[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
god damn. Why are all the ideas here so fucking shit. Usually ideas of what could happen are Better than the actual movie stories. If this is what were getting from brainstorming fans, I think this movie is fucked.

All I can say about rehashing old stuff is: Plz no.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the name brand cant be damaged anymore after the prequels so im not sure why people are getting so worried.
Like that comic, they could literally make it a Disney style musical and we'd probably be saying "eh, it was better than the prequels I guess."

I think the franchise has legs to keep going but its hindered by being such a cash cow. No one will do anything that isn't focused grouped to hell and back. At best we can hope its on par with his Star Trek reboot. Which would be better than the prequels!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It was the best I could come up with using existing EU shit. Which is why they shouldn't use EU shit.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Every single star trek movie not by jj except for maybe 2 and the one with the whales, has been complete shit.

Arakkis

N00b
The Undiscovered Country was badass. It was like an Agatha Christie novel with shapeshifting trannies and knee balls.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Yes, because Star Wars EU // Old Republic deviations from the original trilogy is clearly the equivalent of taking a shit on screen.

If anything, the argument should be made that your complete lack of touch from the endless possibilities of where to take "the Star Wars story" is what would drive you to desire to see a new artistic interpretation of the human form (ie a Fedor special reinterpreted to film). Seeing as you're already dropping references to shit recorded on film, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Congratulations for making my case for me, sir.
how many times did da vinci remake the mona lisa? exactly. you don't fuck with a masterpiece, you leave it alone. fucking morons.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Because it wasn't a Star Trek, it was a Bourne film in space with Kirk and Spock finally ending the program centuries later.

Arakkis

N00b
how many times did da vinci remake the mona lisa? exactly. you don't fuck with a masterpiece, you leave it alone. fucking morons.
Your analogy would make sense if we were talking about the "special edition" stupidity that Lucas forced down everyone's throats. Which we're not. An analogy for your point of view would be if DaVinci stopped painting after the Mona Lisa because he had painted the best painting ever. Which is dumb.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because it wasn't a Star Trek, it was a Bourne film in space with Kirk and Spock finally ending the program centuries later.
What ruined it for me it was the transporters that could take you all the way to Qo'Nos. Star Trek always plays pretty loose with physics and I'm fine with that, like them glossing over the fact that they created a massive black hole in the middle of the Sol system at the end of the first Flare Trek. I know it seems like a minor detail, but the idea that Khan was able to rig a transporter to travel 112 light-years is such a ridiculous departure from the internal consistency of Star Trek that I couldn't stop thinking about it for the entire rest of the movie.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Your analogy would make sense if we were talking about the "special edition" stupidity that Lucas forced down everyone's throats. Which we're not. An analogy for your point of view would be if DaVinci stopped painting after the Mona Lisa because he had painted the best painting ever. Which is dumb.
no, my analogy is perfect, because da vinci painted the mona lisa, then he went on to do many other beautiful paintings. just like george lucas made star wars, then went on and did indiana jones. the point is, the original star wars had a beginning (a new hope), a middle (empire strikes back), and a conclusion (return of the jedi). the star wars story is OVER. it has an ending. vader returns from the dark side, kills the emperor and sacrifices himself to save his son, luke overcomes the dark side and becomes a jedi master, han and leia fall in love and wind up together, and the empire is defeated. there's nothing left to tell. the story is over. JJ coming along and writing some shitty new story where the emperor has a secret twin brother who is now out to avenge him, leai and han get married and move into a three story brownstone, luke runs phoenix online jedi academy institute, and C3PO finally comes out of the closet is not riveting cinema. and yes, this may be hyperbole, but i guarantee you the actual trilogy won't be anything better than what i just proposed.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
no, my analogy is perfect, because da vinci painted the mona lisa, then he went on to do many other beautiful paintings. just like george lucas made star wars, then went on and did indiana jones. the point is, the original star wars had a beginning (a new hope), a middle (empire strikes back), and a conclusion (return of the jedi). the star wars story is OVER. it has an ending. vader returns from the dark side, kills the emperor and sacrifices himself to save his son, luke overcomes the dark side and becomes a jedi master, han and leia fall in love and wind up together, and the empire is defeated. there's nothing left to tell. the story is over. JJ coming along and writing some shitty new story where the emperor has a secret twin brother who is now out to avenge him, leai and han get married and move into a three story brownstone, luke runs phoenix online jedi academy institute, and C3PO finally comes out of the closet is not riveting cinema. and yes, this may be hyperbole, but i guarantee you the actual trilogy won't be anything better than what i just proposed.
Your opinion is understood and rejected. The story keeps going and its fucking awsome. I wish these new movies followed the Thrawn Trilogy, as it was really solid and lived up the source material IMO.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Your opinion is understood and rejected. The story keeps going and its fucking awsome. I wish these new movies followed the Thrawn Trilogy, as it was really solid and lived up the source material IMO.
yeah, the prequels were so fucking good. i'm sure these will be just as good, or as you so aptly put it, awsome.

qxx_sl

shitlord
re: Grand Admiral Thrawn

So, after reading this thread/comment about GAT, I ended up having a conversation with a buddy about EP7 vs. GAT Trilogy and I started remembering how fucking incredible Grand Admiral Thrawn was as a character and how well written he was. I never realized it when I was reading the books ~20 years ago but, "Thrawn has been praised by both readers and in-universe characters as a paragon of military and Imperial leadership.Increasing his mystique, not a single word was ever published from Thrawn's point of view. Instead, he is only observed by other characters, mostly his loyal second-in-command Captain Pellaeon". That just makes for a really interesting read when it comes to Thrawn and second-handedly gives Pellaeon much more depth and exposition. Really great to read.

Anyway, I naturally went to go dig up the books again to re-re-re-read them...again. But I only have The Last Command handy. So I went looking for the audiobooks. I've only listened to a handful of audiobooks in my life and this one seems great. The characters have very distinctive voices, the narrator reads them really well and they have ambient sounds to set the mood as well as Star Wars sound effects to add to the read. I blew 2 hours listening to these like it was nothing. I figured I would share them in case anyone wants to relive the trilogy or hear it for the first time (or learn how to properly pronounce, 'ysalamir' lols).

Here is a sample:

The whole first book:
Star Wars ® The Thrawn Trilogy: Heir To The Empire Audiobook Part 1 - YouTube

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What ruined it for me it was the transporters that could take you all the way to Qo'Nos. Star Trek always plays pretty loose with physics and I'm fine with that, like them glossing over the fact that they created a massive black hole in the middle of the Sol system at the end of the first Flare Trek. I know it seems like a minor detail, but the idea that Khan was able to rig a transporter to travel 112 light-years is such a ridiculous departure from the internal consistency of Star Trek that I couldn't stop thinking about it for the entire rest of the movie.
It was ruined for me at the point where Kirk losing command of his ship was treated like a teenager losing the keys to the family car but them having then handed back to him a few minutes later so they could to go to store and buy some milk.

Then the whole terrorism aspect simply doesn't fit well into the star trek universe without massive amounts background work that only a works on a TB series not a movie.