to fully charge, so it is more mat friendly to warp with the freighter in early game.

Thanks for the reply I wonder if the Artemis quest hasn’t triggered because I tore my little wood base down . I’m on about step seven with polo.

I also have only left the system once maybe need to warp more to get triggers

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

What am I doing wrong with the scanner upgrades that they aren't highlighted?

Last edited:

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
What am I doing wrong with the scanner upgrades that they aren't highlighted?

The scanner module highlight color is white, you are doing it correctly. If not linked it will have no border/grey border.

NmsInv_Tech_Inv_layout_Next.png

See in this image how the Haz-Mat gauntlet has no border at all?

This is my understanding of the system:

-There are three types of upgrades in the game; Base Technology (ex. Mining laser, Haz-mat gauntlets), Modifying technology (ex. Analysis visor, Advanced Mining laser, Rocket boots), and Upgrade Modules.

-Upgrade modules can be slotted in "inventory" and "technology" locations for exosuits and starships.
-Allowed 3 upgrade modules per inventory type. (ex. 3 life support upgrades in "inventory" and 3 more in "technology)
-Chaining base technology, technology modifiers, and upgrade modules together gives bonus stats.

So for the mining laser, you can have mining laser > s rank upgrade > s rank upgrade > s rank upgrade > advanced mining laser linked together.
Mining laser is the base technology, followed by s rank upgrade modules, and lastly the advanced mining laser technology is a modifier.

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
You still get the bonus if they are not linked and that can be easily tested. It is my understanding the linking with the color borders is a bonus applied on the existing. So if you want the best possible bonus, stack them together linked to the main use and if you can't do that stack them together in a corner so they are all linked. All S class modules will be the best so replace the C, B, and A's as you go. Stack 3 mining, 3 scanning and 3 weapon ones of your choice and some off ones do not count towards cap. Do the same for exosuit and ship.

Since the exosuit only gets 14 tech slots maxed out, I put the thermal ones in the main inventory as you are not really stacking those and save the 14 tech ones for stacking things such as life support, shield, and sprint and so forth. My suit is now 48/14/48 so I don't even use ship/freighter storage anymore for the most part. I load up my ship spaces with modules and leave 10 open to carry NA+ for shields, purite for pulse and uranium for launch and leave the other 7 slots to gather in all the resources I get when blasting away a planet surface, or knocking down dozens of ships a night in space combat.

This turns you into beast mode btw. I can take down 5+ pirates/ships in under 20 seconds with about 30% shield loss. Positron with max modules is nuts but I'd guess the others are as well. It just fits my head on wrecking style the best for me.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Got the base building missions and also got my free freighter. I would really rather build my base on the freighter than a planet but worried that trying to complete it that way may cause it bug out. Hopefully I can just tear this down and fire people and redo on frigate afterwards.

Spent 4mil on a frigate and it was destroyed on it's first mission so that kinda sucked.

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
Got the base building missions and also got my free freighter. I would really rather build my base on the freighter than a planet but worried that trying to complete it that way may cause it bug out. Hopefully I can just tear this down and fire people and redo on frigate afterwards.

Spent 4mil on a frigate and it was destroyed on it's first mission so that kinda sucked.
Base missions appear forever like a daily mission at the end. It jumps to 6 hours cycles and so far a free shitty C module after each completion. I am still missing 7 items. I think they may be related to the weapon station missions and the final center one.
I spent most of the night making tons of hearts of the sun and working inward some. I came across a station that had tons of S class ships landing and remember reading it is based off economy or something then I saw a ship very different that others before. It looked like a giant eyeball and was 5x taller than other personal craft.
It was labeled exotic and had +40-+70% in all 3 stats, not much space though and only 2 million after tradein. I knew I wouldn't have time to swap ships so I bought it.
Then I bought a 43 slot class A fighter to replace the one I had to sell and working on it. Then I came across a multi tool that was experimental and had +24%/+20%/+69% stats and 24 slots. So all my farming for 2 days was gone as I bought that too. Spent the last part of the night filling it back up with 3 scanner S mods, 3 scatter s mods, 3 mining mods and all the optional attachments.
I expanded my farm to 40 2x2 growth stations and balanced them to make just exactly what I need to cash in 4 million every hour or so.
Between missions and farming and sometimes cheap purchase off the trade system, I no longer need to farm resources on planets and I travel around completing missions and goigng station to station getting the best modules I can.

I think this is my space life now as I work to the center. I am now a few milestones from complete and I could knock that out in an hour if I wanted. Technically I have "beat" the game, except that you never do. Now it is a hunt to find that perfect ship that caters to you, and perfect freighter. Everyone is different.

Oldbased

> Than U
I should add that the base bug will happen when you build a base on the freighter. It'll point you to it. The solution is to build a base terminal on a planet the freighter is in then set log to that mission and you can use the terminal. Took me forever to figure that out reliably.

Eyeball ship pics coming in a few minutes when I go back to freighter base. BTW if you have 6 ships, be careful grabbing a crashed one, it will not allow you to go back to the ship you found it in. Thankfully you can load a previous save or I would have lost 76 million units just now.

When I say it is huge I mean huge. The top of the ship clips the freighter ceiling and space station ceiling haha. When you take off the side wings fold down to make a straight line. It is massively long.

asdss.png

faaa.png

aaaaaaaa.png

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Played all day trying to grind through base missions trying not to think about doing it all over on the freighter

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Automated Harvesters are a pretty nice way to have an endless supply of everything. Find a node, plop a down few harvesters, a base, a teleporter and your good to go. They don't seem to consume the resource.

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
Oldbased Oldbased is there a way to get rid of ships other than using them for trade in value?
Not that I have found. When I find good spaceports and some units to burn I usually fly in the ones I dislike to the port and trade for a prettier one. I wish I could eliminate them though because my 6 ships is preventing the rando ships from landing in my bay it seems. I really only need my main ship and obviously I want to keep the exotic one as well.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
My base computer archives mission is to the point where the timer does 6hrs inbetween, does this quest ever end or just keeps unlocking unknown tech? I really want to tear down my base and only thing google leads me to is 50x posts about people who end up having their quest bugged.

Oldbased

> Than U
My base computer archives mission is to the point where the timer does 6hrs inbetween, does this quest ever end or just keeps unlocking unknown tech? I really want to tear down my base and only thing google leads me to is 50x posts about people who end up having their quest bugged.
As far as I know at the point you are at it is just a daily to get a random module as a reward. You have gotten all the rewards I think you can get from it that matter as far as I know.
They should really add a base terminal inside a ship since all the others can be. They all give repeating quests once you complete the main lines.

I need to finish my weapons station missions to confirm that as I am still missing 7 items from the 8 pages of craft stuff. 1 appears to be a flag, the others seem to be freighter or are after it.

I farmed myself up to a few hundred million units and beefed up my fighter with modules. It can now jump 800 light years per hop and only uses a fraction of warp fuel to do it now. Also have 3 shield, 3 pulse 3 hyperdrive( obviously ) and 3 positron modules along with the 2 scanners and 3 engines and a few other modules. Since my exotic has such high hyper base stats, I am going to hit it up next and see how far it goes. Still a long ways from the center and I don't think I want to ride the repeating Atlas there if I can get it down some more although as it is right now, 80 jumps would do it.

Right now I just jump into a wealthy, promising, booming or any other positive wording systems for better markets/selection. I knock out 20 or so missions between ship missions, guild, and quest guy in an hour or so. Grab modules I want to and off to the next. Farm my plants 2-3x a day and move on. Still lack a few crafting recipes but have most of the important ones to make big money from the farming.

NM just saw the test patch notes. Appears some blueprints were missing from the BP machine. Sad they are removing nanos as a reward for buried tech.
Lots of fixes for people with saves prior to Next too.
upcoming patch notes can be read here:
r/NoMansSkyTheGame - NEXT Experimental Branch 08/08

But while many things were fixed/added as in recipes and mission bugs, farming is getting a huge nerf if you play more than casually. Basically growing times are 10-20x longer than current. People with maxed out farming space were able to do 500+ million units a HOUR previously and I thought my 10 per hour was nutty.

Also found out I can dismiss frigates. On the management console hover over the frigate you want gone and hold the middle mouse button. It goes fast though so make sure you want it gone and the right one.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

You would only get like 20-30 nanites from buried modules. When you’re trying to farm blueprints, that shit got annoying

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Will have to do some more whispering egg farming while it lasts . I connect each spot with tunnels underneath and they respawn so can clear it really fast for a quick 5 mil

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
With Mind Control Device unlocked just buy Gold and Sodium Diode, from ships and the trade terminals, craft and sell for millions.
It's not as fast as the Cryo-Pump was but it's still pretty decent.