No Man's Sky

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, the thing I'm most excited about with this game isn't the game itself, but what this game could lead to in future sci fi games, especially if people can figure out how to add more handcrafted planets in along with the procedural ones, or having handcrafted content show up on the procedural planets. I just keep picturing some future Star Wars game consisting of the entire galaxy, with every planet ever mentioned in Star Wars showing up, and an actual story to go along with all the procedurally generated goodness.

No Man's Sky isn't going to be that, but it still ought to be fun to play around with; and if it succeeds, it may push other developers to look into this sort of procedural generation.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If you can't coop like Minecraft do you think it will do that well? I can't imaginenotgetting bored in a sandbox without other players, at least coop. Do that many people play Minecraft solo? If so that's crazy.

Caliane

really? that soon? have we seen anything to suggest this game is actually anywhere near complete, or have an actual game?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just because they haven't revealed every part of the game doesn't mean it isn't mostly done. All they need to create are gameplay systems, the content is procedural.

Brad2770

I went to reserve this at GameStop and they said the June 2016 isn't official yet, so not taking preorders yet.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
My prediction: If Morpheus is delayed, No Man's Sky will be delayed. I think this is their flagship VR release title.

spronk

FPS noob
Official release date now 6/21, starting to be available for pre order everywhere. Limited edition $80 will be up too

24836694024_91b32380c9_b.jpg

Plus a special 10k run of a explorers edition, exclusive to PC and this online store

r5SeZGq.png

No Man iam8bit

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just don't see how a procedurally generated infinite universe will ever feel interesting or special. Seems like it appeals to a certain type of person.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
They have 3 months of media to feed us, but have we seen humanoids in this game yet? Will we even see other players if we come across where they are at (Steam says Single Player even though we're all in the same universe). Wondering how trading and crafting works, just playing w/ dialog boxes when in proximity of places or actually talking to traders, etc.

They talk about being a fighter, trader, explorer, crafting, etc, would like little clips on each at some point I hope.

moontayle

Golden Squire
They have 3 months of media to feed us, but have we seen humanoids in this game yet? Will we even see other players if we come across where they are at (Steam says Single Player even though we're all in the same universe). Wondering how trading and crafting works, just playing w/ dialog boxes when in proximity of places or actually talking to traders, etc.

They talk about being a fighter, trader, explorer, crafting, etc, would like little clips on each at some point I hope.
The IGN article above says he ran into an alien manning a trade station. Video doesn't show it though.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
After reading about the new info's my hype has gone up a bit. Look like it could be a really fun chill game. We'll see.

spronk

FPS noob
i think you'll need to be kinda high to really enjoy the game, i wonder how far along legal marijuana is in my state

"i need a medical prescription to play no mans sky, its the only way I can truly enjoy the game"

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Interest went down. Listened to the interview that Kinda Funny did with the dev, and its more single player focused than I hoped. Their goal is just to get people to explore the infinite universe and keep on expanding. Will probably skip this game now.