[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I must be the only person on these forums that gives no fucks when it comes to lens flare. I never even knew it was an issue until I read it here one day like 4 weeks after JJ's first star trek came out.
You're not the only one.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I must be the only person on these forums that gives no fucks when it comes to lens flare. I never even knew it was an issue until I read it here one day like 4 weeks after JJ's first star trek came out.
I never saw it until people were like HERP DERP LENS FLARE now whenever I see the new Star Trek movies all I can see is the lens flare :-/

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
This thread is cancer.

The crossguard metal on the sith's claymore is probably made ofCortosis Weave. It is canon as it is in the new book, A New Dawn.

The blades coming out would most likely be for stabbing in close quarter combat, as the length of his blade limits him from the finer techniques of the lightsaber.

And speaking of techniques, the person who wields this won't be doing acrobatics, which is a specific Lightsaber combat form. There are different lightsaber forms, and a weapon like this won't be utilizing crazy moves. And to the people talking shit about the guy hurting himself on the crossguard? Really? A Jedi/Sith who practices, won't be fucking hitting themselves with it. Especially someone who is force sensitive.

That being said, I like it. I think it will bring new fights that don't involve jumping all over the place.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I never saw it until people were like HERP DERP LENS FLARE now whenever I see the new Star Trek movies all I can see is the lens flare :-/
I'm the same way. The worst lens flare I have ever seen though was on the BSG Blood and Chrome pilot.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
This is from a few pages back, but not one answered.

What are blaster bolts, then?
Superheated slugs of tibana gas.

Yes, I read a lot of actual books, just not shitty romance novels disguised as Star Wars with power crystals in them. Now, please tell me about the Twilight series and how much I'm missing there because I didn't read that shit either
First off, it wasn't really a twilight series, there were like 2 books with twilight in the title, Jedi Twilight and Planet of Twilight. I assume you're talking about Jedi Twilight because it was the first book in the Coruscant Nights series. I won't fill you in on it, but it was a pretty good series. Followed a jedi who escaped the purge at the end of episode 3.

Second, thanks to you my wife now thinks star wars books are romance novels.

They leaked a photo of the Sith on oct 28th

rrr_img_83614.jpg
That looks kinda like Revan's mask.

Oh and, I'll join in on the chimpout because the light crossguards look stupid as hell.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is from a few pages back, but not one answered.

Superheated slugs of tibana gas.

First off, it was really a twilight series, there were like 2 books with twilight in the title, Jedi Twilight and Planet of Twilight. I assume you're talking about Jedi Twilight because it was the first book in the Coruscant Nights series. I won't fill you in on it, but it was a pretty good series. Followed a jedi who escaped the purge at the end of episode 3.

Second, thanks to you my wife now thinks star wars books are romance novels.

That looks kinda like Revan's mask.

Oh and, I'll join in on the chimpout because the light crossguards look stupid as hell.
I thought he was giving me a burn about the little girls Twlight vampire shit. Had no fucking idea there was a Star Wars twlight.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
my hopes for this are fading after reading this article and learning that Lucas still had/has some influence and inputHow Disney Bought Lucasfilm??"and Its Plans for 'Star Wars' - Businessweek
Arndt, the screenwriter Lucas and Kennedy choose, was ousted or quitlast year, leaving Abrams and Kasdan to oversee it. Considering Kasdan's involvement with the original trilogy, it's probably not a bad thing that he was moved from consulting to writing. But really, so long as Lucas isn't doing the actual writing nor the directing, I don't think he'll be able to get too much of his stink on this trilogy. One of the biggest problems with the prequels was that Lucas decided to control every facet of the production and had no one to reign him in. In this case, he has the full weight of Disney on him to prevent his stupidity.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This thread is cancer.

The crossguard metal on the sith's claymore is probably made ofCortosis Weave. It is canon as it is in the new book, A New Dawn.

The blades coming out would most likely be for stabbing in close quarter combat, as the length of his blade limits him from the finer techniques of the lightsaber.
I'm not going to argue over pure conjecture. My only point is that the entire thing is made up pseudo-science anyway (laser + crystal + magnet = sword!!!), so they should have just made it a straight up cross lightsaber blade and left it at 'look, more magnet science!' instead of making it look nonfunctional and/or explaining shit away with more EU bullshit. I still have faith JJ won't pull a midichlorian fiasco, but it's still a valid critique that adding 'more shit' just because there needs to be 'more shit' serves no functional storytelling purpose, which is EXACTLY what got the prequels into trouble. If it were an original franchise or the prequels had never occurred I don't think anyone would give a flying fuck, but I imagine most most fans are still worried if not about George 'more shit' Lucas himself, at least his shittiness seeping into the movie.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Crosssaber looks cool but flawed, it depends on the context of how it is used. I doubt they did that without something in mind, maybe it is some sort of mcguffin that opens the sith temple or some shit. Doublesaber opened up acrobatics afterall.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't notice it at all in either star trek, until people kept posting videos of the egregious scenes in a vacuum. Now when I watch them I notice it =/

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I believe that the only stuff that is considered canon are the movies and the clones wars/rebels series, so none of the books technically matter anymore.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I'm trying to watch Episode I for the first time in 10 years and I can confidently say that the 90-second teaser feels more "Star Warsy" than anything presented in this movie.