[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Caliane

Not sure if by "action" you mean something more specific, but the most memorable one, and considered one of the best sequences in cinema is the shower scene in Psycho.

I will confess that I'm not the biggest fan of shaky cam because it's mostly misused or overused, but I can definitely think of many examples of cinematographers using the technic properly. Like Saving Private Ryan or District 9 (I think that movie benefitted greatly from giving it that handheld feel) but people tend to take things to far ala Bourne or Cloverfield.

Also... gotta love Edgar Wright's quick cutting transitions.
yeah, shakey cam does "shell shocked" wonderfully. and I can get behind a storm trooper "saving private ryan" beach scene.
It would play off the "war" part well.

It works pretty well for parkour as well. Although, that also effects the flavor of the movie. I'm not sure I want a Starwars with a fast paced parkour scene. yeah, fine for Bond, Bourne, hulk. would be weird in Starwars. As it being used there is to make a chase scene more personal, and give it "gritty realism". Which is not quite what Starwars is about.
"

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
CNN is a race-baiting shithole, that's why.
Wait till we find out hes getting up and fleeing in his scene from a wild and sand stormy anal rape night with Luke on Tattoine, that made him dark force sensitive in the end.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'm pretty sure he stole a pack of Deathsticks from Tattoine Liquor & Blunts. Then when Han asked him to stop he grabbed his carbine and got shot in the side. That's why Lucas changes the greedo scene so Han didn't shoot first. Didn't want that used as evidence.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Unless I missed it, I didn't see anyone complaining about a black dude.
Supposedly it was generating a buzz on Twitter and Reddit. John Boyega addressed it on one of the social media platforms. I think it had more to do with the idea of a stormtrooper that isn't a clone, not people being racist per se.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, there's a time and a place for shaky cam, and outside of some innocent being hunted by a sith, I don't think star wars is really a place for it.

Then again, I would LOVE to see a movie devoted solely to some gritty, apocolypse now clone troopers.

lanludar

Silver Squire
Supposedly it was generating a buzz on Twitter and Reddit. John Boyega addressed it on one of the social media platforms. I think it had more to do with the idea of a stormtrooper that isn't a clone, not people being racist per se.
Don't people realize stormtroopers haven't been clones for quite a while? Cloning technologically was all destroyed during the clone wars...or it was supposed to be until the EU stuff which is now not canon so who the fuck knows anymore.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Don't people realize stormtroopers haven't been clones for quite a while? Cloning technologically was all destroyed during the clone wars...or it was supposed to be until the EU stuff which is now not canon so who the fuck knows anymore.
Considering that information isn't provided in any of the 6 movies, no, I don't think most people realize that.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They should rematch the trailer. Of the Stormtroopers shown on 2 are even the same height.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well, the original trilogy only hinted that troopers were EVER clones. So there's no reason to believe that the troopers outside of the prequals are clones, thus, episode 7 shouldn't have clones either

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Regarding the storm trooper height thing it is rumored that the black trooper was just using the suit as camo to get off a ship or something and he is the shorter one in that lineup. Sure the rest should be the same height but whatevs.

Siliconemelons

I never understood... "robot armys are bad because it would eliminate all humanoid life" so like no one makes them anymore...and then "clones are bad mmkay, look how it messed up the balance of power" so, no one makes clones army's anymore...

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
didnt recognize a single character, a new batch of episode 1-3 shit is soon to be unleashed

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
didnt recognize a single character
So? Of course there will be new characters. Hopefully they are halfway compelling. The prequels were full of recognizable names and that didn't mean shit in the end.

The two actors shown (black guy and chick) are supposedly the main characters. Good, literally and figuratively starting a new chapter. I also like that they are relative unknowns (maybe just to my old out of touch ass) like the actors in the original trilogy were. Samuel L. Jackson and Liam Neeson are great and all, but it sort of throws off the Star Wars vibe to inject that level of fame into the movie.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
The last clones died on the death star... some small remnants were on hoth and endor.

Battlefront 2 guys...come on.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if I'm going to regret reading all this spoiler stuff or not. I religiously avoided spoiler info at this point leading up to Episode One, and it turned out not to matter since all my expectations were a bit too high to say the least.

Also starting to wonder if we should have separate spoiler/non spoiler threads for this movie. Normally I'd say deal with the tags and just don't look until its out, but this is an entirely different level of hype. And I want to mention the leak stuff without using the tags or risking ruining shit for people.

radditsu

Palpatine has clones dawg. Maybe they steal the books idea without having to pay the writers. Like the wolverine movies...

radditsu

Does everyone remember when metal gear solid 2 came out and kojima trolled everyone with raiden? Then he super trolled everyone and turned him into the new cyborg ninja that everyone had no choice but to love?

Max von sydow is jarjar.
Metal gear 3 was all big boss and it was the best game.

Maybe we get Anakins dad coming up and wrecking dudes. Robot Anakins Dad.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Considering that information isn't provided in any of the 6 movies, no, I don't think most people realize that.
I've been thinking about this. The original trilogy didn't give many hints one way or the other. We never saw stormies with their helmets off. It's possible they were different heights, but I didn't notice if they were. There was also a comment by leia to luke "Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper", which indicates there was normally some uniformity in height. There was mention of Luke wanting to join the navy and fly starfighters, but no mention of anyone wanting to join the army and be a stormtrooper. I believe the stormies voices were all the same in the original movies, even if they weren't the same as the clone's voice of the prequels.

All of that means it's not unreasonable for a normal person to think the stormies in the original trilogy were clones. The only arguments I can think of to counter that is how inept the stormtroopers were, and how the clones were also fighter pilots in the prequels, which would mean there should have been no room for luke to dream about the starfighter corps. Of course, both of those things can be explained away with the clone quality degenerating after kamino was out of the picture. I honestly don't remember if that was in the movie though.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been thinking about this. The original trilogy didn't give many hints one way or the other. We never saw stormies with their helmets off. It's possible they were different heights, but I didn't notice if they were. There was also a comment by leia to luke "Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper", which indicates there was normally some uniformity in height. There was mention of Luke wanting to join the navy and fly starfighters, but no mention of anyone wanting to join the army and be a stormtrooper. I believe the stormies voices were all the same in the original movies, even if they weren't the same as the clone's voice of the prequels.

All of that means it's not unreasonable for a normal person to think the stormies in the original trilogy were clones. The only arguments I can think of to counter that is how inept the stormtroopers were, and how the clones were also fighter pilots in the prequels, which would mean there should have been no room for luke to dream about the starfighter corps. Of course, both of those things can be explained away with the clone quality degenerating after kamino was out of the picture. I honestly don't remember if that was in the movie though.
That could also be just convenient for retconning like so much of the OT, especially ANH. I've never believed Lucas actually had a big story arc for three movies planned, much less nine. I personally thought he came up with the Vader/Luke connection for ESB and at that point there were probably ideas for Jedi getting moving as well. But initially I always assumed the line about stormtrooper height had nothing to do with clones and Obi Wan's reference to "the clone wars" just sounded like some cool dangerous shit from the past. I could be wrong though, not sure how much of that is on record for where the writing came from in the beginning.