[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I never understood why everyone hated on midichlorians so much. Is it just that you don't want the force to be quantifiable? Did you always hope that if you concentrated hard enough, you too could be a jedi, and now you're just pissed that it's a right of birth?

I can't think of a better explanation. At least it leaves open the possibility that it's really a higher power and the midichlorians are just a side effect that's measurable.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
What ever happened to Jarjar? For the life of me I can't remember how they bookended his ass.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Didn't he become like the fucking dildo race ambassador or king or something? It was dumb whatever it was, rest assured.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jar Jar was a junior representative of Naboo under Senator Amidala, which is how Palpatine was able to manipulate him to address the Senate on her behalf during her absence and give the Chancellor the authority to form a republic military force.

He succeeds Amidala as senator after her death, and after the formation of the Galactic Empire he continues to represent the sector as senator. He is present on Coruscant when the New Republic liberates it from the Empire.

Arakkis

N00b
I never understood why everyone hated on midichlorians so much. Is it just that you don't want the force to be quantifiable? Did you always hope that if you concentrated hard enough, you too could be a jedi, and now you're just pissed that it's a right of birth?

I can't think of a better explanation. At least it leaves open the possibility that it's really a higher power and the midichlorians are just a side effect that's measurable.
Because it pseudoscienced the Force into some kind of space germ that tells you about the future.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's Jar Jar that creates the fucking empire. He proposes it after Palpatine and his subordinate speculate what Senator would be forward thinking enough to give the chancellor emergency powers.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The only reason I would want to see Jar Jar in 7 is if there's a scene where he's tried for war crimes and crimes againsthumanityalienity(?) for his role in creating the empire and getting Palpatine to power. I hope they string him up.

But it wouldn't surprise me that there's a secret clause in the Star Wars sale deal where George Lucas forces them to have some reference to JJB in everything they make, be it a single frame (Tyler Durden style), something hidden in the background (like the aliens in early South Park) or just blatantly in your face references.

As for midichlorians... they just didn'tfit. Having the Force be something intangible worked well. Giving it some sort of physical property opens up a whole new can of worms. Can a non-Force sensitive person (someone low in midichlorians) just inject a syringe of them and become Force sensitive? Are they a germ or a virus? I don't know, it just seemed unnecessary.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Midichlorians just sounds like something you put in the swimming pool.

Midichlorians - has the Chlorine you need with an added minty taste you'll love.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
As goofy as Jar Jar Binks was, there were much bigger problems with the trilogy.

Darth Maul was marketed as this iconic villain yet was in the movie for five minutes, tops. All the Fett shit ruined the mystique of everyone's favorite bounty hunter. Hayden Christensen delivered one of the worst performances of all time. The ubiquitous CGI robbed the movies of any real charm.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
As for midichlorians... they just didn'tfit. Having the Force be something intangible worked well. Giving it some sort of physical property opens up a whole new can of worms. Can a non-Force sensitive person (someone low in midichlorians) just inject a syringe of them and become Force sensitive? Are they a germ or a virus? I don't know, it just seemed unnecessary.
Yeah. This is why most horror movies suck, because of the need to explain. The jedi are magic force wizards, NO ONE was crying out for a make-believe sciencey explanation for why. I don't need to know the reason why the ghost is haunting the house, no possible explanation is as satisfying as the mystery.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They added midichlorians so they could quantifiably state that Anakin had more force potential than Yoda.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
lol at the anon faggot who thought I was trolling with that question. I just think a lot of people get upset about midichlorians because of shit other people have said and not what was in the movie. There wasn't a whole lot said in the movie, and everything that was said could be explained as an incomplete theory. If you don't like it, just pretend midichlorians are a side effect of the force that someone figured out how to measure.

And don't give me George Lucas's words in interviews, because if you do, i'll give you words from interviews in the 70's where he said anyone could tap the force if they took the time to try.

Oh and for injecting midichlorians to gain powers, I think they tried that in one of the books. I don't think it worked. If it did, it was short lived.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

No, it's deeper than that. In 4-6, the Force is a mysterious phenomenon. The Jedi are portrayed as warrior-monks who can accomplish incredible feats through discipline. The Force was merely an intangible vehicle to make the Jedi relevant in a universe with planet ending space stations. The entire reason it made the Jedi cool was because itwasn'texplained. Giant lasers caused fear, but the true untapped (and unknown) potential of the Force was something even greater than the worst weapons the Empire could make, as was shown. It provided hope in an hopeless situation.

In 1-3, they stripped away everything that everyone loved about the mythos, until finally we are left with "oh, it's just like a bacterial infection or something". Explaining it takes away its purpose and power in storytelling.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Look, the jedi had been around for like 10,000 years (at least). You're telling me it's a better story if they pretend that in that 10,000 years NO ONE had tried to study the force and found out any damn thing about it's origin? The only other option for Lucas was to have a God in his universe, and I'm betting that would have pissed off a lot more of you than something in your blood. In the first 3 episodes, it was no problem because all the Jedi and their culture was dead. But the prequels didn't have that cop out.

Sorry you think it ruined it for you, but it's no one's fault but your own that you can't marginalize the midichlorians in your own mind.