No Man's Sky

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
More questions! F FarmCheese I didn't realize this but want to confirm that you can have three of each upgrade type on your exo suit one set in general inventory and another in tech. I tried with some quality Bs and it's not yelling about removing one but it's hard to tell if they are all stacking.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Thats sad to hear. The game is really fun and it's honestly the first "single player" game I've thoroughly enjoyed and I've already sunk so many hours into it. Don't get discouraged man. If you play survival mode on PC lets get together and play. Steam Community :: Farmesan Cheese

Knowing what I know now, I could see myself pulling off a survival mode character in less time than it took me before. Ill have to take you up on that offer in a week or two when work is a bit slower and I can play for 6-8 hours at a clip again.

FarmCheese

Trakanon Raider
More questions! F FarmCheese I didn't realize this but want to confirm that you can have three of each upgrade type on your exo suit one set in general inventory and another in tech. I tried with some quality Bs and it's not yelling about removing one but it's hard to tell if they are all stacking.

The "Tech" slots are designed to help save space in your main inventory. The stats do stack but I'm honestly not sure how accurate it all really is. Here is another link that could explain how it all works. Upgrade Module

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm vaguely aware of the back story of this game shipping as a buggy and unfinished mess, but right now this game is awesome. I'm really impressed with it.

If anyone else is new and trying to figure out trading this was a good video for me:

It's kinda dense and dry but it helped me.

My take away is it's basically separated into Low Med High affluency systems. And the systems form trading loops.
Advanced Materials > Scientific > Trading > Advanced Materials repeating
or
Technology > Power Generation > Mining > Manufacturing > Technology repeating

Then the bit about trading on Space Stations vrs Trading Outposts vs Freighters... I'll get to that when I get to it. Right now I'm just finding affluent systems that form a loop and popping from station to station to earn some loot.

LMH NMS trading.png

NMS Cargo trading.png

NMS Loops trading.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Newb question: I've got about 8 hours into this and haven't run into a single upgrade to my suit/ship/multitool.

From what I've gathered, I can buy ships directly from the alien NPCs or I can salvage crashed ones. Where do I find crashed ones? The ones I've seen to buy are all a good bit out of my range still (think it was like 5.5 mill for a 28 slot one).

Multi-tools are just bought? I haven't seen any for sale AFAIK, where would I go looking for these?

Suit upgrades: reading online, it seems you find drop pods and they award +1 inventory slot? Where the hell are these drop pods? I've explored 3 planets now in my starter galaxy and all the buildings, etc I come upon just have more resources, language stones, and that type of thing. My signal booster using nav modules or whatever just point me to more of the same.

Also, how do I remove a waypoint? I've got a Crashed Freighter waypoint from my starter planet. I explored the freighter, looted all the cargo pods under the ground there and everything. Waypoint is still there no matter what planet I go to. Kinda annoying/clutter.

Cybsled

Crashed ships: When you go to an Alien space station, look at the tables for cube looking things on top. If you use them, you get a free nav data item. Use that with a signal booster on a planet and search for distress signals. You don't always get crashed ships as a result, but that is what they are listed under. You can either repair the ship to use, or you can swap it with the aliens that land at the stations/trading posts (or pay the difference).

Multi tools can be bought at space stations or the alien settlement posts. There are also some quests/interactions that give it as a reward (random).

To find drop pods, nav data doesn't work. You need a specific drop pod variant to locate them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Ty for the info.
I fell into the omfg everything is an endless grinding pit although I had fun for a while and then quit a bit ago.
Glad to hear there's another reason to look at this gorgeous mess.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It was turned around as of the previous big update IMO, and they're still adding to it. Definitely worth the 50% off price point if you're into sandbox space games

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

The game is a lot better now and they've improved on many elements that were missing at launch, but because it launched in a super horrible state, you cannot ever play it again and it should be F2P instead...or so the people in the FO76 thread would have you believe.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's a bit repetitive but enjoyable now. Was ok but clearly unfinished at launch.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
grabbed it via the sales.
Initial experiences were not great.

Started on a toxic planet. Start tutorial doesn't account for that possibility. so instead of sending you to get your life support/shields up, it wastes time dicking around with other directions, sending you to find your spaceship. As well as locking you in cutscenes, etc, while you are dieing.

UI sucks balls. maybe need to use controller.

Launched ship, and immediately flew straight into a fucking wall/overhang, and died. Because they game doesn't have any protection on starter location, not immediately facing a cliff. And of course, doesnt launch vertically, or even tell you how to fucking fly the ship. Second attempt I was able to bounce off the wall, and fly through the cave system under it...

Really seems like the Starbound, giant empty boring planets.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Been playing for 2 weeks now or so from that 50% off deal. Had to upgrade the old puter with some ram and Gcard, this was before the current update. Past day of so I have seen new stuff. So far its great game!

Did a look up on some things to see what's what and noticed there is a link to the starter missions that I can now grinding thru that help a ton vs just casually running around.
The big thing I noticed was the glass. I was grinding out silver for it then got an unlock from getting first hired NPC that gave me a recipe for glass thats just frost whatevers to make it instead of processing the silver. Same with the warp core thing. Was grinding crashes for antimatter until I got my 2nd hired NPC, now have the recipe to make cores, etc.
Starting to see it ramp up fast now. Switched over to grinding out the missions now to get the easier recipes for things.

I hate the 3rd person view, for those that like the over the shoulder tether console style where ya can run at the camera not seeing where ya going and cant zoom out far enough, ya might love it. I hate that shit!