[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FdAdxST.jpg

Recent pic of Hamill posing with the guy who voiced Darth Maul.

Gotta admit, he's looking like he could play an elder jedi pretty well. And I'm as skeptical as possible about the OT actors coming in for roles.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The most recent JJ Star Trek movie was a pile of shit. Totally rehashed themes and dialogue, that did nothing to expand on the Star Trek universe. If the new Star Wars movies are anything like Into Darkness, I am going to be extremely disappointed.
I agree the recent treks were piles of shit. But the big difference is, JJ won't be "rebooting the franchise" with this star wars movie.

I hope they un-fuck the retarded things the EU did with Mara Jade and the Solo children. Killing off the little Solo just as he was becoming Luke 2.0 was so stupid I could barely wrap my head around it. My brother threw the book across the room when he read it happen. You could tell they wanted the series to be edgy and dangerous, but they really shot themselves in the foot with that one.
You think killing anakin was worse than killing chewie?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah Max von Sydow was the first name that caught my eye, wonder who he will be... Adam Driver was supposed to be cast as the main villain so who knows what role von Sydow will have.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
You think killing anakin was worse than killing chewie?
In EU context? Absolutely.

Chewie was not really a good character for books because, to keep with the trilogy, he could not speak English. He was always the biggest "side" character and well loved enough that he was the perfect catalyst that was supposed to prove that no one was safe and that this new universe was dangerous for everyone while still heeding Lucas' directive that Luke, Leia, and Han could not be killed. If you read any EU you'd know that the Wookie they featured, Chewie's nephew, was given a speech impediment that specifically allowed him to speak in an intelligible manner to the other characters.

Anakin, on the other hand, was the focus of a TON of the books and even had jedi prophecy preaching about how he was the next big thing. Them killing him off is even more of a slap in the face becauseChewie died saving Anakinin a hugely symbolic gesture that Lucas erased because he thought morons would be confused by the naming.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't know, he might have a point. I mean, I know three people named Jeff, and I can't ever fucking remember which is which. Such a moron
frown.png

iannis

Musty Nester
That's why whenever you meet another person named Chris, then ChrisPrime has the obligation to rename them.

Arakkis

N00b
I have a seething nerd hatred for R.A. Salvatore after the shit Star Wars book he wrote. He not only killed Chewbacca saving a bunch of worthless no name background people, but also introduced probably the shittiest most cliche "villains" ever. In a universe that mixes sci fi and mysticism, why go the fucking plant people route? Why does Star Wars need fantasy steam punk thrown in when it already is a mixture of genres? The best part is, he only wrote the one book, then left it to a parade of authors to try and salvage his terrible ideas. It was a stupid move to publish his book and it sent the EU off into an unreadable mess.

Lorren_sl

shitlord
Episode 7 cast:

John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker, in Star Wars: Episode VII

rrr_img_65666.jpg

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I have a seething nerd hatred for R.A. Salvatore after the shit Star Wars book he wrote. He not only killed Chewbacca saving a bunch of worthless no name background people, but also introduced probably the shittiest most cliche "villains" ever. In a universe that mixes sci fi and mysticism, why go the fucking plant people route? Why does Star Wars need fantasy steam punk thrown in when it already is a mixture of genres? The best part is, he only wrote the one book, then left it to a parade of authors to try and salvage his terrible ideas. It was a stupid move to publish his book and it sent the EU off into an unreadable mess.
RA Salvatore didn't come up with shit, don't hate on him for those awful decisions - Lucas Publishing told him to kill off Chewie and probably the other generalities for the plot as well. He's a big name author so they got him to kick off the "New Jedi Order" planned series they had come up with.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
RA Salvatore didn't come up with shit, don't hate on him for those awful decisions - Lucas Publishing told him to kill off Chewie and probably the other generalities for the plot as well. He's a big name author so they got him to kick off the "New Jedi Order" planned series they had come up with.
Then RA Salvatore should say no and not cash the fucking check. Hate apologists. The guy is a fucking tool. Oh noes, they put a gun to his head and forced him to kill Chewie.

As for the cast, it looks like the Original Cast has a FAR bigger role in the new series than expected. Pretty cool. I was just expecting cameos.

edit: Andy Serkis to play a future Darth Jar-Jar? :p

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Then RA Salvatore should say no and not cash the fucking check. Hate apologists. The guy is a fucking tool. Oh noes, they put a gun to his head and forced him to kill Chewie.

As for the cast, it looks like the Original Cast has a FAR bigger role in the new series than expected. Pretty cool. I was just expecting cameos.

edit: Andy Serkis to play a future Darth Jar-Jar? :p
Cmon, no one is turning down a huge check to write one book in a universe you don't give a shit about. That's exactly why he was chosen instead of one of their regular authors - to take the PR flak.

Arakkis

N00b
Episode 7 cast:

John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker, in Star Wars: Episode VII

rrr_img_65666.jpg
One of these things is not like the others...