No Man's Sky

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
It honestly still looks like procedurally generated mush to me, especially the screenshots above. And nothing at all like the infamous trailer.

Most true sir, It absolutely looks and feels that way. I am still salty about the discrepancies and there is still a ton of work for Hello Games to get their asses in gear for.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Bought it long time ago when it was on some sale, tried it for a while and stopped playing until they fix it. Is there a multiplayer/co-op available now?
I mostly liked the exploring asepcts of it but didnt like the grind to get inventory space.

you can see people's sprites and ships up to a party of 4 (if you join a random game or invite friends to yours.) Serves can hold up to 16 total but again groups of 4 can see each others player models and ships. You can shoot other peoples freighters for resources and kill other players if the server rules allows. Dont get me wrong it needs work and fleshing out but, if you are in the mood to explore with friends for bit its fun!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
20190209024618_1.jpg

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I bought a new freighter with 11 additional slots. Normally I would be stoked but I thought the inventory would be automatically transferred cuz, ya know more slots. I lost so many rare plant genetics. You can see the others under the description overlay. I have no idea why I held onto these for so long considering they were worth a few hundred thousand. I suppose I was hoping for Hello Games to implement a system where you can grow these suckers that would be truly one of a kind and fulfill my dream of being a traveling space botanist. Cautionary tale, travels beware.

20190205214853_1.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
FWIW mate I am happy for your updates and glad you have taken on the task for this game. I was always waiting for multiplayer of some sort to give this a shot. Please keep it up:).

• 1Like

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
FWIW mate I am happy for your updates and glad you have taken on the task for this game. I was always waiting for multiplayer of some sort to give this a shot. Please keep it up:).

Thanks Rease, It's been a journey filled with exhilarating highs, mind numbing grinds and patient waiting. Something big is on the horizon.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So....

Full virtual reality support coming for PSVR and PC. Summer 2019 - free update.

That could be pretty damn cool :) Cant wait to try it out. From the ground up also, not ported. So Move controllers, etc - this should be pretty damn epic to tell you the truth.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think I'll jump back into NMS when the summer update comes out, it will be a totally new game from when I last played.

• 2Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I want a new psvr to come out so I can take advantage of the VR stuff. I don't feel like it's worth adopting something that I feel is already outdated tech wise. Plus, motion sickness worries me since I've never tried VR. I get nauseous in a moving car when I try to read more than a paragraph. So there's that...

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I want a new psvr to come out so I can take advantage of the VR stuff. I don't feel like it's worth adopting something that I feel is already outdated tech wise. Plus, motion sickness worries me since I've never tried VR. I get nauseous in a moving car when I try to read more than a paragraph. So there's that...

I can’t read in cars either. Never get sick in vr though. :)

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Might be worth it to pick it up before the update, they may drop sales once the PSVR patch hits :p

• 1Like

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
You can stand on the outside of your other ships if you are careful enough.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been playing off an on since the update. I still hardly understand anything about this game. Apparently placement of your upgrades in you invintory is very important and I dont get it. Ive been doing that artemis quest and dicking around trying to farm units for upgrades. I think VR will be cool

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Been playing off an on since the update. I still hardly understand anything about this game. Apparently placement of your upgrades in you invintory is very important and I dont get it. Ive been doing that artemis quest and dicking around trying to farm units for upgrades. I think VR will be cool

• 1WTF

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Cool thanks that explains everything

Sorry that was supposed to be a picture of properly aligned schematics. Modules that are placed next to each other will have a colored border around them, they have to be physically touching.

• 2Like