No Man's Sky

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I prefer first person on foot and third person flying. I want to get back into it but i'm trying to complete my backlog of games. I waste so much time in this game just mindlessly exploring. Should be fun to explore now that they released two updates since I last played.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Was more a metaphorical ref, there seemed to be a quest chain of sorts. Co-worked at one point told me that would get to a point where I could hire NPCs, once I started to look and complete the current quest things started to unlock for me. I was ignoring things and just scouting around on my own.
I do hit this site for extra stuff that helps. This was the first thing I did to get out of 3rd mode.
Tips and tricks

I have early game inv solved for now, makes me happy!

56480123911__9B8EA42D-5DA4-43EC-A5A9-BE9BE5CE18E4.JPG.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Anyone still playing this? I find it relaxing after coming home from work and occasionally joining random people's open games to see what they've built.

I love exploring but I find base building to be tedious. Hopefully there will be an update where players can buy and sell bases/converted freighters so lazy bastards like me can just explore and trade as we go. I respect the players who love the grind, they build great things.

I really hope this game continues to unfold and evolve into something grandiose (other than a fiasco).

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I haven't played in a while. The new updates seem interesting.

The updates were a much needed breath of life into the game. The colors have been improved as well as more vehicles, base content and planet variety.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
How's multiplayer/co-OP now?

you can see people's sprites and ships up to a party of 4 (if you join a random game or invite friends to yours.) Serves can hold up to 16 total but again groups of 4 can see each others player models and ships. You can shoot other peoples freighters for resources and kill other players if the server rules allows. Dont get me wrong it needs work and fleshing out but, if you are in the mood to explore with friends for bit its fun!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
you can see people's sprites and ships up to a party of 4 (if you join a random game or invite friends to yours.) Serves can hold up to 16 total but again groups of 4 can see each others player models and ships. You can shoot other peoples freighters for resources and kill other players if the server rules allows. Dont get me wrong it needs work and fleshing out but, if you are in the mood to explore with friends for bit its fun!
Utnayan Utnayan ! DRUNK NIGHT!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Anyone still playing this? I find it relaxing after coming home from work and occasionally joining random people's open games to see what they've built.

I love exploring but I find base building to be tedious. Hopefully there will be an update where players can buy and sell bases/converted freighters so lazy bastards like me can just explore and trade as we go. I respect the players who love the grind, they build great things.

I really hope this game continues to unfold and evolve into something grandiose (other than a fiasco).
Bought it long time ago when it was on some sale, tried it for a while and stopped playing until they fix it. Is there a multiplayer/co-op available now?
I mostly liked the exploring asepcts of it but didnt like the grind to get inventory space.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
It honestly still looks like procedurally generated mush to me, especially the screenshots above. And nothing at all like the infamous trailer.