No Man's Sky

xzi

Mouthbreather
I didn't even look into the Atlas stuff, just immediately went with the "let me explore" option. Currently I'm scouring my planet for the very last species to scan and I'll have 100% on it. Can't seem to find the bastard.

If they deliver updates to this game periodically I think it has a huge potential to be absolutely amazing. I enjoy it for what it is now but I'm excited to see what they eventually do to it.

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
As for the creatures, you might be just missing a bird. Couldn't scan them, so eventually shot one down, and while dead, it became scannable :p
I'm hoping for some sort of storyline/mystery with the Atlas stuff, but I guess i shouldn't get my hopes up? As while entertaining, the game so far seems to be hop planet, explore, mine, and repeat. After the 50th time, I don't know if it's going to last. I'm missing my space opera component.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'm following the Atlas path, and I was wondering if I can have Nada/Polo show me a shortcut (black hole), while still being able to follow the Atlas path?

Ladro

Anomaly
This game feels more like Inventory Manager 2016 than Space Exploration Simulator to me. Getting tired of hearing "inventory full" all the damn time. Assume there's a way to upgrade that and I haven't found it yet?

I will admit it ticks the OCD checks for me, I do like exploring and seeing what I can find.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yes, start searching around for dropships on the planet. Bring credits.

Alternatively, follow Atlas till you get the Atlaspass v1.

Then visit space stations and bring credits. Open atlaspass doors to find suit inventory upgrades.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Cool. Seen a bunch of those Atlas containers and doors but assumed I'd get the pass along the way of the game. On my fourth system and found the first Atlas monolith I think. Have about 500,000 credits already from some huge Emeril deposits I found early on. Shit money from some of the streamers I've seen but at least I'm not mega poor.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
To clarify, you can get suit upgrades from drop ships on planet surfaces without the Atlas pass, but the Atlas pass lets you pick up a new inventory slot upgrade at each space station you visit.

First upgrade is free, each subsequent one is 10k credits, so it gets up into the hundreds of thousands fairly quickly.

Max slots seems to be 48.

You should also try upgrading your ship. You can get free ship upgrades from following transmissions from beacons. Eventually one will send you to a Point of Interest that will send you towards a crashed ship. If the ship is an upgrade, and there are available resources to repair its basic functionality on the same planet, then get the upgraded ship.

Make sure you've gotten the hyperdrive blueprints before you ditch your original ship, btw. It just saves headaches.

• 1Like

Toony

Molten Core Raider
Played about an hour, so far its really fun... of course that's coming from someone that never "finishes" games so who knows how many more hours it'll be fun.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To add to what Hodj mentioned. On planets, look for the orange beams of light that shoot up from the ground, sometimes they are alone, other times they are in a little complex. If you have the recipe for making a Bypass Chip (easy to make; plutonium / iron), make a few and go to the orange light terminal. Using the Chip will give you 4 options on what to look for; Monolith (words / lore), Colonial Outpost (operation centers / manufacturing facility: places to get recipes as rewards), Transmission (find various waypoints, including Crashed Ships), and Shelter (various outposts, usually inhabited...and Drop Pods (lets you upgrade Suit inventory).

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I had to restart due to the bug I mentioned in a previous post. Then lost the next start because it crashed just as I was walking back to my ship to save. 3rd start is going well. Apparently the sentinels don't like my strip mining practices.

I assume I am supposed to be following the highlighted path on the galaxy map?

Has anyone noticed the bug with hitting the circle (speed boost) during a launch sequence? Try not to shit your pants.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can follow it. You don't have to.

Follow Atlas for a guided tour of the universe.

Find Nada and Polo for a short cut warp through a black hole.

Or just

As for the launch bug: Yeah all the time. Its my one most irritating bug, tbh.

Goonsquad Officer
I bought a mining gun from the alien space station thing and it has a bolt caster, only it's not casting bolts. if i uninstall it, it mines, if i install bolt, it bolts.

is there some hotkey that swaps between the mining and bolt casting functionality that I'm not hitting on it? or do i have to reinstall it to fight drones?

also, how do i force a save?

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Y pad on the xbox controller, triangle on the ps4 controller, swaps between weapon modes.

On PC default setting is "x" key.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought a mining gun from the alien space station thing and it has a bolt caster, only it's not casting bolts. if i uninstall it, it mines, if i install bolt, it bolts.

is there some hotkey that swaps between the mining and bolt casting functionality that I'm not hitting on it? or do i have to reinstall it to fight drones?

also, how do i force a save?

To save, just interact with the flagpole at any planetary complex, or the game will save automatically whenever you exit your ship (might need to take off / land first).

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Put in 8 hours, think I am done until some patches are in. Not going to say I regret the purchase but the inventory management needs to die in a fire. Wouldn't be so bad if everything stacked but having three atlas orbs and learning I need 10 is not something I am going to.

Stopped on a planet that has vortex cubes on a pedestal that sell for 35K or so and galactic traders everywhere, hit 35 million and could easily keep going. There is a trader seconds away behind me in that SS

JyIJI8A.jpg

Last edited:

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The stacking thing for those rarer items has to be fixed somehow I agree.

Its stupid limiting.

You should really only do the Atlas orb farming when you're ready to finish the play through.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Stacking rare items would just allow infinite farming and selling making it even easier than it already is to get millions. Inventory space is not an issue when fully upgraded and that can be done probably in a few hours if focused on.

(might need to take off / land first).
Just jumping in and out works.