No Man's Sky

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Put in 8 hours, think I am done until some patches are in. Not going to say I regret the purchase but the inventory management needs to die in a fire. Wouldn't be so bad if everything stacked but having three atlas orbs and learning I need 10 is not something I am going to.

Stopped on a planet that has vortex cubes on a pedestal that sell for 35K or so and galactic traders everywhere, hit 35 million and could easily keep going. There is a trader seconds away behind me in that SS

View attachment 699

You spent enough time on a planet to gather up 1000 items which sell for 35k each, yet complain about needing to save 10 slots (at some point in time) for a "quest" item. Funny. That is a lot of running around, did you ever get attacked by a Sentinal Walker?

Inventory space really is a non-issue, just takes a bit of time (like everything else), and with that 35mil, you can easily get a 48 slot ship and upgrade to a 48 slot Suit. ;p

Question about the Atlas Pass v2., if anyone has gotten it, did you get it as a reward from a outpost, or from Nada/Polo?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
One thing I want to point out to people that are only following the Atlas path. If you blindly follow the guide paths, you will only visit the most common planets. The Atlas path will never take you into a star system that requires sigma, tau or theta warp drives and those are apparently where the more lush worlds are (look for colored stars). It is also my assumption that you can't get Omega upgrades from a normal star system but I can't confirm that anywhere.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One thing I want to point out to people that are only following the Atlas path. If you blindly follow the guide paths, you will only visit the most common planets. The Atlas path will never take you into a star system that requires sigma, tau or theta warp drives and those are apparently where the more lush worlds are (look for colored stars). It is also my assumption that you can't get Omega upgrades from a normal star system but I can't confirm that anywhere.

The game doesn't end when you finish the atlas path, does it?

Just installed the Theta warp drive, but I've only been following the waypoints. Game has crashed 5 times today....have never experienced that with a console game.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You spent enough time on a planet to gather up 1000 items which sell for 35k each, yet complain about needing to save 10 slots (at some point in time) for a "quest" item. Funny. That is a lot of running around, did you ever get attacked by a Sentinal Walker?

Inventory space really is a non-issue, just takes a bit of time (like everything else), and with that 35mil, you can easily get a 48 slot ship and upgrade to a 48 slot Suit. ;p

Question about the Atlas Pass v2., if anyone has gotten it, did you get it as a reward from a outpost, or from Nada/Polo?

For some reason I though 16 was make suit slots, 48 makes 10 atlas stones not bad at all. Still even with 16 slots and 35 on my ship finding it a pain in the ass.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Just sell them and when/if you even want to reach the end of Atlas path later, farm them then. You can buy them at a lot of space stations and other vendor kiosks. May take awhile but so does everything in this game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have yet to find one but someone claimed to get all 3 by farming manufacturing centers for new recipes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Atlas path ending isn't an ending. You get some text and then this happens

You get some text that culminates the basic story and a black hole opens. You can either continue on your way from there and ignore the black hole. Coming back to it later if you want. If you go through the black hole it appears it essentially just sticks you at the start again but with all your upgrades, inventory and language still with you.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah the suit inventory thing is a little misleading. When you get the 16th slot, it -looks- like every potential inventory slot is filled (because of the previously empty slots that are clearly in a grid pattern) and I wouldn't be surprised if some people stopped there because it looks like max. Then you come across another pod and it just keeps adding slots.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Last night I saved up around 800k and bought a ship from a guy that landed on a space station. Paid about 500k for it(3 more slots and much better weapons). I transferred all my shit over to it, made the purchase and logged out for the night a few minutes later. Today I log in, and the new ship is gone. I also am under 800k in units, and have my old ship back. What is the save mechanic here? I know there are save locations you can find and unlock on planets. I haven't paid much attention to when/where I logout, but I figured a space station would be a pretty fucking good place to do so. Anyone know what's up with the save mechanics? Not going to make any more big purchases if I risk logging out and losing them.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You have to get in and out of the new ship. If you never did that, it didn't save. You just resumed from when you first landed in the space station and probably still have the items you sold to get you above 800k in the first place.

Just won an 18 ship dogfight around a freighter. Pretty fun. Lasers are definitely better weapons than projectiles in space, instant lock ons and no trying to aim at a reticle far ahead of the target.

Last edited:

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every time I play this game I can't help but think of this.

a69.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
It's funny really how all or nothing the planets tend to be. Certainly something that needs adjusting. Planets tend to shit one or two resources you'd actually want and the rest is absent. Abundance is fine in some cases but it is a noticeable issue the longer you play.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
There's lots of things I'd do differently in that arena, like having some simple biomes on each planet. Nothing too crazy but two or three simple biomes that stratify from pole to equator on both sides of the planets would be one thing Id have done differently.

• 1Like

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
So, I've had it lock my PS4 up twice now--seems to be just after I get in a Drop Pod. Kind of takes away from the experience

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
i wish i could afford to drop 60 on a game I might like, im still worried that no real goals will make it stale so quick

xzi

Mouthbreather
I like the game a LOT, but I honestly would suggest waiting until a sale or a fist big content patch at least.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The game started slow for me but really started to pick up once I restarted and played slower. I fully discovered it and found a ton of upgrades and several improved ships before moving to the second planet. Now I am buzzing along with improved scanners, tools and $$$. This are really moving faster and I'm only about to finish discoveries of the second planet.

• 1Like