fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
what do you think of this?
rrr_img_74213.jpg

rrr_img_74214.jpg

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well... correct... but, what's he going to rule over if all the people under him die? so yes, he was in it for power, but power that he clearly wanted to preserve. obviously we know that when lucas created palpatine, the yuuzhon vong didn't exist and wouldn't exist for a few decades. lucas' motivation for palpatine was just, "he's a bad guy" but in the context of the EU it's not a huge stretch to buy into that theory.

Gahr_sl

shitlord
well... correct... but, what's he going to rule over if all the people under him die? so yes, he was in it for power, but power that he clearly wanted to preserve. obviously we know that when lucas created palpatine, the yuuzhon vong didn't exist and wouldn't exist for a few decades. lucas' motivation for palpatine was just, "he's a bad guy" but in the context of the EU it's not a huge stretch to buy into that theory.
I thought along these lines a while after I posted. Hell, didn't Palpatine have like umpteen clones of himself in the E.U.? Not much of a stretch at all given that context.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Nerds. They were weapons of terror meant to keep order after he dissolved the Senate. It's actually spelled out quite clearly in the first 45 minutes of the film.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Nerds. They were weapons of terror meant to keep order after he dissolved the Senate. It's actually spelled out quite clearly in the first 45 minutes of the film.
Exactly. The E.U. is the juvenile, Twilight faggotry of the Star Wars universe.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
With the quality of the work done there, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the guys doing it have day jobs in SFX or other film work and are actually working in Hollywood, at times alongside Lucas.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I saw that article the other day. It really is quite impressive and clearly a labor of love.

Fadaar

That guy
Watched the beginning of episode 4, color me impressed. It looks great, and they even went so far as to use the ORIGINAL text crawl which did not say Episode IV A New Hope at all.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Watched the beginning of episode 4, color me impressed. It looks great, and they even went so far as to use the ORIGINAL text crawl which did not say Episode IV A New Hope at all.
I just know that people are waiting to pay billions (if not trillions) of dollars to see a few words changed on the opening text crawl
smile.png

Column_sl

shitlord
I just watched some of it, you can totally tell where they took out scenes. Like half the background is blurry hah. Also since its 720p on a big screen it looks like ass

Just put out the original cuts on Blue ray for fucks sake. Film has 6k resolution, you are not going to catch up with that any time soon.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
what do you think of this?
The E.U. novel "Outbound Flight" confirms that Palpatine knew about the Yuuzhan Vong, and was making preparations for it.

He was still not a benefactor to the galaxy. He primarily built the Death Stars and a massive military to dissolve the republic and destroy the Jedi; having them around when the Yuuzhan Vong came was a secondary benefit.

p.s. The EU sucks and I didn't read the novel mentioned.